“Very addictive”

iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience
Ranked #127 of 408 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London, home of great attractions including the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and The Tower of London now also boasts the first Flight Simulator in the capital. "What a great experience, highly recommended" comments THE OBSERVER. Available at Central London for tourists and Londoners alike to enjoy, iPILOT is a dream for budding pilots, allowing you to take control of a major passenger jet, with guidance from qualified pilot instructors, in a flight simulator similar to those used to train future pilots, starting at a hugely affordable GBP 49 for a flight Experience.The simulator gives you a choice to fly from and to 24000 different airports - allowing you to try to land into some of the trickiest airports and taking in panoramic views of some of the most beautiful cities in the world! Visitors to London might also want to recreate their own flight with themselves at the controls. As features by CNN, the Sunday Times, the Observer, The Telegraph
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Like many others, I received this as a gift, and can genuinely say that it was thoroughly enjoyable. I didn't want to leave and have bought another session.

This would be an ideal present for an adolescent boy - or even a grown-up one who's still adolescent inside.

I don't understand the negative reviews. A few minutes with Google will instantly reveal the difference between this and the simulators used by airlines, which are an order of magnitude more expensive. An intermediate step would be the Concorde sim at Brooklands, £149 for 15 minutes at the controls.

The instructor (Tony) was very personable and gave me just the amount of support I needed.

One tip: Ask for circuits at an easy airport if your time is limited. You will save time on briefings and navigation, and can concentrate on flying.

2  Thank W4Peter
in 8 reviews
"video"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed March 10, 2012

A Christmas gift from wife who had run out of inspiration led me to that Temple to Retail Excess, Westfield at White City. Accompanied by two retainers, one of whom is an experienced professional pilot, I was welcomed by Richard and was immediately put at ease. After completing the formalities I was asked about any previous experience. I revealed all and was told that this and my apparent desire, in my younger days, to jump out of perfectly serviceable aircraft with a parachute, should not be a hinderence.
I was conducted to the rear simulator and told toile myself comfortable in the left hand seat.
Asked what I wanted to do, I asked for a take off from Auckland, a landing. And departure from Los Angeles and finally, a landing at Heathrow.
Apart from a sticky moment on approach into LAX when my left thumb engaged the elevator trim control and we pitched up at about 30 deg, about 27 more than we needed to be at, a situation from which I hastily recovered with help from Richard, my instructor, we safely alighted on terra firma each time.
There was enough time remaining to try a landing at Biggin Hill in conditions of minimum visibility and although I had minimum experience in instrument flying, with help this was accomplished in comparative safety.
Summarising, this was a great hour. I came out needing a shower to wash away the sweat and I now know what colour adrenalin is!!!
Do try it - a really great experience and totally authentic, as the Americans would say!

9  Thank Sudarg
Reviewed March 10, 2012

I bought a lesson for my partner for his birthday and he had a great time. The equipment is just like that of the training equipment for real pilots and the trainer was also very good. Great experience.

5  Thank Holiday_Junkie222
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Probably the dullest experience I've ever had. I bought this deal online. I paid £75 for one hour - supposedly the full price was £159. I felt ripped off at £75. I was a bit surprised that the graphics were so blocky too. I had also assumed that at that price the simulator would be up on hydraulics - like I remembered from Krypton Factor back in the day! But no. Although the graphics haven't moved on since the late 80s.
This is the first time I've ever reviewed anything online. I normally think "Who are these whingers? No pleasing some people." but this was so bad... Do yourself a favour, unless you are some kind of aeroplane uber-geek, then spend the money on go-karting, or a real flying lesson or paragliding or anything.

14  Thank James S
Muppi, Owner at iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

We are very sorry to learn that you have not fully enjoyed your Experience. We are operating in 7 Locations and generally get raving reviews. It appars you had expectations we can not fulfil as hydraulic simulators usually cost well over 500 GBP and even we at iPILOT can not provide this for a fraction of the cost. However we will gladly refund your voucher as customer satisfaction is our main goal at iPILOT and we clearly could not fulfil you expectations!
Please contact our Manager at iPILOT Westfield for a full refund!