“great value for money!”

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #349 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for one night. It was only just over a 5 minute from the station. We got there and they didnt have us down to stop but after a couple of minutes waiting they sorted it out straight away. The docor of the hotel was very modern and so was the room. It was the nicest hotel my boyfriend and myself have stayed in so far. We stopped in the western room. The bed was nice and big and comfy, I think it was a king size. The tv was in the wall which was quite big with plenty of channels on it. The bathroom was a good size. You have the choice of having the shower come out of the shower head or from the celing. Considering the room was originally £309 and we got it for £66, it was great value for money. Also breakfast was included in the price but unfortunately we overslept and didn't end up having it. If you want to stop in a luxuary hotel then this is the place!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for staying with us at Park Grand London Paddington. We are glad that overall you had a wonderful time during your stay with us and we are looking forward to your next visit to London and staying with us soon.

There are newer reviews for Park Grand London Paddington

Reviewed January 1, 2011

I booked a nights stay on New Years Eve to celebrate my girlfriends birthday, when booking this room I was offered a 'Cleveland Club' room for a fair premium, because it offered complimentary beverages and a private club bar. This was not the case, the so called 'club bar' was a box room that had to be unlocked by the porter, with 4 or 5 chairs, an lcd tv and laptop; not even a glass of water in sight, let alone alcohol! The club room was of a small size, even for london standards and the air con unit was noisy when it eventually started to function. The club room packages supposedly offered complimentary drinks however the manager told me this was untrue until I showed him the hotel website on my blackberry, to which he replied informing me soft drinks were free, then 10 minutes later presented me with a bill for 2 warm bottles of water! On the plus side, the porter was polite and friendly, the breakfast was perfect and the room modern and clean/tidy if nothing else. A huge disappointment and I ended up with a 15% refund to compensate! Think I shall stick to the well known, trusted hotels next time round!

• Stayed: December 2010
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2011

Dear Guest,
I am highly disappointed to know that you had a bad expereince during your stay with us. I have gone through your comments and have also shared the same with concern departments. I will appreciate if you could contact me directly at nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com to discuss the same in person. regards

Reviewed December 7, 2010

The rooms in this hotel look very recently refurbished - and it is modern and tastefully done. Everything from the TV to the hairdryer were excellent quality gadgets. Our room was fairly small however a lot of thought has gone into the careful use of space - and it worked well. There was also a small vestibule hall with second door (and the bathroom) between the sleeping area and the corridor - so there was no noise at all from any other guests.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 6, 2010

i have just returned from this hotel after a weekend break.first off this hotel is in a good area with 3 tube stations with in a ten minute walk of it so very central.when we arrived at check in we were dealt with very quickly by pleasant staff.when we got to the room it was very clean but very small with hardly any storage and no were to hang coats the bathroom wasnot abad size but just had a shower wich leaked all over the floor.this hotel was clean and had nice staff so if you dont mind a small room and can get it at agood price then it is not a bad hotel to stay at. ps dont pay for breakfast their are loads of cafes near that do afull english for less than a fiver

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2010

I have never had such a heavenly experience which I experienced staying in park grand hotel.It is definitely my lifetime experience because my friends took me there for my birthday treat and everything i experienced there was beyond my expectations.Though i stayed there for only two nights and one day but those moments will always treasure in my heart and i can't stop myself suggesting other people to visit there once.The rooms were very clean and tidy with everything perfectly in order.The fruits and wine were yummy ,the taste of which are still on the tip of my tongue.everything was simply heaven :)))

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2010

It's a greet hotel and good service,friendly staff good service and hygienic food.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed December 1, 2010

They claim to be 4 star....The rooms are so small that you can put your luggage only on your bad. I was alone so I somehow managed. I do not know how a couple can live there. The bath\toilet is about 1sq meter (truly) so it is hard to take a shower. It is a bad value for money. I am traveling a lot and this is by far the smallest room I have ever had.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business