“Dull - put your money towards a real flying lesson”

iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience
Ranked #101 of 396 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: London, home of great attractions including the London Eye, Madame Tussauds and The Tower of London now also boasts the first Flight Simulator in the capital. "What a great experience, highly recommended" comments THE OBSERVER. Available at Central London for tourists and Londoners alike to enjoy, iPILOT is a dream for budding pilots, allowing you to take control of a major passenger jet, with guidance from qualified pilot instructors, in a flight simulator similar to those used to train future pilots, starting at a hugely affordable GBP 49 for a flight Experience.The simulator gives you a choice to fly from and to 24000 different airports - allowing you to try to land into some of the trickiest airports and taking in panoramic views of some of the most beautiful cities in the world! Visitors to London might also want to recreate their own flight with themselves at the controls. As features by CNN, the Sunday Times, the Observer, The Telegraph
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Probably the dullest experience I've ever had. I bought this deal online. I paid £75 for one hour - supposedly the full price was £159. I felt ripped off at £75. I was a bit surprised that the graphics were so blocky too. I had also assumed that at that price the simulator would be up on hydraulics - like I remembered from Krypton Factor back in the day! But no. Although the graphics haven't moved on since the late 80s.
This is the first time I've ever reviewed anything online. I normally think "Who are these whingers? No pleasing some people." but this was so bad... Do yourself a favour, unless you are some kind of aeroplane uber-geek, then spend the money on go-karting, or a real flying lesson or paragliding or anything.

14  Thank James S
Muppi, Owner at iPILOT Flight Simulator Experience, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

We are very sorry to learn that you have not fully enjoyed your Experience. We are operating in 7 Locations and generally get raving reviews. It appars you had expectations we can not fulfil as hydraulic simulators usually cost well over 500 GBP and even we at iPILOT can not provide this for a fraction of the cost. However we will gladly refund your voucher as customer satisfaction is our main goal at iPILOT and we clearly could not fulfil you expectations!
Please contact our Manager at iPILOT Westfield for a full refund!

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"concentration"
"engine"

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Booked as a birthday present for me. Turned up a little early and was suprised that you can watch people flying (I thought it would be a closed simulator) But still fantastic. The pilot was also good even if i was rubbish. Afterwards you get a certificate and also you can buy a pic or have a video film you throughout.

2  Thank Gavp1990
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I am a retired Boeing 747 pilot with 25,000 hours professional long-haul flying experience. I have not flown this particular simulator but, while shopping, I noticed it and came in to watch out of curiosity. The female instructor was teaching a customer and looked as thought she was doing a very good job of showing him the basics. She was very smart in a proper uniform and it was clear that the customer was enjoying the flying. This looks like a good and convenient way for anyone to have a go. Very often, young pilots will instruct on simulators or real aircraft in order to get their hours up before joining an airline. There is nothing wrong with this and it often means you get someone who still remembers what it was like to be new and dazzled by all the controls. This simulator does not move but the general feeling was good and the visual was good, too. You can watch from the back so I suggest that you go and have a look before you buy. If you want more, you can go to Brooklands race track, Surrey, and fly the British Airways Concorde simulator. One of my retired colleagues instructs on this and it is great fun. Flying these machines is not as easy as most people think because they have often played with home computer simulations and the real thing is completely different if done properly, but these sims give you a good taste at a reasonable cost. Just don't think you can take over a real aircraft without a lot more training!

9  Thank Michael J
Reviewed December 11, 2011

As an 'on the spot' Anniversary present from my wife it was decided the half hour for £100 would certainly give the thrill of flying an aircraft. Well, what a disappointment! I was quickly guided by the instructor cramming what the different switches do and this took up 10 min. Apart from how to hold the wheel and push the throttle, nothing else made sense or was used. Basically the whole flying experience was just pushing up or down the wheel to 15 deg or 5 deg in order to avoid the aircraft from crashing. I could see that the instructor was more in control - even the simulator stopped working three times and had to be re-booted - wouldn't expect that on a real aircraft would you. I didn't have a chance of taking in the views of the outside as I was told to concentrate on the altitude meter. On 'taking off' the throttle was pushed down and 'on landing' pulled up and brought to an instant halt once landed. This is a static simulator, there are no aircraft movement experiences. On reading the positive reviews I think they would have a a longer than half an experience. You would get more of a thrill if one went to a theme park and had a go at one of the kids rides - that's how rubbish this is! A VERY EXPENSIVE & TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY EXPERIENCE!! I have given this a one rating as otherwise cannot give feedback. Please don't waste your money!!!

18  Thank KULDIPGILL

Dear Sir,
we are very sorry to learn that you did not enjoy your Experience! Whilst the vast majority of our Customers give us an "Excellent" rating, we clearly did not fulfil your Expectations.
We will gladly refund your Gift Voucher. Please contact the Manager at London Westfield for a Refund. Thank you for sharing your frustration which helps us to get better and get it right more often!