“Good value, good location and polite staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Grand London Paddington

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #323 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“Good value, good location and polite staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Rooms are a little worn, but clean and staff were polite. 10 minutes walk from St Mary's Hospital. I stayed in a twin room although as singke occupancy.

Would recommend to friend and colleagues for a short stay as excellent value for money

1 Thank Corinnagg
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand Paddington. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sofia Gomes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Many hotels in London come with hefty room rates which I find bizarre especially when most people visit London to take in the sites. This hotel offers decent pricing, a good location and really good service.
The rooms were ample in size and very clean. The staff were attentive and well mannered and I'd definitely stay again.

1 Thank leeoliver

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel was really good and helpful. We had issues with the phoning system bout amending dates which was resolved which made is very happy and the hotel made up for this. The room was amazing. Not too far from paddington station which has underground access around the city.

1 Thank chris_dolce_23

Sofia, Bulgaria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I booked despite the warnings about double booking. Well, upon arrival one evening a few days ago, the receptionist claimed the hotel was overbooked and I would be moved to their other hotel next door, part of the Best Western franchise ... They said they had issues with the booking system. All too unconvincing bearing in mind they had emailed me the night before my credit card was invalid and my booking may be cancelled. I used the same card to pay at the hotel and they made me prepay, even though I had to move hotels. My reading is - they lure with nice offers and then take guests to an inferior hotel. The whole area is a bit suspicious. Avoid at any cost.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Irina I
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you very much for choosing Park Grand Paddington.
Please accept my sincere apologies as we had to transfer you to one of our sister properties due to some unforeseen situation. I understand your comments that you had a very bad experience and once again I apologise for the same. I will appreciate if you could send me your contact details to Nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com in order for me to contact you directly and discuss the same in depth.

Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Our group reserved a twin room and a single room. The twin was an excellent size and, apart from the very shallow wardrobes meaning that things are stacked horizontally, it was good value. The single room was a good size but the shower being in the toilet with no separation on the floor was problematic. Even drawing the curtain and using shower mat, the whole floor of the toilet gets wet and sitting on the toilet you have the drawn damp shower curtain against your knees. I had to stand on the bed to reach the high up wardrobe beside the bed in which clothes had to be stacked horizontally through lack of depth. Good breakfasts if pricey at nearly £12 each. Quiet area good for tube. Good for 2 to 3 days stay.

Room Tip: Would pay extra for twin and use it alone rather than book single room to save a few pounds. Don'...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We understand that you didn’t like the shower setup, however we have other rooms which have an enclosed shower and I am sure you would be comfortable with that.

Penzance, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

On our way back from overseas stayed at this hotel as it's very convenient for Paddington station. We were upgraded to a junior suite and the room was quite spacious, well equipped, rather innovative. Breakfast was in the basement, a bit haphazard layout but excellent service. Staff were very helpful.a

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand for your stay in London.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and the service provided.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

I always try and stay near Queensway when visiting London, the area's got a good selection of restaurants, transport links and I feel safe in the streets at night (single female business traveller). The Park Grand was a good surprise. My Club room was very nice and stylish. Even took pictures of the showerroom for planned refurb at home.
Would have liked if the windows could have been opened, especially since it took a lot of aircon to cool the room down from 31 celsius (!!).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business