This was our first ever stay in a hotel and I have to say it was amazing!
We came here to celebrate our 5 year anniversary together and it couldn't have been better.
From the moment we walked in, we knew it was good. The reception staff were very helpful and we were able to check in a little earlier than 2pm.
We were on the first floor in an Amazon room, which I thought would be too low, but it wasn't that bad. We didn't have a brick wall as a view so that's all that mattered!
We did have to keep the blinds down quite low because people would be able to see what you are doing, or not wearing!
The bathroom was so stylish, especially the lovely big shower! Lovely soft towels that got changed whenever you wanted.
The bed was so clean and crisp. We used the extra pillows that were provided which were so fluffy. I could lay in that bed all day.
I love how eco-friendly the hotel was and the technology was not hard to use at all! Love being able to turn the lights on and off without getting out of bed!
Room service food was so lovely. We ordered two burgers one night, and a pizza on the next. Very delicious.
We didn't have dinner at the Banyan, but we did have the breakfast in the morning which was AMAZING. Continental includes all your fresh fruits, croissaints, pain du chocolat, toast, waffles, yoghurt, cereals, orange and apple juice and cold meats. For a buffet, 9.95 was not bad at all!
My boyfriend had the full buffet which also included a hot meal of beans, sausages, hash brows, etc... and you choose how you would like your eggs!
When you stay, try to experience the spa. We didn't have any treatments done, but we did use the jacuzzi, sauna, steam room and had a dip in the pool.
It was a lovely way to start the day and the steam is so great for your skin, ladies! ;)
At night we had some drinks in the Crystal bar. I had a few cocktails, including a couple Vanilla Berries, Pina Colada and a Strawberry Daiquiri. So strong and so yummy!
We also had a look on the terrace which has a lovely view of the Thames and the surrounding area. It's a shame it shuts at 9pm though, as it would be lovely to spend a whole evening up there.
We did have a look at the surrounding area which isn't THAT bad. There is a Wetherspoons nearby and a Tesco Express if you need anything.
We ventured to Clapham town which was said to have nothing there....ALL LIES!
LOADS of places to eat and lots of clubs and pubs.
We had a mini pub crawl, venturing from bar to bar just having a look and trying different things.
We couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate our anniversary. Best choice of hotel and we enjoyed every single second.
Will definitely be coming back in the future, can't stay away!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafayel on the Left Bank boasts 70 designer "smart" rooms, champagne bar, riverside restaurant and conference facilities, exhibition spaces as well as the latest spa and beauty treatments and gym. Rafayel is one of the world's most advanced luxury green hotels and proves that hotels can dramatically reduce their carbon emission output without compromising on five-star luxury, quality or comfort. Located on the River Thames at the heart of London's most dynamic riverside development, with sweeping views across to Chelsea Harbour, Rafayel is minutes from the shopping areas of Sloane Square and Knightsbridge and is close to Victoria Station and London's major attractions. Rafayel provides a free shuttle service to and from Clapham Junction and Clapham Common on Northern line every 30 minutes from 7.30 AM to 10.30 PM. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity and Evoline ltd so you can book your Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel And Spa
- Rafayel On The Left Bank Hotel London
- Rafayel On The Left Bank - Hotel & Spa London, England