“Worst sleep of the trip”

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #344 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed October 28, 2012

The hotel was fine however the wifi did not work when we were on our room. There was a foul smell coming from the bathroom and no fan in the bathroom (unsanitary for such a small space). The heat was set too hot and when we got the air conditioner to work it was terribly loud.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand Paddington for your stay in London.
We apologize for what happened during your stay.
I will be speaking to the IT department in regards to the wifi and also to the maintenance department in regards to the other issues you had throughout your stay.
We hope to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

As I had been very ill earlier this year, my daughter wanted to treat me to the theatre. W chose the Park Grand because it was very close to the city centre etc. I looked at it and we booked a two night stay.Then I read the reviews. oh dear. We booked a club twin room and when we got there ( which was very easy from the tube station) we were impressed by the level of service we recieved. We had a room on the seventh floor and it was lovely. As a family we have stayed in various hotel rooms and this was superb. The buffet breakfast was excellent and there were plenty of places to eat out for dinner. We would stay here again and I might even bring the hubby next time . Thank you to my lovely daughter for suggesting it.

Room Tip: room 702 lovely
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times and each time the experience has been a little different. On my first stay I couldnt find my room and after much searching I eventually located it on stairwell (the cupboard under the stairs!) It was very clean and tidy but a little small. On my most recent visit I was upgraded to a club room which was fantastic with all the facilities you would expect from a good London hotel. The breakfasts are excellent and the staff are very friendly so overall this is a good hotel and if you book ahead you can get some very competitive rates.

Room Tip: try and get a club room or junior suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at Park Grand London Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

From many other options, as the area we wanted to book is full of hotels , we choose this one.I have to say i can't really find something which caused me discomfort, but there were small things which in better shape would have bring us more comfort. The hotel is modern designed.No doubt about it. But while the club room (509) was large and spacious, the bed in comparison is small .While bathroom is spacious enough, the sink is extremely small and narrow , without any functionality.But the "master piece"of the bathroom remain the shower...if you can say so...there is a very modern, again no doubt the design it is very modern but a huge luck of functionality...What the designer call "shower" it is a modern falling water ceiling, but the signs are not clear , what you have to press or turn on in order to have the water coming from the real arm of the shower or from the ceiling . Anyway, for someone in a hurry in the morning in a business trip like were , it is very annoying,especially that was a big chance that water from the bath to get into your room, as bathroom's floor itself was same with the floor portion where you take the shower. From his point of view, you are always an alarm not to ruin the room's carpet if the water gets into that direction...

What else? Staff said hello to us and saw us just on check in and check out days, all the rest of the days, they hardly gave us a word...

From the hot water's cattle, was a nice range of biscuits, in the first day, then the second day, day by day, the room maid-housekeper - left us back fewer and fewer...(not that we were counting on those biscuits to replace a breakfast but just an observation).

The best bit was the last day of our stay when we found fresh , beautiful flowers in a small vase, a very touching item.Also, daily we found in the morning the newspaper under our door or in front of it.

All in once, the area is good, on the same road ahead, you will find an extraordinary pub with very tasty food as well as drinks ( the Mitre - Craven terrace) and many other places to eat or close tubs stations.

Room Tip: Club rooms are big but pay attention to bathrooms, the design is modern but not functional.Our room...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay in Park Grand London Paddington.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

My observations of the hotel was that the reception team were very friendly and informative, I have stayed here on business on quite a few occasions and always find the rooms, staff and breakfast very good. The hotel is ideally located near Paddington station and tube which gives easy access to all shopping and entertainment areas.
The rooms are comfy and clean with lovely showers. it is a nice quiet area which always helps for a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
PGHotelManagement, Front Office Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Park Grand Paddington for your stay in London.
We are glad that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the room and service which was provided.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My immediate observation on arrival was of a very rude guest receiving excellent, polite, calm customer service - more than they deserved! Anyway that set the tone for my experience of this good value, conveniently located hotel - a warm welcome and upgrade helps too. Clean, comfy rooms, free wifi everywhere (at last - as standard!), without any password palaver. I checked in very late so missed the restaurant, but the small bar was welcoming and breakfast good with more good service - not overly fussy, just good. Breakfast included in rates - always a bonus in London and good to see a chain aiming to add value. It's clearly been refurbished to a high standard, making the most of the space - I didn't think the room was small - but it's not really a holiday hotel - not for me at least - each to their own. Great for short city breaks and business, 10mins easy walk from Paddington.

1  Thank CADCardiff

Dear Guest,

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service provided.
I have shared your valuable feedback with my team and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

An EasyToBook.com traveler