The Lavender Guest House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in London
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsclapham junctionb blovely guesthousehome from hometrain stationvery pleasant stayvisit londonstayed nightseasy accessminute walkbatterseasunroomfridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 25, 2011

I have just spent 5 nights at Lavender Guest House, and it exceeded my expectations in every way. For the very reasonable price i was expecting pretty basic accomodation and service, and perhaps a more run down location. Not at all. We were instantly greeted by friendly and attentive staff , who maintained that level of service throughout our stay. The rooms were very clean, well presented and recently modernised. An example of the thoughtfullness of the owners is that they have put a microwave, fridge and basic crockery and cutlery to allow guests to prepare their own lunches or dinners which is great on a budget..instead of having to eat out 5 nights we had more spending money on out trip ...a lovely surprise.
We felt very safe in this location, walking back late at night there was a nice atmosphere, and no sign of any trouble. Lots of lovely shops , cafes and restaurant in the area..24 hr Asda less than 5 mins walk away.
Very convenient for travel, Clapham Junction train station 5 mins walk, great local bus services and a nice 15/20 minute leisurely walk though Clapham Common to the tube station. All stations mentioned are within travel Zone 2 so that also keeps the price down of travel expenses. A great place to stay which allows you access to anywhere in London very easily. I shall certainly use it again :)

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FionaJohns
Reviewed March 14, 2011

We spent a few days at the Lavender Guest House last month and we will definitely go back there next time we go to London. It was simply perfect:
- the location is ideal : very quite street but near Clapham's many restaurants/pubs/shops + more than enough train or bus connections to central London
- the staff is extremely kind and welcoming, always ready to help with any inquiries (thank you Tony!)
- the rooms are confortable, the beds are VERY confortable
- the prices are more than reasonnable for London

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 27, 2010

The place is fantastic, a very, very warm welcome, the rooms are very clean. the place is tidy and very charming. I love the area, Clapham is great. Few minutes from the station. Last but not least the price... very affordable for London... more money to spend on shopping. I would definitely recommend the place (I've already done so) to friends and familly and would love to visit London again at that hotel.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Simply what a find! Had an amazing stay, the place was spottless, spacious and had the touch of home feel which is wonderful to have when you are away from home.

The staff make you feel welcome and are very helpful when it came to pretty much anything (i.e. places to eat, places to go an see, how to travel from a to b etc.). The location is great too, offering great value for money while being a 10minute journey to the city centre and all the attractions.

If you are visiting London i would recommend.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 9, 2010

My partner and I stayed here for three nights, and it was a real pleasure. We were made to feel welcome right away, and the staff were incredibly friendly and courteous. I was even allowed to stay and use the facilities after we had checked out, whilst my partner went to work for the day. If ever I need a place to stay in Clapham, I would definitely come back to the Lavender Guest House.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business