“Fantastic treatment and a range of thermal spas, but facilities are not first class” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Six Senses Spa at Pan Peninsula - CLOSED

Six Senses Spa at Pan Peninsula
London, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

What I really liked about the booking process for this spa was that you can do it online so you can easily see available dates rather than having to go through numerous options over the phone.

However, the downside is that you are not given any advice on when to arrive. When I arrived at the spa about 15 minutes before my appointment they told me that I should use the thermal steam rooms, sauna and pool BEFORE my treatment! I did not have enough time to do this so said I would do it after and was told that would wash off all of the essential oils! Irrelevant to me as I was going to shower anyway, but it would have been nice to have known this beforehand.

The therapist met me in the changing room for my Indian Head Massage. After a tour of the facilities I went into the treatment room. The massage was amazing. She sat down with me before hand to understand what I wanted to get out of it, and focused a lot on my back and shoulders, where I had aches, which was a pleasant surprise as I thought it would just be on my head and neck!

Afterwards I was taken to the relaxation room and served some wonderful ginger tea and dried fruit. After reading a magazine (not a great selection) I went into the thermal spa (included as part of the treatment price).

There was a warm sauna, hot Swedish sauna, a steam room, 2 experience showers and a whirl pool. These were brilliant, although a nice touch that I have seen in other spas is an ice fountain, which they did not have.

What let the spa down for me were the facilities and the clothing you are provided with:
- The robe had holes in it and no tie; I was told I could not get another one.
- The "slippers" were uncomfortable rubber flip flops
- Although the changing rooms were clean, there was a smell of sewage from the drains and there was no toilet paper, and I struggled to find someone to help replace it.

So overall I LOVED the treatment and would be tempted to go back for that, but considering the treatment prices I think there are far nicer spas in London (such as the Mayfair Spa).

Visited July 2012

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

My partner and I booked a ourselves into the six senses spa in London using a voucher from last min!! We had never done anything like this before. And all I can say is that it was truly relaxing :). Great customer service from the receptionist, the therapists and all staff we came into contact with. The facilities were nice, lovely plunge pool and steam room. The room where we had the massage was calm clean and playing lovely music. We had a light lunch provided in a chilled out room with loungers which was lovely. Great ginger tea too! We didn't feel rushed at all and I left feeling relaxed and refreshed. Would definatly recommend this spa!! We enjoyed it do much we are thinking of visiting one of their other spas in Thailand x