“Very Comfortable”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Lavender Guest House
Ranked #34 of 554 London B&B and Inns
Rouen, France
“Very Comfortable”
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I'm french, so I apologize for my bad english if I do some mistakes.
I speak in the name of all my family, what means me, my little sister, my parents and my grandparents. We went at the Lavender House for a family event.
Our trip in this B&B was perfect, very charming and quiet.
The Host was really welcoming and thoughtful, the rooms were comfortable and clean, the staff was nice and helpful.
It would be a pleasure if we could return to the Lavender Guest House.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Anna_ROSE3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Greek first
San Gwann
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Extremely clean, very friendly, helpful & efficient staff, lovely, airy, well-lit room...enjoyed my stay so much that I'm returning with my husband next month

Room Tip: all rooms are lovely
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2011

I had read the reviews about how friendly this place was and it was true! The owner was very nice and accommodating. Sometimes, it did feel a bit too much at times. For example, at breakfast, he would keep coming past your table a number of times to chat. Another day, my husband came out of the shower in a towel into our room to find the owner peering into our room from the front window outside. He then raced back inside and knocked on our door to tell us not to leave the curtains open as someone might look in!

Having said that and previous unfriendly experiences in London, too much was better than not enough re attentiveness. The location is very good and within close walking distance to Claham Station, the rooms clean and for a London location, were ok re space. We had a shower in our room, which was surprisingly warm and with good water pressure (for London standards). There is also a lovely back garden room that all guests can use at this hotel, which was a real bonus so you didn't feel so cramped.

You have to book by phone as they don't have an email address and also have to pay in cash or by cheque, no credit cards.

1 Thank kebabster2011
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 1, 2011

Great location near The Clapham Juction with great hosts (John & Tony) making everyone feel very welcome. Looking forward to staying there again if i'm ever in the area. A truly great find!!!

Room Tip: Get the bigger room #4
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I have just spent 5 nights at Lavender Guest House, and it exceeded my expectations in every way. For the very reasonable price i was expecting pretty basic accomodation and service, and perhaps a more run down location. Not at all. We were instantly greeted by friendly and attentive staff , who maintained that level of service throughout our stay. The rooms were very clean, well presented and recently modernised. An example of the thoughtfullness of the owners is that they have put a microwave, fridge and basic crockery and cutlery to allow guests to prepare their own lunches or dinners which is great on a budget..instead of having to eat out 5 nights we had more spending money on out trip ...a lovely surprise.
We felt very safe in this location, walking back late at night there was a nice atmosphere, and no sign of any trouble. Lots of lovely shops , cafes and restaurant in the area..24 hr Asda less than 5 mins walk away.
Very convenient for travel, Clapham Junction train station 5 mins walk, great local bus services and a nice 15/20 minute leisurely walk though Clapham Common to the tube station. All stations mentioned are within travel Zone 2 so that also keeps the price down of travel expenses. A great place to stay which allows you access to anywhere in London very easily. I shall certainly use it again :)

1 Thank FionaJohns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We spent a few days at the Lavender Guest House last month and we will definitely go back there next time we go to London. It was simply perfect:
- the location is ideal : very quite street but near Clapham's many restaurants/pubs/shops + more than enough train or bus connections to central London
- the staff is extremely kind and welcoming, always ready to help with any inquiries (thank you Tony!)
- the rooms are confortable, the beds are VERY confortable
- the prices are more than reasonnable for London

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Paris
Reviewed October 27, 2010

The place is fantastic, a very, very warm welcome, the rooms are very clean. the place is tidy and very charming. I love the area, Clapham is great. Few minutes from the station. Last but not least the price... very affordable for London... more money to spend on shopping. I would definitely recommend the place (I've already done so) to friends and familly and would love to visit London again at that hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple