“Close to Paddington”

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #349 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Park Grand, very clean and bright room, good service from all staff. a 5 minute walk to the tube, close to Hyde Park, we are happy that we chose the Park Grand to stay. We had a good breakfast each morning with a good selection.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

There are newer reviews for Park Grand London Paddington

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Tried to check-in here after booking directly on their website and got told the system had accidentally overbooked due to a glitch that had happened that week. I said that I read several reviews and the glitch seems to have been happening much longer than a week and maybe they should have got it looked at by now. I also said I wasn't prepared to move to a different hotel, on the website it says 300m from Paddington, that is most certainly not the case and after lugging my case all this way I was not going elsewhere.

She conceded and offered me a room upgrade to a Club Room so we could stay in that hotel.

The room itself was very pleasant, spacious and had free wi-fi.

We rang for room service at 8.40, it took 10 minutes for someone to answer the phone and we were then told we were too late as they stop serving at 9. I said it still isn't 9, please can we order and I was then fed some story about the gas oven not working and what we wanted couldn't be cooked in the electric oven but he could do a salad in the electric oven if we wanted that. I was too confused and fed up at this point so just said no thanks and we went somewhere else.

The bed was comfortable to sleep in and the bathroom was a great size.

Just as a warning the pipes are very noisy in the basement rooms, they start quite early and according to another guest we were chatting to at breakfast they were still making the noise past 8.30am when he left the day before.

Room Tip: Do not have a basement room if you can help it.
1  Thank FemaleTravellerUK
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Paid extra for a deluxe room. Arrived, and was told they were overbooked and sent me to the Best Western down the street. Checked in, and was sent to some non-descript hotel across the street from the Best Western. Got a much smaller room than I paid for......

Room was dirty and small. Location was food, breakfast was good

Not staying there again!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you very much for choosing Park Grand Paddington for your stay in London.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We booked one night due to convenience for Paddington Station. I booked a Club Room to have free internet access. On arrival we were told no Club Rooms were available but we could have a similar room in their 'sister' Hotel which turned out to be a Best Western down the road where we were promptly taken to rooms in an annexe across the road! I think this was the smallest and most uncomfortable hotel room I have ever experienced. Breakfast next morning was good and the morning staff seemed far more concerned for us than the evening staff. Overall, one to be avoided in my book, though it is inexpensive.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Roulade

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you very much for choosing Park Grand Paddington. Please accept my sincere apologies as we had to transfer you to one of our sister properties due to some unforeseen situation. I understand by your comments that you had a very bad experience and once again I apologize for the same. I will appreciate if you could send me your contact details to nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com in order for me to contact you directly and discuss the same in depth.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at the Park Grand Hotel in Paddington on Sat 23rd and Sun 24th Feb . Having read some worrying reviews about people being shipped off to the best western because of 'a leak' in their room I was worried we might end up double booked. HOWEVER, we confirmed our reservation the night before, we arrived early around 10 am and checked in, leaving our luggage with the hotel until we could later on get into the room. There were no issues with our reservation, the staff were very helpful with directions and pointed out the best walking routes on a map. The locations was great - 5 minutes from paddington tube station, a couple of restaurants near by. When we arrived back at the hotel and given our room key they delivered our bags up to us. Really very helpful.
The room was big enough for us, compact but adaquate. The bathroom was nice, although a 'wet room' we had no problems as the heated floor took care of it! Overall, a lovely room at good rates. We had a really nice stay. The breakfast in the morning was really good, free wifi, our air conditioning worked...the issues that other reviewer's had I would guess were one offs as we had no problems at all.
A really lovely stay. I will without a doubt be staying here again on my next trip to london.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand Paddington for your stay in London.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us .

Reviewed March 15, 2013

The hotel was an excellent location for us as we needed to be in the Paddington area the following day. It was also suprisingly quiet area for London as on the back streets. The room was nice and spacious and we were comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful and made us feel welcomed. The one fault was that floweres had been put in the room that had a strong scent, almost like a stale smoking smell, we just moved the flowers out of the room whilst we were there and returned them on leaving. My advise would be to choose a flower with not such a strong scent.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and service provided.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed here on business for the third time. It is good value for money and good location, being 5 minute walk from Paddington station.
This hotel was refurbished about 3 years ago and is now starting to show some wear and tear - e.g. the blind in my room was missing and the electric fuse box was humming loudly. But the quality of the beds and linen is good so I always sleep well here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time to write a comment with regards to your stay with us. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests.
I have shared your valuable with my team members. We hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in the near future.