“Must do”

Hairy Goat Photography Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Hairy Goat is a London photography walking tour company providing tours such as the non-instructional London Photography Mystery Tour, the instructional London Photography Tour, photography workshops and personal photography tuition. Each tour contains an element of the Mystery Tour as we go to unplanned locations. We discover the often un-noticed and unexpected treasures of London and the tours are aimed at people who like to take photographs and those who like to explore a city, while learning something about it. Group sizes are small, the tours are very interactive and lots of fun. For more details of Hairy Goat photography tours, plus photography workshops and personal tuition, please go to the website.
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked at the last minute after reading previous reviews. Had a fantastic time wandering the quiet streets of the city of London with my guide on Sunday. Just me on the tour so lots of personal attention and took some fabulous shots. Lots of photo hints provided which l sorely needed. Thanks again as wandering the backstreets brought back memories from eons ago. Highly recommend this tour as a 'must do' in London.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Just spent 3 hours with Steven on a photographic tour in the city of London. He was so knowledgeable about the area and photography. We saw lots and were given plenty of time to take photos. Steven made excellent suggestions for pictures and good technical advice. A great day out.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The photography tour with Robert was awesome. We did not realize the architecture of London is so rich and varied and there's so much fascinating history behind it! Robert shared with us his broad historical knowledge and he enlivened it with funny anecdotes. He showed us the best places to take photographs and gave valuable advice on how to shoot good pictures. We had a great day and it was worth it :)

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a terrific tour for photographers of all abilities, or for anyone with a camera. The start was in front of the Royal Exchange building where we were given a brief history of London by our guide and then off we went. I have walked through the city on many occasions but know little of its history or the various buildings so having someone giving photographic advice and describing what we were seing was very good.

We were taken into a number of delightful and historic churches where we could take pictures, if you use film you will need a fast lens and fast film. The area has many banks but somehow these were avoided, they probably don't care for photographers shooting inside! It was not all churches though, we were shown many interesting things but as it is a mystery tour you will need to go on one yourself to find out. The tour lasts three hours which shot by, I managed to take nearly 200 pictures and I am very happy with them.

If you like taking pictures and enjoy history then this tour is a must, thoroughly recommended.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I've had my dslr since last October, and decided it was high time to take it off 'auto no flash'. Based on friends' recommendations, I booked the London Photography tour and hoped for decent weather... Only to have all expectations blown out of the water. The small class size (2 of us) meant that Corinna could answer every question, fix every problem and address every blank look (and I had lots of everything).
After an hour of basics, we set out to put things into practice. 3 hours later, I have shots I'm really proud of. Do I need more practice? Of course. But I now have more control over the final outcome and am far less daunted to experiment.
And no, it wasn't all dry theory and exercises. Corinna is very friendly and full of trivia about London, and she has an eye for spotting potentially knock-out shots.

Been to Hairy Goat Photography Tours? Share your experiences!