“Very happy.”

Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #348 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife an I stayed at hotel Rafayel for a long weekend in London.
I honestly can't fault the hotel at all, the room was spacious, well equipped and clean. We had an amazon room without the Thames view (213), which would have been the only thing to have made it better but was I little too expensive for us.
The bed was big and comfy. Bathroom massive with an amazing shower.
Minibar well stocked and not too expensive really.
Overall we were very happy and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (2,092)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Travelled world extensively business and pleasure and not many places come immediately to mind that can be compared to the care, service and attention that the staff gave us to make sure our stay a perfect one.....awesome. The apartment was excellent, clean and unbelievably quite, we couldn't hear a sound and we both had a great nights sleep. It had everything you need for a relaxing stay, just a pity our daughter wasn't with us to share the apartments second bedroom. Sadly we only had one night and wish we had more time to stay but we'll definitely be returning and hopefully soon.

Special mention to Taqi who helped us during checked in, during our stay and with everything else. That said a big thanks to all the staff they were all, without exemption, courteous, helpful, friendly and couldn't do enough to make our stay perfect, thank you. I was sat in the lounge and even the owner (I think it was the owner) approached me and asked if I needed anything and was everything okay for me, wonderful. To many times these days you have to ask for everything, not here...they ask you.

The restaurant food early evening was divine, well presented and served with smiles from everyone, as was the breakfast buffet. Special mention at breakfast for Aga for the excellent breakfast service with a great big smile, it just makes you feel better yourself. Aga went out of her way to make sure we had everything we needed wonderful, most enjoyable.

It's a little out the town but the free shuttle service was more than compensation for this. We arranged to be collected at a specific time on Saturday evening and the driver was on time, polite and friendly. No need to stay in the centre when you have service like this.

Checkout was carried out efficiently and our car was brought round right on time.

I'd have no hesitation in recommending the Rafayel.

Thanks for making our weekend-away-to-chill a perfect one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Keith K
Reviewed February 1, 2013

What can I say... It was all that I was looking for and more. Staff were amazing... Rooms spectacular... Food great... Would highly recommend!!! Best of all fantastic value for money... Like I said what more can I say... : )

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 31, 2013

A welcoming owner very pleasant attentive staff excellent food in hotel restaurant all helped to make a memorable visit to London. From the time we walked into the hotel we were made to feel very at home and every request was dealt with speedily by the staff. We would definitely book here again!
H&L. Goodwick

Room Tip: If you want a view of the river request when booking. Number 170 bus to Sloane Square stops outside...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have just completed my second stay at the Rafayel and it is a hotel that is hard to fault. The rooms are spacious and comfortable and power shower is up there with the best I have ever used anywhere in the world. The staff are pleasant and accommodating and very willing to please. The restaurant offers a good breakfast and a nice fusion dining menu of Anglo/Indian fair. The half price deal for guests taking two or more courses is an inspired touch and makes eating in a very reasonable choice.
The location is not ideal but the shuttle to Clapham works reasonably well. My only small complaint was that on meeting me at the station and not seeing me standing where I was asked to stand, the driver didn't make any attempt to get out of his car to look for me and refused to phone my overseas cell phone as he was obliged to use his personal phone. This resulted in an unnecessary 15 minutes standing around on a cold, dark evening. However, the 170 bus right outside will take you into Chelsea or Victoria in under 30 minutes and taxis pass on the main drag all the time.
Once you get used to the best ways of getting in and out of the hotel, all else is spectacularly good and I certainly plan to use it every time I am in London.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My best friend and I booked a night's stay at Hotel Rafayel on the Left Bank as we had pre-booked spa treatments in the hotel's spa. We were picked up from Clapham Junction and brought to the hotel in style! The reception has an exotic feel to it, and I immediately thought that this sets a great mood for a girly weekend/couples stay. The lights were pink, an oversized clock above reception desk, glass and modern art on show (along with a mini gallery). Our room was top notch, clean and comfortable, with all the gadgets you could need. The staff were very friendly and the service in the reception was welcoming, the bar staff attentive and the food from an extensive menu (including a 50% reduced food bill for staying customers) was fantastic quality. Before dinner, we decided to check out the spa (which conveniently was on the same floor as our room) and relax in the jacuzzi. The hydropool (not for the faint hearted!) and sauna were all compact and the facilites were very clean. At dinner, we were debating on which bottle of wine to choose, when the waitress offered for us both to try a selection to help us decide- which I thought was a nice touch. We were planning on going to Clapham Junction afterwards for drinks, but realised that the music in the bar was good and we could actually hold a conversation without blasting music, get to the bar without having to wait in a queue and the vibe was very chilled out. The bartender even let us choose some music to play, which was cool..the drinks were reasonable and the view! Well, who wouldn't love having a drink looking out onto the Thames?! Waking up (with a hazy head) and opening one door to the spa was very convenient! My friend and I were able to have our treatments at the same time, and the Coconut body wrap was divine! I felt so relaxed afterwards and the therapists were very friendly and professional. Checking out couldn't have been easier. It was straightforward, the staff seemed genuinely interested about our stay. I think its no surprise that I would definately reccommend Hotel Rafayel to anyone wanting great quality, style and affordability- all on the Thames!

Room Tip: The themed rooms were a great idea, and we opted for the Amazon room. This wasn't on the Thames...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the Rafayel for the first time from Friday 25 Jan 2013 until Sunday 27th. Throughout my stay I was only met with courtesy and assistance. The "courtesy" bus was so called as it was driven by Ali who was exemplary in his courtesy ,charm and assistance.

The Restaurant dinner on Friday night was excellent in quality and value and served by most obliging, happy staff as were all those looking after us at Breakfast. The view across the River was pleasant both by night and day.

The lead was taken from the owner,Mr Latif who was always present to see that his high ideals were being followed,not that I ever saw a short fall that he needed to correct.

The reception Staff were most obliging and swiftly ordered what was needed especially the other Ali with his Taxi.!!

I found the location surprisingly convenient, as a short half an hour walk along the Thames Path got me to Chelsea Bridge and Battersea Park where I attended the Decorative Arts Fair,then a short stroll and I was in Sloane Square.

The 170 bus stops outside the front door and the 19 from Knightsbridge stopped South of Battersea Bridge leaving a short walk to the Hotel or a chance to pop on the 170.

Mr Latif, I will be back because of your welcome and the quality of your staff and cuisine and I encourage others to explore the Left Bank

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family