“very nice pub next to victoria station”
Review of Duke of York Pub - CLOSED

Duke of York Pub
Neighborhood: Westminster
Neighborhood: Westminster
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I went with some friends to this pub before taking a train from Victoria station. We didn't expect such a nice meal next to the main train station in London for a reasonable price.

I had the steak and ale pie, it was one of the best meat pies I have tried. My friends ordered a burger, which was good too.

I consider eating there again if I am near Victoria train station.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stopped here for a drink just before going to the Victoria Palace Theatre. Given it was during the olympics so the pub was busy with drinkers. However, the customer service was terrible, 4 staff behind the bar all of which could speak hardly any/if any english and myself and other customers had to point to which drink we wanted. The drink i had was disgustingly warm and cloudy as if the barrel hadn't been tapped correctly and the cooling system wasn't on. I work in a pub myself so excuses like it's a hot day or it's near the end of the barrel don't wash with me.
And if this wasn't bad enough did i mention the prices? A standard pint of horrible beer and small (and i mean small!) glass of rose' wine cost me £10.75 i had to take a double take when she showed me the price on the till (again couldn't understand when she told me the price).

Fair to say this duke of york will not have 10,000 men any time soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

This pub had quite a large menu with lots of kid-friendly choices. Our kids ordered nachos which had a nice spice to them and were very enjoyable. Good-size portions.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We ended up eating here on our first night in London because it was close to our hotel. The pub has lots of "curb appeal", looks great from the outside. We ate in the dining room upstairs, because we were traveling with a teenager and were told we couldn't be served in the actual pub with a minor. The dining room was fine and the staff very friendly. Service was fine, and they were kind enough to seat us within a half hour of closing time. However, the food was disappointing to us. We ordered fish and chips and roast. All of the food was mushy and so bland, and some of it arrived luke warm, especially the vegetables. I think the food may have been cooked elsewhere or earlier and simply reheated? Sadly, I can't recommend eating here.

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

the staff dont care. the bathrooms are disgusting and the pub is a mess. obviously the owners dont care either. there are plenty of good places around so steer clear of this one.

in the end i didnt eat here but i wouldnt hold out high hopes for the food either.