“A five star hotel where you feel at home!”

Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa
Ranked #308 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Paris, France
“A five star hotel where you feel at home!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just spent a long weekend at the hotel. Initially had some doubts on the location but I realised how quickly you can be in Central London (10 min), whether on the East or West End. The hotel even offers a free shuttle to Clapham train and tube stations.
Rafayel has an alternative style to other five star chains and deserves full recognition for the value it provides. It has everything you expect from this range of hotels, and even include an art gallery and a beautiful rooftop terrace. Everything is clean and neat. The staff is courteous and accommodating which to me makes your experiences exceptional. You are considered as a real person and the respect you deserve, and really feel like they care about your experience in the hotel. You truly feel at home with the advantageous services of a hotel. My room was of a good size with a romantic view on the river, a huge bathroom (very convenient for the Miss) and a useful iPod stand liberating the sound from the ceiling. The spa has a large range of top treatments and massages. The gym has a complete set of materials. The pool and the jacuzzi are cutely designed. The restaurant has outstanding food with a bar that competes with the top cocktail makers of the city. You can even ask for a jug of Pimm's sent to the room!
This is definitely the best value for money deal you can make in London, considering the prices are cheap for this standard. Even the restaurant and the spa offer a 50% discount for hotel residents. I strongly recommend travellers to experience this wonderful hotel, although it means I may have some more difficulties to find availabilities! This is a perfect place whether on business or leisure and I will favour it for my next trips to London.

Room Tip: Rooms are well isolated from the outside noise and nicely designed so I believe you cannot go wrong...
2 Thank Rudine M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Polish first
brown83
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Stayed here for one night on 22.06.12 as a surprise for my birthday with my boyfriend. What can i say, absolutely beautiful. We had a room in the amazon suite, above the hotels restaurant, over looking the helicopter pad. Views were amazing. Bathroom large enough to swing a cat. The bed felt like you were sleeping on clouds, a real lovely expereince that i dint want to end.

I can absolutly say that the staff at the hotel really made my birthday very special. I had a birthday card in my room with a small box of chocolates, a real personal touch. The spa on the 3rd floor was amazing. I loved the decor, it gave it a real tranquil feel adding to the relaxation. I had a back massage with a full body scrub with steam and sauna. My skin felt so soft afterwards. Made even better with a bottle of champagne to drink following our treatments.

The food in the restaurant was to die for, and i will be returning to sample more dishes. I had the Mongolian Warrior Lamb. I recommend this to everyone.

All in all a wonderful stay, i would definately return.

1 Thank brown83
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Stylish, very well-equiped room (loved the integrated music!), free wifi and a stunning bathroom. Spent the first few minutes excitedly playing with everything (the smart-technology confused me to begin with but that's probably due to my infrequent hotel stays!). Ate in the restaurant (can recommend the Mongolian Lamb) and the food was as good as the view. Room service was also delicious. Very helpful driver for the shuttle service to Clapham Junction who also gave me detailed info on platform numbers and connecting trains. If I were being incredibly picky, my only comment would be the staff could maybe be a tinier bit cheerier. Excellent value and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Ophelia1374
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Friendly, welcoming staff. Disappointed in well below 5-star quality: shower tap came off & would not work hand-held or jets, hairdryer had broken plug (dangerous), heating too high and unlowerable unless calling staff (not an option with partner asleep at 4a.m.). Make-up mirror light did not work and mirror itself hanging limply from support arm, and other bathroom lighting so dim I could not see my face (prob a good thing with the result!). Smiley and helpful courtesy car driver who clearly could not have passed driving test in UK and violated at least two driving standards; was definitely a hazard to passengers and other road users.
All this during the 'soft opening' apparently, so hope cleaning staff will be trained to look at every item and report back to management. Overall a very poor experience in what was hailed as being five star. Shame.

Room Tip: Were given room over entrance; sums it up. Promotion should play down river views; they disappoint...
3 Thank Pixie P
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I came here earlier in the year and promised myself I'd come back as soon as possible. So with it being my boyfriends birthday I decided to book another Amazon room with a bath. I reserved online and I arrived to fantastic service at the reception. The staff are really happy and friendly. I got to my room which was massive, the bathroom was amazing. The shower was facing the bath(with the tv) and absolutely spacious. But sadly the TV in the bedroom wasn't working and I ended up calling reception to come and help.

A member of staff was with me within 2minutes literally! He tried as best he could and then got another member of staff with technical knowledge to come and help. Sadly he couldn't do anything so I was moved rooms within another 5mins. So I moved to room 107; which was the same room I was In on my first stay.
The staff left my boyfriend a card and a box of chocolates which was a lovely touch! We loved our room, the bath and showers are amazing! The bed is super comfy too. We had another issue with our TV and a guy was with us in no time and sorted it out.

Yes there were a few niggles, but these things happen wherever you go. What makes this hotel such great value and so fantastic is the staff. They are so efficient, friendly, warm and hardworking. Rafayel is definitely my favourite place to stay in London. I know peoole complain about the location but the complimentary shuttle service is so ideal. Our driver (Ali) was so friendly and remembers me from last time. He has so much pride in his job and expresses a true passion for Rafayel which is the best promotion any hotel could ask for.

Thank you so much for a fantastic stay, I can't wait until the next time I'm back. But let's just say that my boyfriend was over the moon and spoiled by his stay at Rafayel. He says it's the best hotel he's been to and while I've travelled a lot myself; I have to agree :)

Room Tip: Room 221 was a big amazon room with a bath and 107 was smaller but lovely!
2 Thank thelovemovement
Santa Cruz
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Hotel Rafayel is a modern hotel on the Thames. It is moderately priced in comparison to other nice hotels in London. I imagine this pricing reflects the hotel's location. It is on the Thames, however, it is not close to the tube or overground line. The hotel tries to compensate for this by offering a shuttle service to the under ground or overground lines but it was not clear how to use this service and to whom and when it was available. The other shortcoming of this location is that there is a dearth of good places to eat breakfast in the Battersea area. The hotel room we had was roomy, had a big state-of-the-art TV, and an amazing shower, with all kinds of jets. The bathroom, however, lacked good lighting. Other shortcomings we noticed were that the carpet had stains and there was a strong chemical odor in the lobby in the morning. We thought this may be coming from the salon?

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank caltocantraveler
Malcolm_Bass, Manager at Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your kind review.

As far as the location concern, our location is very well marked on our website and all other social networking sites.

We are located at Battersea and this is clearly stated. The nearest over ground station Clapham Junction is only 10-15 minutes walking distance or you are able to use a public transport (bus 170) that will pick you from outside of the Hotel and take you to the Clapham station or if traveling the opposite direction to Victoria station.
Also as you have mentioned we do provide complimentary shuttle service providing a service to the closest underground (Clapham Common) and over ground (Clapham Junction) stations, our reception staff is trained to explain how to use the shuttle to all of our customers at the point of check-in, however if the explanation is not provided we have notes all around reception counter explaining this.

The reviews in regards to our location is the only thing that we receive unnecessary for, as when booking a hotel customers make informed decision to stay at Battersea.

In regards to the carpet condition, we do have light grey carpets and in order to maintain it and remove stains like wine and other heavy stains we are forced to use chemicals that can cause odors, we do apologize if this has caused any inconvenience and hope that you will visit Rafayel on the Left Bank - Hotel & Spa soon again.

Kind Regards,
Sintija Goba
Kanpur, India
Reviewed June 12, 2012

we had an amazing stay at this hotel. Absolutely perfect hospitality........................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family