“Wish we hadn't gone. Most of the machines didn't work and management refused refunds.”
Review of Namco Funscape

Namco Funscape
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Took my 6-year old daughter here after she watched wreck-it-ralph for an arcade experience of her own, I wish I hadn't, this is the worst run arcard I've been to in years, if not ever.

We started with the grab-a-toy machines. They've been packed in so tight you'd struggle to get anything out of em with your hands.

Oh well. Next my daughter want's to play the coin-sliding machines. Normally these are 2p and 10p, but given the location these are just 10p and badly packed, so you're never going to win - we didn't even bother.

Next up, we went to look for games. The games selection was extremely poor, badly laid out, and many just take your money. Management refuse to refund anything, the shooting games are so badly calibrated you can't aim........

I grew up in arcades and never went anywhere as bad as this.

Lastly we tried the bowling, how could you go wrong?
Easily. Cheap, short lanes that weren't even level or polished, nasty strings attached to the top of the skittles to pull them back up, crappy TVs behind wire mesh that interferes with the display so you can't even see what's going on...

I hope you get the point. If your children are young enough for you to take them here, don't bother.

1  Thank Nathanael K

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Nothing spectacular, but they have Dodgems. Dodgems in London?!

Good if you want to play games and escape the cold outside, but it's extremely expensive for everything. But, as it's an arcade, what do you expect?!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Given its great location and Namco in the name i had great expections for this place as my two boys are gaming mad, we barely spent a half hour ive seen better games arcades in tiny seaside towns i cant believe Namco have endorsed this place.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Was looking for a decent place to play pool, so my borther and I headed to Namco. We had even resigned ourselves to 'dinner' there, but was absolutely deflated by the whole experience and left early. Stained tables, cues behind the bar (can't even choose your own), £20 deposit - fine, but don't accept cards? Cash machine at £2 charge? No Guiness - Murphy's Stout? Nice, but haven't seen it in years!).

The staff were indiferent to say the least.

The arcade games are beyond ironic with their retro-ness (why not have x-box or ps3 'lounges'?). The whole place is shabby and outdated,

The food was dire, and the only saving grace was the amount ont he plate. It tasted like Namco had gone to Iceland.

There's plenty of other family activities there, but I would seriously consider other days out.

Namco is like an expensive, once glamorous escort, fallen on hard times. Sad, pathetic, and trading on former glories.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Really fun afternoon with grown up family, but lots of breakdowns, particularly with the rickety bowling, however remunerations were always given with no problem. The laser maze is really fun although over very quickly. Don't expect to get anything more than plastic rubbish or sweets with the many tokens you will collect and expect your pot of change to disappear very quickly. Pool is expensive and equipment old. Despite all this I really enjoyed our afternoon there.