“Worst tea I have ever had in the UK”
Review of Chip+Fish

Chip+Fish
Ranked #18,260 of 25,298 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Neighborhood: Hammersmith / Fulham
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I have been to this restaurant with children. The food was ok though rather greasy. But the tea was a disgrace! The hot water was provided separately so of course was nowhere near boiling. And the milk was hot! You do expect proper tea in a London chippie even if it is in a huge shopping centre. The staff however did not seem to understand the problem, sadly.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

The chips were hard. You don't expect to go to a restaurant where the first word in the name is 'chip' and it be as bad as that was, they weren't even chip shop chips! I also got bread and butter which would have been fine but they gave me butter which was not spreadable so I ruined my bread. As well as this the water I asked for was warm, the system for collecting food was not explained and the staff were clearly bored so they just stood around talking which made them distracted for when they actually had customers. I wouldn't eat here again if you paid me.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Had always wanted to give chip and fish ago, should have realised something was up from the fact it was fish and chips I wanted not chip and fish, first of all the price £8 for fish and chips, I will let it pass thinking this place looks good and I had wanted to try it, so got my meal, the chips are ok but you don't get many but it's the fish that's the problem, rubbish, terrible it falls apart as soon as you touch it, you can't even get your fork in it, it's soggy, tasteless a large disappointment, the batter on the fish the same soggy tasteless falls apart.
Overall not going back overpriced for what it is, food is poor quality.

Service was average as all they do is take your order at the till and give you a buzzer for collection nothing more.

If you want fish and chips go to a good local on you way home for half the price and fish and chips how it's meant to be.
Or for a restaurant fish and chips, poppies near spitifields market.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I visit westfield fairly often so I have been to chip and fish fair few times.
the chips are tasty, the fish is coli not cod and given that its a third of the price of cod in retail i cant understand why it costs about £10 for a portion which is half the size one may expect.
that being said its ok tasting and service is counter based and fairly quick. i dont plan to return any time soon since my local chippy serves cod and its half the price

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I ordered their specials for the day for lunch and was disappointed. The fish was poor quality and had bones in it. it was also tasteless. Chips were also disappointing, like it has been fried ages ago. I'm a regular at Westfield, and always in search of a lunch place to go. This is definitely NOT it!

3  Thank Zetster