Booked through a comparison site. We arrived and parked in their underground car park after some brief confusion. A member if staff assisted with bags etc which was nice. Check in smooth and quick.
We had a large partial river view room. The bathroom was beautiful, the bedroom stylish and well appointed. This is without doubt the most spacious 5 star room you can get in London at that price. Could do with an extra lamp and some better bulbs-as others have said before, the rooms are far too dark.
We slept well, until I was woken by my phone in the early hours- I couldn't get back to sleep as the inbuilt speakers were crackling constantly. Didn't complain as it was so early and my girlfriend was still asleep- not a good time to change rooms!
Ignore what is said about the hotel being too far out-it doesn't claim to be in the west end, and the shuttle car is a nice extra.
Bit of an experience with the small but equipped spa-we left our towels (with room key in the pocket) on the side whilst in the steam room. When we came out, it was all gone! Had to walk out to the reception in my swimming shorts :-/ the resistance pool was closed as seems normal from the other reviews.
Overall, found the hotel to be value for money and worth looking at if you want a bit more for your money just south of the river. I was, however, disappointed that when we checked out and raised the issue of the crackling speakers, I was still charged the £5 levy for the one beer I had from the minibar. Knocking this off the bill would have been a simple way to cheer me up a bit after a few hours lost sleep!
Would consider returning but only for the same or a better deal-would not pay full whack.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotwire, ACCOR, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England