Park Grand London Paddington
$215
$159
Priceline
3,017 results
All reviewsclub roomwet roomupgraded to a junior suiteheathrow expressquiet areawould stay againrooms are smallbreakfast was excellentan upgradefull englishoxford streettube stationpaddingtoncupboardmirrorhairdryerpubs
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night in March as I had an early morning train journey from Paddington station the next morning (the hotel is about a 7 min walk from the station).

The room I was given was tiny and the bathroom stunk of cigarette smoke (even though it is a non smoking hotel). The curtains in the room were stained the bed linen was tired. I had a shower straight away to freshen up which soaked the entire bathroom (it's a wet room), and all I could smell was smoke!

I requested an iron for my suit and had to wait nearly an hour for it to be brought up.

I had a terrible nights sleep due to an uncomfortable bed and street noise.

I left before breakfast was served so cannot comment on this.

I would not stay in this hotel again and overall was very disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2014

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated. I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and understand the situation in depth.
Once again, please accept our sincere apologies and I hope that you will get in touch with me or will be kind enough to write to me at nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com in detail for me to understand the issue and to take the necessary steps accordingly.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Have stayed in this hotel on our last 6-7 visits to London as it's in a good location for the train station and within walking distance to Oxford Street (& Hyde Park Winter Wonderland at Christmas) Slight problem this visit over Easter with the free breakfast that had always been included when booking through the hotel website direct...this time it wasn't included but the website still stated 'a free breakfast for all who book direct with us'. The staff were very accommodating and gave us breakfast included along with a free upgrade to a club room on the 4th floor, first time we'd stayed on the 4th floor or indeed had a free upgrade and most welcome it was. A lovely big room that made us wish we were staying more than one night. Was a little more expensive at Easter but only to be expected. Bit sad they've ended the free breakfast as that was the main thing that drew us to the hotel the first time we stayed there but, we will definitely stay there next time we go to London. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Only once out of all the times we've stayed have we had a room we weren't pleased with as it was so small, I went home with a huge bruise on my leg where I kept walking into the corner of the bed. i don't think I can give out room numbers but it's on the ground floor to be avoided!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and the service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

The Hotel is well located in the Paddington area. Working distance from the transportation, Hyde Park etc. The rooms are clean, service is great. We had to change room since the first we got was for one person at the most, not for two grown adults. It was way too small. We were able to switch room the next day. A little big bigger but still a Twin Bed. When you are use to sleep in Queen or King beds, that's small

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We understand that you found the room small, however I would like to inform you that we have different categories of rooms which are bigger and I am sure you would be comfortable with that.
We are glad you enjoyed the service provided.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

Room does nothing more than it needs to, , quite like the fold down desk idea for putting ipad, imac etc on, no chair though...the room couldnt fit one anyway. Only gripe is the bar that says it sells food till 9.00 but refused to take an order at 8.40.

Room Tip: nothing wrong with the internal room
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time to write a comment with regards to your stay with us. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members and we hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in the near future.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

There are a lot of options around Paddington station. Even at a good price, I would not recommend this hotel. The room I stayed in was smaller than a room in a Japanese efficiency hotel without any of the efficiency. Window opened to brick wall covered in bird waste. The bathroom is very small and the entire space is wet after you shower. The bed was very hard and I had neck pain from sleeping here. The staff was friendly, but none of them could speak very good English. I stayed by Paddington to make it easy for an early morning ride on the Heathrow Express. A good night's rest is more important than the proximity.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Your feedback is very much appreciated.
I am sorry to know that your experience with us was not a good one. I would appreciate if you could contact me directly in order to discuss your experience and to understand the situation in depth.