“The best hidden gem in London.”
other traveler has booked this property
The most comfortable bed in London....
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
The most comfortable bed in London....
Don't  take our word for it -
see what our lovely guests say.....
Our small but beatifully formed kitchen with everything you need + complimentary coffee.
Our stairway to the stars! Enjoy a glass of wine and some cheese from Neal's Yard cheese shop....
Cool yet Quiet!
Wonderful shower which is newly renovated and now has a door!
Stairway to Heaven
We are excited to have been hand picked by the PLUM GUIDE
Covent Garden Hotel. Check out their private cinema/dinner deal.....it's great!
Peace!
Paintings by Mattie.
Hotel Chocolat - what can I say?
If you like smoked meat - theirs is the best!
Nordic Bakery
Seeing is believing.  So many great shops to check out in the area...
Delicious Tapas!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Mr_Tom_Fo...
Scotland, United Kingdom
“The best hidden gem in London.”
Reviewed July 28, 2016 for a stay in June 2016

Fantastic location, easily accessible from the underground station and most of all the amazing terrace which is perfect on a summers day.

Liked best: Rooftop Terrace and Location
Jul 29, 2016
great to get more positive reviews and always looking forward to welcoming more great guests.
See you soon,
Mattie
Carol A
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed June 1, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

While planning our first trip to London, my husband and I decided we wanted a clean, contemporary apartment in central London with easy access to theatre, museums and shopping. We hit the jackpot when we found Mattie’s Covent Garden flat! It’s on the lovely Neal Street, a very quiet pedestrian street with great shops, restaurants and pubs. We felt supremely safe and secure at the top of the apartment building, with the added bonus of her fantastic private rooftop terrace! Mattie is an artist with excellent sensibilities in her flat’s decor. It is small but doesn’t feel so with the clever lay-out and abundance of natural lighting. In addition, Mattie is the most attentive landlord you could imagine. Before our arrival, she responded immediately to every query. When we arrived, we were greeted with flowers, a nice bottle of wine and were oriented by the charming Anthea, who was very helpful during our stay. At the conclusion of our memorable week, Mattie went above and beyond to help us. I had purchased some boots at a neighborhood store, and as I was packing them late the night before we left, I noticed that the store’s clerk had put the wrong size boot in the right size box. I didn’t know what to do, because we were leaving before the store opened the next morning. I emailed Mattie with my dilemma, and she responded, telling me to leave the boots, and she would exchange them for the correct size and mail them to me. Now I ask you, “Who would do that for a stranger?” Well Mattie would and did, and I am forever grateful. I only wish I could award her more than five stars! We definitely will return.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Liked everything, even the third floor walk up...good exercise!
Your age range 65+
Jun 7, 2016
It was my absolute pleasure to help my guest with what turned out to be a very frustrating error by the sales man in the shoe shop. Glad we could help out......... I feel so fortunate to own this apartment and to be able to share it with lovely visitors. So, although I don't always meet guests personally, I do get to know them from the email exchanges alone which gives me the feeling of welcoming friends not strangers. After all guests are staying in what is my home and so trust is both ways. It comes naturally to treat people as I would wish to be treated myself. Just hope those boots arrive quickly and the US customs don't charge tax on top of the postage charge! I am grateful for the five stars and such a happy customer is icing on the cake! Mattie
joy093
ottawa
“Cozy flat in an excellent location”
Reviewed February 24, 2016 for a stay in February 2016

We found this flat to be everything we needed for a week's stay in London. It is close to a tube stop for easy access to Heathrow and all of London. It is situated on a busy shopping street but is very quiet in the evenings once the shops close. The kitchen is well equipped and the heating system is efficient. There are excellent restaurant in the area and a M & S food hall close by. We would recommend this flat to any couple except those with mobility problems, as there are stairs up. The owner is very accommodating and it was a pleasure to work with her.

Feb 25, 2016
Great to see another lovely review......... Looking forward to having many more lovely guests to stay very soon.........
Mattie
Mary N
Larnaca, Cyprus
“Enjoyable vacation”
Reviewed December 28, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

This was the 3rd time we chose Covent Garden for our London vacation week and as always we chose a rental flat rather than a hotel room. Wise choice as the level of comfort is not comparable. Though the flat is compact, it is well appointed and has all necessary amenities - each time we returned from outside we felt welcomed to its cosy atmosphere. The location is excellent providing one with a base within walking distance to museums, shops, galleries, restaurants, cafes and theatres. As the flat is located near a very busy road (but far away enough to be noise free) it was very easy to get a taxi but it also felt safe to walk even very late in the evening.
The owner was kind enough to provide assistance with our luggage on arrival and departure
since there is no lift, which was greatly appreciated
All in all, it was value for money and as such I would recommend it unreservedly

Dec 29, 2015
I am delighted to know when guests enjoy their stay at my lovely apartment. I do my very best to make sure everyone is happy and all is well. Just a little surprised at the four stars as I do think we deserve five but hey ho they were very nice nonetheless. Hope to see more lovely guests in 2016. Mattie
gloftus
Seattle, Washington
“Lovely flat in a perfect location”
Reviewed December 28, 2015 for a stay in December 2015

The flat itself was exactly what we’d hoped for. Although smallish, it was very nicely laid out. Of most importance is that the bedroom was in the rear and was perfectly quiet. The bed was very comfortable and, despite a touch of jet lag, we slept very well every night. The living room overlooks Neal St., and peering out of the living-room windows provides a constant kaleidoscopic view of the hustle and bustle that is Covent Garden. Although we were there in December it was apparent that the rooftop deck would be a delight in warm weather. There’s a couch in the living room that can be used for sleeping if necessary. There are plenty of electrical outlets. Internet access was exceptionally reliable and fast — among the best we've encountered while traveling.

As almost universally noted in the guest book, what really makes this flat so wonderful is its location. It is, of course, on the border of Seven Dials which is in the heart of Covent Garden. It’s easy walking distance to myriad places that you'd want to visit in London. Covent Garden Market, along with Leicester, Soho, and Trafalgar Squares are within blocks. The Thames (Waterloo or Jubilee Bridge) along with the Houses of Parliament, the British Museum, and numerous small museums (e.g., the Sir John Soane Museum) are within a mile. Within one to three very-enjoyable-to-walk miles are Regents, Primrose, and Hyde Parks, the Tower, London, Southward, Hungerford, Millennium, Blackfriars, Westminster, Lambeth, and Vauxhall Bridges, along with Buckingham Palace and countless other of London’s most popular sites. If you don't enjoy walking quite as much as we do, there are countless bus lines, plus three Tube stops (Covent Garden, Leicester Square, and Tottenham Court Road) within easy walking distance.

And finally, Mattie was very responsive to all our questions. When we arrived, her friend Mervyn was awaiting us, friendly ready and happy to provide all necessary information.

All in all we were exceptionally happy with the flat and can recommend it enthusiastically.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Lack of frying pan (pretty minor issue)
Friends getaway Older travelers
Dec 29, 2015
Wonderful to know our guests love my flat. We do our very best to welcome everyone so looking forward to seeing more lovely travellers in 2016. Happy New Year. Mattie
Anna J
London, United Kingdom
“Wow absolutely amazing apartment”
Reviewed October 15, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

Can't say enough good things about this place. We had an awesome time staying there. Really comfy and everything we needed was on hand. The owner is fab and made all very easy. Best bit was sitting on the roof terrace with a glass of wine once our 3 year old was in bed! She slept really well on the sofa bed. Basically LOVED it and really hope we can book and go another time soon.

Liked best: roof terrace
CHEERS50
KENT
“Great Stay”
Reviewed October 10, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

We booked this apartment for a week to celebrate my Husbands birthday we could not have picked a better place to stay. In was 5 mins away from most things, very clean and comfortable. You will not go wrong if you book this. Friends have asked me for the details so they can book

Liked best: the location
Liked least: the stairs upto the flat you would have to be fit
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing