“You will walk away from your experience with a lot of respect for these guys”

iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience
Ranked #83 of 359 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London, home of great attractions including the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and The Tower of London now also boasts the first Flight Simulator in the capital. "What a great experience, highly recommended" comments THE OBSERVER. Available at Central London for tourists and Londoners alike to enjoy, iPILOT is a dream for budding pilots, allowing you to take control of a major passenger jet, with guidance from qualified pilot instructors, in a flight simulator similar to those used to train future pilots, starting at a hugely affordable GBP 49 for a flight Experience.The simulator gives you a choice to fly from and to 24000 different airports - allowing you to try to land into some of the trickiest airports and taking in panoramic views of some of the most beautiful cities in the world! Visitors to London might also want to recreate their own flight with themselves at the controls. As features by CNN, the Sunday Times, the Observer, The Telegraph
Harlow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“You will walk away from your experience with a lot of respect for these guys”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Until you are put in the seat to have a go yourself, you just don't realize how switched on you really have to be to become a commercial pilot, I knew it would be hard (my first time) but the guys are really friendly and help put you as ease straight away. They help every step of the way so you don't make a complete fool of your selves. The guys even gave me extra time as I was late arriving which which didn't really have to do, These are top guys and I have much more respect for pilots after seeing the amount of stuff one needs to learn to fly a commercial jet safely.
I Had a great day.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank martin s

• Polish first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Too many malfunctions on the simulator”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I have done simulators at Flight Experience Bangkok, Emirates Flight experience London and this one being the third - and the most disappointing. The autopilot and rudders did not work. There was no approach data available for any airport other than Heathrow and the simulator environment was not as realistic as what I experienced with Flight Experience in Bangkok. The simulator is kept in open with all sorts of noise and people coming in the background. The seats do not move on a track - you need to push them like a chair, there are no headphones, no realistic cockpit lighting etc. Not at all close to what I did in flight experience. They charge you a very high price for what they give you. For the type of simulator that they provide, its better that one goes to Emirates Flight Experience near O2. That too is a not a full functional simulator but at least is half the price so a better deal.

3 Thank OneWorld_UA
flyipilot, Manager at iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We are sorry for your bad experience. Please contact us on westfield@ipilot.me to resolve the situation. Thank you.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Awful”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I had a flight at ipilot just over a week ago. The instructor was great (forgotten her name) but that was the only part of the experience that was. The simulators are old and dusty, the majority of the dials don't work. I have some basic flying knowledge and one of the dials came off when I tried to change a frequency. The autopilot buttons did not work and the rudder pedals wouldn't work either. The chairs were really old and worn, looked about 10 years old. Everything was very dusty/dirty. The visuals in the simulator are shocking. It's just the Microsoft Flight Simulator program and clearly a very old version of it judging by the dated scenery! Also it was much too noisy in there. There is a children's playground right outside and the doors were wide open so all the noise carried into the store. I don't know why they don't just shut the doors! I heard another customer asking about this but i didn't hear why they wouldn't shut them. Not worth the money at all, would have requested a refund if it hadn't been a birthday present.

6 Thank LuluZippadoo
We are an open plan concept simulator experience. People can walk in and observe and fly an airliner simulator. Unfortunatelly due to fire regulations we are unable to close the doors. Thank you for bringing to our attention that the cockpit appeared dusty. We will address this issue immediatelly.
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 184 helpful votes
“Had a great flight”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

My Wife and I booked a half hour session each. We arrived at the shop to find it was quite open, but once we got started we forgot about our surroundings completely. Ross, a qualified pilot, took us both through the orientation together to save time, and then we were off. During our sessions we learned basic controls, did a take off, flew around for a while, and then 3 landings (which are far more fun). We could choose from thousands of airports. The teaching was good, and the graphics were good but a bit blocky. The teaching was good, and we both really enjoyed the experience and would recommend it. We had discounted vouchers for this, but the full price may put some people off.

Visited March 2014
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Let down by its surroundings”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great Christmas present. The simulator is a static Boeing 737 twin jet aircraft. It has the layout with yolk, consoles and other flight buttons. I note a lot of issues are raised with not being able to use all the buttons and the instructor doing a bulk of the work, which I found to be the case also but this was not an issue as flying is a highly complex procedure, you wouldn't expect because you can drive a car that you can fly a plane in 30 minutes, the instructor talked through what they were doing and did give me some prompts to extend what I was able to do. In the 30 minutes I got a brief orientation of the basic controls, information on take off/landing controls and was able to operate the controls to steer, alter speed, pitch, reverse thrust and some flap work. The image is a basic blocky graphic display on 3 large LCD screens with an impressive cockpit attached to it, felt rather dated, but the combination of the equipment made up for the visuals. The instructor was very good and offered advice on airports to land and information on flying. In the session I managed 2 take offs, 3 landings and about 5 minutes of free flight. Sadly the location of it is awful, right outside a children's play area and they keep the doors open so there was a constant noise of screaming children which detracted from the experience, although a gift I felt the price vs experience was a bit steep £55 per half hour, if it was that price for the full hour then would be much better value, finally the guest seats were offset to the sim and instead a rather cheap stack of chairs with a few cushions were on offer which made it look a bit shoddy. I would go back but would save up to do an hour to make it worthwhile and opt for the nightflight to avoid the children.

2 Thank ausbooth