“Smallest room I've ever seen!”

Seraphine London Kensington Gardens
Ranked #697 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hi

I recently stayed at the above hotel (Saturday 30 November) and I have to say, I was not impressed! I booked a room for myself and was stuck in the smallest room I have ever been in. There was just about enough room between the bathroom door and the wall when the bathroom door was open. Not enough for me to be able to leave the bathroom door open and walk freely past it! It certainly wasn't worth the £98.10 I paid for the room. Just because the hotel was in Kensington, doesn't mean that ridiculous prices should be charged.

You can bet I will never be staying in a Best Western again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Seraphine London Kensington Gardens

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Great location for a trip to the Albert hall and perfect for walking through the gardens. Lots of places to eat nearby. Room was small but comfortable and quiet with all you'd expect from a best western. Breakfast fairly average.

• Stayed: November 2013
seraphinegm, General Manager at Seraphine London Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +44 (0) 208 6000 555.

Arun Sharma
Area General Manager
BEST WESTERN Seraphine Hotel

Reviewed December 1, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank pollyccNewcastle
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed here for four nights and first up I have to say the location couldn't have been more convenient, the bit of breakfast each morning was quite nice, the place was clean and we had no issues with noise. That being said, there were three massive down sides to the place. First, if you have a large load of luggage as we did, the 20 or so stairs that went up a very narrow staircase were nearly impossible to manage and trying to turn the narrow hallway corners with a wheeled suitcase became a feat of logic and determination. Second, the staff seemed mildly disinterested in life in general and certainly to us as customers. Third, and most significantly the room was so shockingly small that there was literally no more than a foot on all three exposed sides of the bed to walk around. Had there been room under the bed to slide our luggage or a storage place where the luggage could have been kept it would have been better but as it was, one of us would have to climb on the bed to allow the other to pass by or to move around one of the suitcases that had no place to put them other than right in the center of the limited floor space. I read reviews on Trip Advisor to expect small rooms but no one mentioned small as to the point of absurd. One afternoon we had an especially large lunch and couldn't help but wonder if returning to our hotel room we would no longer be able to squeeze into it. All we could do was laugh at the situation...along with noting that we wouldn't be staying there again at any time in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hotel with great location on Kensington High Street, tube station is 2 minutes walk from a hotel. My stay was reasonably priced, staff was very friendly and hepfull, the breakfast was good. Yes, the room was little but nice, fresh and clean. Exactly what I need. Will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
seraphinegm, Manager at Seraphine London Kensington Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are pleased that you have enjoyed staying with us and we are looking forward to serve you again in future.

Thank you.
Management

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Overnight stay to see the Charlatans in Earls Court. Staff very friendly, courteous and polite. Room surprisingly well equipped, roomy and very nice. Bed comfortable, plenty of toiletries inc toothbrush & shaving kit (always a bonus!) and tea and coffee facilities. Breakfast buffet was included in the hotel foyer and was delightful. Eat until you burst with a wide range of choices (no full English).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SheepinWolfClothing
Reviewed October 13, 2013

While this hotel is undoubtedly well located and fairly reasonably priced, I am not sure I would return due to a few issues experienced during my stay. Firstly the room, while clean, was minute in size, like a large cupboard. Secondly, I asked for a wake up call the next morning from the disinterested man at reception upon check in but it never arrived - luckily I woke up 15 minutes after the call should have arrived otherwise I would have missed my appointment. Thirdly, I asked for directions upon check out and was sent totally the wrong way! None of these things are major but overall, for the price I paid, I really expected better.

Room Tip: Are there good rooms?
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business