“An abode of warmth,efficiency and great value for money.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Grand London Paddington

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #330 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Noida, India
“An abode of warmth,efficiency and great value for money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

I had a wonderful and very comfortable stay at the Park Grand.The USP of this hotel is the very friendly and helpful staff who go out of their way to make you feel at home and are attentive.The hotel is central and has a great bus service run by Mr.Nitish and another mbr of their team Mr.Mandar Dhage who were outstanding in their competence and services.We were there for an entire week during the WTM and never once felt that we were not attended to....great service, yummy breakfast and very enjoyable on all fronts.The rooms are neat, clean, modern and well equipped with all the amenities
The down side was the mattress could have been a little firmer,the numbering of the rooms viz a viz the floors was weird and confusing...i kept getting of at the wrong floor !!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, November 21, 2010
Dear Guest,

Just a small note to say thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Mandar Dhage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

Booked myself a junior suite for the extra room as I was expecting company and it was the last night of my trip and I wanted to treat myself to a little bit of luxury given the bad experience I had with my last hotel in London.
The suite was immaculately furnished and very stylish. It had a separate entrance which could be shut off from the rest of the suite which was enormous especially for London. There was a walk-in wardrobe in which there was an iron and ironing board, safe, microwave and bar fridge. The bathroom was huge by London hotel standards and had not only a heated towel rail but a beautifully heated floor - such comfort! The main room had a big double bed (I'm sure it said queen-size on the booking but never mind it was comfortably furnished and quite big enough for our purposes!) with plenty of pillows so you could prop yourself up to watch the large flat-screen TV/entertainment system that was at the far end of the room (there was however no guide on how to use the system). There was also a desk set up for computer access and a sofa that when I arrived was made up as an additional bed - but which was speedily converted back to a sofa when I requested.
The service was excellent - when I asked for ice or additional towels they were delivered promptly and courteously. The service at breakfast was also good although the food itself was fairly poor considering I was shelling out over £200 for one night.
The only major flaw was the supposedly unlimited wi-fi which kept dropping out/slowing right down - for the price they really need to fix this.
All in a good time was had by all (the suite was so large I could have hosted an orgy!) and it was good value for an upmarket London hotel.
I would definitely stay there again - if I can afford to!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, November 19, 2010
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you very much for staying with us at Park Grand London Paddington and taking out the time to post your comments. Your comments has been shared with our team members. We are all glad that over all you have enjoyed your stay with us during your visit to London.

We really look forward to serving you once again in the near future.

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2010

My friend booked me a room at this hotel via Lastminute.com.

It was apparently 'recommended' and at £140 she thought it would be nice. The booking was made in the morning, I arrived at 11.15pm to be told they had air conditioning work going on and didn't have a room available so they would find me a room at a 'sister hotel around the corner' No apology. No phone call. No warning they took a booking they could not fulfil. No excuse for shoddy service.

I was walked five minutes around the block to another hotel The SHAFTESBURY PREMIER LONDON, 78-82 Westbourne Terrace, W2 which was quite possibly one of the worst places I have EVER stayed in my life.

Please see my separate review of this with photos.

Inexcusably bad service taking a booking and not even phoning to say a room wasn't available. A woman travelling alone should not have to be moved to a fleapit around the corner at 1130 at night.

Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank suzzi2020
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, November 22, 2010
Dear Guest ,

Let me start by thanking you for your feedback regarding your recent booking and your stay at one of our sister property.

We were very disappointed to hear about the poor level of accommodation and service you experienced. please accept my sincere apologies for the same. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Manager
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

I booked this hotel as a birthday surprise for my partner. On arrival we were greeted by friendly reception staff and were quickly checked in. The Westbourne room we booked was nice but had a view of fire escapes and peoples flats; after complaining about this we were moved to a club room. Nice decor and bathroom. Breakfast was fantastic; good selection every morning, great service from staff. Overall we had a brilliant stay and i would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010
Dear Guest,

We really look forward to serving you once again in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed here six nights. I'll start with the negative: THe standard room is small, no room to open a suitcase easily, no desk area. I had a room that was near an elevator and had a lot of humming noises. I didn't move cause i was tired, and I was ok with the layout of the room. THe hotel and room were perfectly clean everywhere. Looks like recent renovations. Nice amenities in the bathroom for this price. Good water pressure, but not much space in the shower. All very modern and high-tech t.v.. Free wifi in the room worked great. The bed was very comfortable, nice thick towels too. Air conditioning worked fine. I didn't have the breakfast, but it looked acceptable. 11 pounds if you book it the day before, or almost 15 pounds if you walk in with no prepayment. The staff were all very polite and friendly. Free apples in the lobby. Five minute walk to London Paddington station, and several underground lines. Lots of reasonably priced restaurants nearby, lots of ethnic restaurants too. Around Paddington, lots of convenience stores, some open 24 hours, with prepared foods at great prices. Lots of fast food places in front of Paddington too.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank pattayainsider
Dear Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for staying at Park Grand London Paddington , however I am extremely sorry that you were not happy with the overall size of the room, at the same time I express my appreciation for the feedback that you have given to us regarding your stay as this helps us understand our guest needs and improve our customer service continuously.

I apologise profusely that they also found the hotel room disappointing, however I would like to bring it to your notice that our rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and its design, but at the same time we do have few larger doubles available that I’m certain you would find much more comfortable.

Guest satisfaction is our utmost priority to ensure that all our guests are comfortable. Please give us this second chance to show that we really care for all our clients at the Park Grand London Paddington.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and we also hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near Future.

midlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

just come back from a couple of nights stay at this hotel. Although the hotel was clean and tidy the rooms were very small, hardly any hanging space or room at the end of the bed. We had a top floor so the room was very hot even with the air con on.
The reception staff failed to tell us where breakfast was taken and although the breakfast was adaquate it was very cramped not enough space for all the guests.
The hotel is aprox 300 meters from the underground which is a nice walk if weater ok but a pain if raining.
I did not feel this was 4 star more like a 3 star not one of my favorites in London very disappointing

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I apologise profusely for the shortfall of service and also found the hotel room disappointing, however I would like to bring it to your notice that our rooms can sometimes seem small due to the nature of the hotel and its design, but at the same time we do have few larger doubles available that I’m certain you would find much more comfortable.

SOlihull
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

The reception staff were helpful and friendly.

The rooms were remarkably small and the shower room was tiny, no bigger than a double shower. To save space, everything was folded away, including the desk (like a pull-down bed). The rooms were clean and warm. The bed was quite short; I am 5,9" and my feet were off the bottom.

The breakfast was very disappointing. The fruit salad was lovely, but the croissants were dry and cold. I decided to go for the muesli which was clearly a home made mixture of porridge oats and raisins. I mix porridge oats with my muesli at home, but to have only porridge oats was not nice at all. Altogether a very disappointing breakfast.

|THis hotel is billed as a 4 star, but I have stayed in better 3 star hotels. It lacks soul and character and felt cold and clinical. It was however clean, and it was close to tube stations. We walked to Marylebone station and it took us about 20 mins, with Paddington being even closer and tube stops even closer still. So good access to central london. A couple of cheap good restaurants close by which were off the tourist trail which we liked.

I would recommend this if you want a functional place to stay for the night but if you are choosing your hotel for a special weekend away, go somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple