“Thouroughly enjoyable experience”

iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience
Ranked #127 of 408 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London, home of great attractions including the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and The Tower of London now also boasts the first Flight Simulator in the capital. "What a great experience, highly recommended" comments THE OBSERVER. Available at Central London for tourists and Londoners alike to enjoy, iPILOT is a dream for budding pilots, allowing you to take control of a major passenger jet, with guidance from qualified pilot instructors, in a flight simulator similar to those used to train future pilots, starting at a hugely affordable GBP 49 for a flight Experience.The simulator gives you a choice to fly from and to 24000 different airports - allowing you to try to land into some of the trickiest airports and taking in panoramic views of some of the most beautiful cities in the world! Visitors to London might also want to recreate their own flight with themselves at the controls. As features by CNN, the Sunday Times, the Observer, The Telegraph
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a 30 minute flying experience and would recommend this experience to any aviation enthusiast or just anyone that would like to know a bit more about what goes on in the cockpit of a commercial airliner. As someone who enjoys playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on my home PC it was interesting to have the added realism of having the controls in front of me. The instructor was friendly and provided lots of interesting information, answering my questions, etc. I certainly learnt a few things that have made my home flying sessions more rewarding. The only slight downside was that the rudder pedals weren't working and there was a slight issue with the auto pilot knobs that made selecting a value slightly awkward. However these really were only very minor issues and over all I thoroughly enjoyed my half hour experience.

2  Thank chris h
in 8 reviews
"video"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We bought this experience for our 14 year old son who enjoys his PC flight simulator game. We were asked to arrive 10 minutes early, which we did. we then had to wait 20 minutes for our slot. We had booked 30 minutes, but I would say he had less than 20 minutes flying and it was so boring. No more of an experience than he has at home on his pc and joystick. You are really open to the shopping area so you don't feel like you are in a cockpit. Really disappointing and expensive.

9  Thank Helen W
Reviewed February 21, 2013

1 hour Boeing flight experience….

I would avoid this experience at all costs.
I was given this experience as a gift but unfortunately I was away in Australia at the time of purchase
It was something of a welcome home/Christmas present.

My mother booked it and it has to be said she is not massively au fait with small print, which meant she did not realise that it was not practical to recive the gift and book into a slot within the time frame allowed.

The employee I spoke to on the phone showed zero understanding or compassion in the matter and so I would encourage anyone considering this as a gift for someone else to look elsewhere to a business that has a bit more idea of customer service- at these prices, you should expect some flexibility; perhaps this is why British business is suffering so much these days... having been around a bit, i know that company in other countries would not worry about simply accepting that an elderly lady hadn’t taken notice of the T's & C's, and would have assisted me in booking an appointment

I said at the beginning of this review that i would avoid this experience-
I guess what I really mean is I would avoid this type of experience with THIS company at all costs.

9  Thank Paul E
flyipilot, Manager at iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Understandably we can only accommodate people who are in the country at the time of validity of the voucher.

Due to the explained circumstances, an extension was offered with at least three options for you to do the experience, but in addition to calling after the suggested booking period given by the seller, on this occasion we were unable to find an appropriate date and time that was both outside of your restrictive work and travel times and inside the terms and conditions of the voucher.

We always encourage all third party resellers to issue clear and concise terms and conditions and this is of the utmost importance to us.

If you have an issue with the clarity of a product, the grievance should be directed at the company from which you purchased.

It would be reasonable to expect that judgement of the experience is reserved for those who have undertaken it.

Piers Crichton
Branch manager

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Myself and my brother both did a 30 minute experience.
The instructor was speaking so quietly I couldn't hear a thing so whenever I did what I thought he said, or asked him to repeat what he said he looked at me as if I as stupid. EVEN WORSE with my brother! He has never flown any sort of simulator before and didn't understand any of the technical terms the instructor used, nor were they explained to him! He got a lot of things wrong and was concentrating on on instrument more than the other and instead of helping him and showing him in detail what to do, he kept shaking his head from side to side which I thought was rude, especially because it was behind my brothers back. TIME WAS CUT SHORT by 5 minutes, important considering the price paid. The instructor even has the cheek to stop the experience half way through to answer the phone cutting even more time off, I would say my brother only got 20 mins overall. Very expensive! Was not given the goodie bag/certificates as advertised or anything like other people were given. Plus the camera and printer were both broken so could not buy the DVD experience or even get a picture.
The programming of the simulator and set-up system was identical to the Microsoft flight simulator X. I would rather have stayed home and played it on my computer.
Seems like you are being ripped off for using the controls. Speaking of which we were only aloud to control the handles (to pull up and turn the plane) and the throttles only for take off. Seemed like the instructor was enjoying using all the controls more than we were!

If you have FSX on your PC, I recommend you play it at home, hardly any difference. I was upset with iPilot as I expected a lot more.

10  Thank jaj2636

The majority of our customers have had no previous flying experience. All of our fully qualified pilots have a large amount of experience dealing with customers that have little or no experience and have been selected to work at iPilot because they display the patience and ability to explain in detail all of the questions that can be asked by clients with hugely varied understanding and ability.

It seems quite possible that a miscommunication occurred and that if further direction was required it went unrecognised. For this I sincerely apologise and although it is of little consolation, I can assure you that this is not norm.

Use of phones is strictly prohibited when with a customer, this comment will be investigated and appropriate disciplinary action will be taken - Please let us know your full name and date and time of your flight.

If you didn't receive a 'goody bag' this is because the special promotion did not apply to your purchase. This is simply a limited availability half term promotion that you would have received if you wanted to purchase the in store item. I am more than happy to send you through a certificate if you email your postal address along with your full name and your flight route to westfield@ipilot.me.

We almost have a separate language in aviation with many abbreviations and some sophisticated wording. If there is ever a phrase used that a customer does not understand we encourage them to ask and we are always happy to issue a detailed explanation.

With regards to the graphics we endeavour to keep up with the latest technology. The comment I received from a Cathay Pacific captain just days ago was "that looks better than what we use". He was referring to the training simulators that they use every six months to maintain their licensing.

Kind regards,