“A must for those who scared of flying”

iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience
Ranked #83 of 359 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London, home of great attractions including the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and The Tower of London now also boasts the first Flight Simulator in the capital. "What a great experience, highly recommended" comments THE OBSERVER. Available at Central London for tourists and Londoners alike to enjoy, iPILOT is a dream for budding pilots, allowing you to take control of a major passenger jet, with guidance from qualified pilot instructors, in a flight simulator similar to those used to train future pilots, starting at a hugely affordable GBP 49 for a flight Experience.The simulator gives you a choice to fly from and to 24000 different airports - allowing you to try to land into some of the trickiest airports and taking in panoramic views of some of the most beautiful cities in the world! Visitors to London might also want to recreate their own flight with themselves at the controls. As features by CNN, the Sunday Times, the Observer, The Telegraph
London
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“A must for those who scared of flying”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked this experience because I am very scared of flying, every holiday trip has been a nightmare for me so far. The experience exceeded my expectations - I spent an hour with the pilot John who explained me how an aircraft works, what kind of safety systems are there, the traffic in the sky (for example, did you know that there is a speed restriction for planes flying at the low altitude?), flying in low visibility, diversions to different airports (yes, there is loads of contingency fuel:) and turbulences. I also had a chance to take off, fly and land the aircraft in the time left after my neverending aerophobic questions:) I must say John has put my mind at rest and I am confident that the next trip I will take will be stress free now that I know how everything works and where all these noises come from:)!

Highly recommended to all people who are scared to fly!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Alex_123654

• Polish first
london
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 229 helpful votes
“surprisingly tense”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

When you get there and just see a part cockpit and unconvincing arial map you don't hold out much hope of a good time. But it's surprisingly good once you get your hands on the controls and start taking off and landing. Think my palms even got sweaty !!

Visited November 2011
4 Thank david h
London
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Very addictive”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Like many others, I received this as a gift, and can genuinely say that it was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't want to leave and have bought another session.

This would be an ideal present for an adolescent boy - or even a grown-up one who's still adolescent inside.

I don't understand the negative reviews. A few minutes with Google will instantly reveal the difference between this and the simulators used by airlines, which are an order of magnitude more expensive. An intermediate step would be the Concorde sim at Brooklands, £149 for 15 minutes at the controls.

The instructor (Tony) was very personable and gave me just the amount of support I needed.

One tip: Ask for circuits at an easy airport if your time is limited. You will save time on briefings and navigation, and can concentrate on flying.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank W4Peter
Sudarg
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“The most fun you can have with your clothes on!”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

A Christmas gift from wife who had run out of inspiration led me to that Temple to Retail Excess, Westfield at White City. Accompanied by two retainers, one of whom is an experienced professional pilot, I was welcomed by Richard and was immediately put at ease. After completing the formalities I was asked about any previous experience. I revealed all and was told that this and my apparent desire, in my younger days, to jump out of perfectly serviceable aircraft with a parachute, should not be a hinderence.
I was conducted to the rear simulator and told toile myself comfortable in the left hand seat.
Asked what I wanted to do, I asked for a take off from Auckland, a landing. And departure from Los Angeles and finally, a landing at Heathrow.
Apart from a sticky moment on approach into LAX when my left thumb engaged the elevator trim control and we pitched up at about 30 deg, about 27 more than we needed to be at, a situation from which I hastily recovered with help from Richard, my instructor, we safely alighted on terra firma each time.
There was enough time remaining to try a landing at Biggin Hill in conditions of minimum visibility and although I had minimum experience in instrument flying, with help this was accomplished in comparative safety.
Summarising, this was a great hour. I came out needing a shower to wash away the sweat and I now know what colour adrenalin is!!!
Do try it - a really great experience and totally authentic, as the Americans would say!

9 Thank Sudarg
London, United Kingdom
97 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 263 helpful votes
“Great gift idea and good experience”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I bought a lesson for my partner for his birthday and he had a great time. The equipment is just like that of the training equipment for real pilots and the trainer was also very good. Great experience.

Visited April 2011