“Fantastic”

Ranked #320 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed a night here after having travelled Europe for our honeymoon. The front desk staff were very polite and helpful. Gave us a complimentary bottle of wine and breakfast as we were a honeymoon couple.

Bathroom had heated tiles which was great

Would definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Thanh N
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay in Park Grand London Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again.

Sofia Gomes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel was average. The first room allocated was in the basement and had very little natural light. We asked to changed and when given a new room we were happy.
The beds were comfortable and the bathroom adequate. The shower only had cold water so we had to ask maintenance to come and see it. Apparently it needed a new heating control so there was nothing to be done during our stay!
It was within walking distance of Paddington however as we do not know London that well we did not realise the actual distance and changing of tubes needed to actually get around.
I would use it again but only if I definitely needed to be on this side of London.

Room Tip: Insist on a room that is away from the lifts and definitely not in the basement.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay in Park Grand Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Haugesund, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

The location is good, the room was very good, big and clean. The staff was nice and friendly, breakfast was ok. I want to stay at Park Grand next time i visit London. Free wi-fi in the room was also good and fast. It took only 6 min. to walk to Lancaster gate tubestation. I got a good price for staying 5 nights get one for free.

Room Tip: We got a room at ground floor, that was nice Noise from the ventilation, but it sound like rain. As...
1 Thank Kari Ann N
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand London Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed the room and service provided.

Belfast
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just returned from staying at this hotel for 3 nights and it was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. Our awful stay here began when we rang the hotel to say we had arrived at paddington station and needed directions to the hotel, only to be sent to the Hyde Park one around the corner from the station. After a 25 minute walk we found the hotel and checked in only to be told the restaurant and bar were closed. This happened When we arrived at the room I was very disappointed at the size of the room, my bedroom at home was bigger. The noise from other rooms next to us was dreadful, we could hear every toilet flush and a buzzing noise filled our room when they took a shower. The wifi was hit and miss during our stay. The only good thing about this hotel was the fantastic cooked breakfast and the staff at breakfast were so helpful and friendly. I have stayed in many hotels in the area including the Hilton and Novotel and thought I would give this one a try as it looked so good from their website but I will be sticking to the others from now on as I don't want to have such a bad experience when I visit London again.

Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

I'm in need of a regular hotel in Paddington for work and I think I've found it here. Free wi-fi, an OK breakfast and close to the train station. I was upgraded from Club to a Junior Suite on arrival. My room was ground floor and next to the street, but was plenty quiet enough for me to sleep well.

Junior Suite was a good size with nice bathroom and a walk in wardrobe. Key things for me as a business user are the free wi-fi which was good and strong in my room and a decent bed to get some good sleep. All key areas ticked for me then.

Will definitely go back next week.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel was fine however the wifi did not work when we were on our room. There was a foul smell coming from the bathroom and no fan in the bathroom (unsanitary for such a small space). The heat was set too hot and when we got the air conditioner to work it was terribly loud.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand Paddington for your stay in London.
We apologize for what happened during your stay.
I will be speaking to the IT department in regards to the wifi and also to the maintenance department in regards to the other issues you had throughout your stay.
We hope to welcome you back.