“Quick stay in UK” 3 of 5 stars

Park Grand London Paddington
Ranked #325 of 1,071 Hotels in London
“Quick stay in UK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a quick day stay before our train to Paris. Having never been to the UK we researched and found this well priced option online after several other reservations at other establishments. For one night we felt our needs were minimal as long as it was located semi centrally and was clean.

Our request for early checkin couldnt be honored so they held our bags and we headed out to explore. At 2pm we returned for checkin, we had a Westbourne double room and by NY standard its small but functional. No one told us about the key before we went to the room so we called down to find out the key operates the lights if you place the key in the panel.

Small details showed the room was 3 stars rather than 4 but the Usb charger and bed were top notch. The shower only has one glass door which caused splashing and there was a greater need for detailing in cleaning the shower corners but the rainshower with handsprayer was a nice touch of luxury.

Staff was highly approachable and willing to assist. Checkout and in a breeze.

Check out the Cleveland Arms across the street if you want a good pint and speak with the bartender Candace.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking out your valuable time for writing comment with regards to your stay with us. It encourages us to improve and strive for the best service to all our guests. I have shared your valuable feedback with my team members. We hope that you will visit us soon and give us the chance once again to serve you in near future.

Nitish Bhatt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

I am greatly surprised by this hotel and location, 20 years ago I would never have looked around here, it used to be the dodgy end of scary, but now Paddington has been cleaned up reinvented and is a great place to stay.
Central location with easy access to underground, buses and rail stations, masses of restaurents locally as well.
Rooms are small, but perfectly adequate the lower the floor the bigger the room, everything is located in the wall, desk drops down, wardrobe opens out, but for a couple of nights for work it is ideal. The hotel have been great and are moving us downstairs to have more space as I will be here during the daytime as well.
Free wifi is a huge bonus, which even works in the restaurant in the basement

Room Tip: Larger rooms are on lower floors, if you want a view head up to the 4th floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jacquiad

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

I recently spend 8 days at this hotel whilst on a business trip. The staff were brilliant - very friendly, helpful and professional. My room was brilliant - quite, large, massive bathroom, plenty of wardrobe space and extremely comfortable. the best stay I have in London. The breakfast is fantastic - plunger coffee, full buffet (hot & cold) and efficient staff. Internet connection brilliant and it was included in the room rate! Will return to this hotel next time I travel to London because of it's great location (so close to Paddington & Hyde Park), clean and spacious rooms (I booked Deluxe Room) and friendly staff and great value. Thankyou

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 233 - extra large, very quite and spacious - would request this room anytime
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Wigan, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Just had a three day trip to London. Booked this Hotel online, Day of arrival they had had a flood so we were transfered to another hotel 5* at no extra cost to ourselves for one night. Returned to the Hotel the next day after a days sightseeing, to discover our suitcase had not been transfered back to the original hotel as arranged, we had to wait another 45 mins for it to be delivered to us before we could get a shower and change of clothes. !! The room was clean, but very small, there where no drawers and only a very, very, tiny wardrobe approx 3' wide and 6" deep, and that was over the bedside table !! so we had to leave our clothes in the suitcase, we had nowhere to unpack them. Dont like the wood panelling around the room, it made it look very dark and depressing, On a plus side, it was a very quiet room and in a very good location with regard to ease of getting the underground to various parts of London.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank JMT1953
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us at Park Grand London Paddington and taking your time out to share your reviews with us.

I understand your concern with regards to lack of wardrobe space in our rooms. I would like to inform you that we had already worked on it along with our projects team. We have put free standing wardrobes in most of the rooms but in some rooms we were not able to fit the same due to the nature of the building. However with the help of external contractors, we are going to re design these in-built wardrobes to make it deeper and longer and help us to resolve the same issue. Once this is done,I am quite sure, we will not have these hiccups in our smooth services to our most valued guests.

Tahoe City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

NEVER STAY HERE!!!
Luckily we only had to stay at the Park Grand Paddington 1 night. Don't be fooled by other reviews...this was truly the most DISFUNCTIONAL HOTEL I have ever stayed at. We booked a room called a "Family Club Room" with 2 beds, supposedly and an extra "sitting" room. When we got into our tiny room (which was not ready when we arrived) there was only 1 bed BUT it was actually 2 twin mattresses pushed together on a giant king-sized platform. OK so no prob...I call down to the front desk and request a folding cot for our son to sleep on - standard equip. for a hotel-eh? No, not here...they told me they had 1 folding cot but it was"broken" so they bring up a twin bedframe and twin mattress, which won;t fit in the room if we need to actually walk in the room. It took awhile for the staff to figure it out and I eventually took to the mattress only and stood it up against the wall until it was time to go to bed so we could still move around the tiny room. None of the House Keeping Dept. spoke English...I believe they were speaking Russian. ALSO NOTE...the 2 twin mattresses that were pushed together on the giant king-sized frame had NO MATTRESS PADS UNDER THE SHEETS - GROSS!!
Next good laugh...the bathroom...the bathroom door had been hung so poorly and crooked that it would not stay shut. The bathroom floor actually was crooked in general,and sloped downward and not just because of the shower drain located on the floor. The toilet paper roll dispenser was hung approx. 2 inches off the bathroom floor - I kid you not!!! The shower drain was incorporated into the floor so if you left the toilet paper on the dispenser and took a shower, the TP would get soaked.
The nightstands were horribly water stained and the dark brown paneling in the room made it feel like a rat hole. For this rat hole, they told us the normal rate was 550.00 Pounds so they figured we were getting a deal @ 150.00 pounds or approx. $244.50 US dollars. Since we had been traveling for 2 weeks and had great accomodations elsewhere, all we could do was laugh and sleep in the room only. Couldn't wait to leave they next day.
Tripadvisor should be made aware of places like this and TAKE THEM OFF THEIR LISTS!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank roberta S
PGHotelManagement, Manager at Park Grand London Paddington, responded to this review, March 17, 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you very much for staying with us at Park Grand and taking out the time for inputting your review. My sincere apologies for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay with us.

I have gone through your comment and I would say that it is not our hotel standard at all and therefore I would appreciate if you could email me your contact details at nitish@shaftesburyhotels.com in order to discuss your experience with us in depth.

Once again my apologies and hope to speak to you soon.

Regards
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Very quiet suite, from the outside (view on communal garden) and from the corridor.
Good breakfast (downside = the restaurant is located in the basement).
Perfect location.
Kind staff.
Would recommend.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChloeDR

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Excellent stay with my daughter. Easy access to Underground, Busses, Pubs, Restruants and shops.Walking distance to Hyde Park (6 minutes). Hotel staff very approachable and a highly efficient reception desk. All needs were met without an issue.
Did not take advantage of the breakfast however feedback from other hotel guests gave it very good reviews. Real value for money. Highly recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Derek P