“Park Stroll”

Ranked #332 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Miami, FL
“Park Stroll”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I found this hotel to be all that it had promised. I arrived alone for the first of 5 nights. While my assigned room was adequate for me, I knew that my lady friend would require more floor and closet space when she arrived on the next day. Vrushalli, the receptionist, was extremely cooperative and promptly arranged for a larger room. She even had the bellman show me the room before making my decision. The room was spacious, very clean, and well appointed. the breakfast (included) was excellent in terms of choice and quality. The location is ideal, less than a ten minute walk from Paddington. All the staff were very friendly and accommodating. i will not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 608 on the 4th floor is spacious and has a nice view of the area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Railman
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, March 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and were happy with the service provided to you.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Sofia Gomes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for 9 days. Hotel is amazing with excellent customer service. Staff is very co-operative especially Mr. Aijaz Divecha, took care of us in the entire stay. Very centrally located. Breakfast was amazing. Room service is upto the mark.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay in Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The first impression of the Park Grand hotel as you walk through the door is certainly fresh and stylish – and this view continues throughout the whole hotel (rooms included). Having selected this hotel off the internet you can never be sure what to expect, but this one actually lived up to its reputation. The rooms, which for London are reasonably priced (I got my large double club room B&B for £79 off laterooms.com), are well equipped, stylish and the bed was very comfortable. My only gripe about the room was it was very narrow which meant there wasn’t enough room at the end of the bed to even pull a suitcase through which was made worse if you operated the “drop down desk” concealed in the wall which then meant you couldn’t get past the end of the bed at all.
As I had a meeting in the hotel I was pleased to find a comfortable bar area which also served good value meals (typical bar food with fries, but well done). Breakfast, standard buffet style, in the basement restaurant was excellent with the quality of the food I ate well above average.
The hotel is well situated, about 5 – 10 mins walk from Paddington station, and some interesting restaurants, shops and cafes in the area if you fancy a bit of a walk. Really convenient if, like me, you have a flight from Heathrow (Heathrow Express leaves from Paddington Station).
Free WiFi, friendly staff and all in stylish surroundings make this excellent value for London.

Room Tip: Suits both business and family holiday stays.

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

A wonderful place to stay in london if you are looking for comfort and value for money and it's location is rather quiet & peaceful at night which is just great! Staffs are friendly and helpful incase it's your first trip to London and you have lots of questions regarding where to go and what to do.
Room and bathroom are clean, roomy and comfortable and well equipped.
A short 10 mins walk and you'll reach Paddington Station, and restaurants, cafeterias and a supermarket, very convenient! Definitely will stay here again on my next trip back to London!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand Paddington for your stay in London.
We are glad you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the room and service provided.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel and recommend it to everyone that is visiting London! The price is so good for the quality of this hotel. The location is perfect : situated on a quiet side street only a quick walk from the tube station and its in central London so only a quick subway ride away from all major shopping and attractions. This is the best part of london to stay in. Safe and quiet but very central. the rooms themselves are beautiful, roomy with all the amenities. The beds are so comfortable and the room is spotless.

The best part about the hotel though, is their customer service. They open the door for you, carry your bags and help you in every way possible. I was sooo impressed. Will be back for my 3rd visit soon and looking forward to it.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank CvM44
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand Paddington for your stay in London.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Be warned: rooms of the same price vary SIGNIFICANTLY in size! The "spacious" double room is nothing like the one pictured on the website (http://www.parkgrandlondon.co.uk/westbourne-double-rooms-129.html) --- in the room we were given for this price, the foot of the bed almost touched the wall. The 'desk' that makes it "perfect" for the business traveller is a plank of wood the folds out from the wall. You have to press the wooden panelling to reveal a 'wardrobe' so small and flat only one coat can hang flat in it. Don't accept the first room they try to give you; they will try to rip you off at every step of the way. Even when we were leaving they screwed us over: we requested a cab and very specifically said it couldn't be a private car (travelling for work, needed a cab receipt) --- they assured us they would call a cab, but a private car arrived, charged us too much, and confessed they have an agreement with the hotel!

Room Tip: Don't accept the first room they try to give you; they'll try to get away with giving you th...
1 Thank David N
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, March 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington.
I understand that your overall experience was very disappointing.
Our room size varies due to the nature of the building we do have higher categories of rooms, e.g. Club rooms and Junior suites which you may find spacious and comfortable.
With regards to the taxi they have a fixed rate for all the destinations.
If you would like to discuss your stay further please feel free to email me directly at Nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com.

Umina Beach, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed a week in this very pleasant, very affordable and well located hotel in October 2012. Reminiscing over photographs has prompted me to share our delightful experience. The desk clerks were always pleasant and helpful. Our room was recently refurbished in a very modern and pleasing style. The room and bathroom were both a reasonable size and well appointed, clean and the bed comfortable. The location is in a delightful area, ten minutes stroll to Paddington Tube and Railway Stations and buses (though Bishop's Bridge Road bus stops might be a bit closer). Breakfast was plentiful, a good variety and of a high standard. All things considered I believe this hotel is high on the list of the best 'value for money' in London. One small tip, a one week Travel Pass (zones 1-2) proved invaluable for tube and buses.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand London Paddington for your stay in London.