“PERFECT”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #174 of 1,071 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The Town Hall Hotel and Apartments, was perhaps, one of the best placed that my family has ever stayed, and we have traveled the world. Upoin arrival, after a typical long flight from NY, including the hassle though customs, we were greeted witha warm, efficient and friendly check-in process. We were asleep within minutes of our arrival, thus salvaging our first day in London. The apartment, and the entire hotel is new, spotless, clean, and beautifully decorated. EVERYONE in the hotel had a smile on their face and was always willing to help in any way they could. The fitness room was well equiped and clean as well. The pool was an amazing perk for our children, and again, was spotless. Towels and water, and a changing room were provided at the fitness area and pool. The beds, linens, and comforter were so comfortable. The room has everything you could possibly need, including a washer and dryer, and everything for all meals to be had in the room if you so choose. The "underground" was a less than 5 minute leisurely stroll from the front door. The Town Hall Hotel and Apartments is an awesome place for a family to stay for a week while in London.
Upon check-out, we had to get a taxi to Gatwick. Oscar was especially helpful in this endeavor, as our taxi did not arrive in a timely fashion. He was very helpful. Also, an Asain woman whose first name began with the letter "J" was especially helpful, souteous, and efficient upon check-in. However, ALL of those that worked there were great. If you asked my children, they would tell you they loved the place especially the chochlate man at night.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2010

Dear Guest, We are pleased that you had a great stay with us at Town Hall and thank you for sharing this with us on Trip Advisor. We hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon! Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood

There are newer reviews for Town Hall Hotel

Reviewed August 6, 2010

I booked this Hotel as I was attending an event in Victoria Park and the price paid for the standard of hotel advertised appeared to be exceptional. From the moment I arrived all of my expectations were surpassed. The building and common areas are stunning, the rooms were very large and very well designed and furnished to an exceptionally high standard. The kitchen area was a welcome addition as were the complimentary bottles of sparkling and still water and pint of fresh milk and tea facilities, truffle chocolates and toileteries. What impressed me the most though was the standard of service, professionalism and friendliness of all staff from the very well informed , friendly and helpful concierge to the friendly and efficient reception staff and the bar staff and housekeeping staff who always greeted us with a cheery smile and greeting. As we had to wait for 15 minutes for our room to be available we were offered free house cocktails at the bar by way of an apology (which I did not feel was necessary but which was a lovely touch) which I would highly recommend. I loved the area which the hotel was situated in and would highly recommend a day spent just exploring the East End which has some hidden gems in the form of character filled pubs, cafes, restaurants and shopping opportunities. I would definitely recommend the Hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the East End who wants a hotel with both high standards and character and definitely intend to return myself at the earliest opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, It's great to read a review with a title like this and thank you for sharing it with us via Trip Advisor! All of the team have seen your comments and we definitely hope that we will be able to accommodate you again in the future. Please note that the summer festivals at Victoria Park made us fully booked in 2010 and therefore we recommend advance booking for them in 2011 to avoid any disappointment. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood

Reviewed August 5, 2010

My friends organized an amazing hen night here for me in April. They booked on of the two bedroom apartments for the night and had a blast. The apartment was very modern and finished to a high standard. What a great hotel for one off events!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Arrived at this hotel after a pretty long car journey and was greeted with a very rude man who barked at me to sit whilst he took nearly half an hour to check me in. Well that's never happened to me before! Yes the hotel looks impressive but this instant service put myself and my partner into a bad mood. the room was good, but considering it should cost over £350 per night the touches were cheap and laughable. What was with the crummy sachet of nescaffe alongside some very cheap sugar that sat next to the even cheaper looking plastic kettle. Anyway, we were hungry so we phoned for room service - no answer. We found a piece of paper telling us about the room service and still no answer from reception so we headed downstairs. Another moody receptionist told us "room service isn't working" but we could eat in the restaurant. So we headed over and of course the very angry and rude looking girl at the door of the restaurant told us they were fully booked, so I asked where we could eat as we were in the hotel and very hungry, she smiled and shrugged! So back at reception we asked where we could get food from and we again received a shrug as the girl who spoke little English dismissed us we headed out onto the council estate to try to forage some food. Back in the room there were wires hanging from the wall hung TV, a metal floor trap that was broken and sticking up which I promptly tripped over. and went head first into the glass window.
The next morning after a bad nights sleep I went for a swim only to find the lights out in the changing area and no-one around. I got dressed in the dark and went to reception to see if they sold and hair products (they do at the Hoxton where I usually stay) again I got a shrug and when I told her I was having a terrible stay, was hungry and tired and that the hotel shouldn't have even been open in this state she told me they have a swimming pool and that I should be grateful. As I was checking out a little later I also complained but the receptionist looked bored and just told me he was sorry. So I paid my £210 for the worst hotel stay of my life (I've stayed in design hotels before and they have been top notch). In the future I will go back to my usual haunt The Hoxton hotel which is better positioned has excellent staff, food and great service. I have even tried to complain about my stay and have got no-where with the hotel or the staff as there seems to be no manager!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
9  Thank seasonedtraveller056
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The level of luxury in the hotel is excellent, we obtain an excellent deal through a special offer they were running. I can only confirm everything else that has been said with regard to the standard of service and the facilities the hotel offers, the negative points are –

They struggle to run the place efficiently, I was somewhat surprised when asked to take a seat at the reception desk whilst I was checked in - but 30 mins later of very pleasant conversation whilst various forms were produced and signed - worked out why seats were available for check –in

The process to check out took a good 20 mins as well, I really got the feeling that whilst all the staff were extremely please and polite they are struggling to run the hotel and really need someone with experience to come and show them how to make the visitor experience much smoother.

The design and look of the hotel is mind blowing but in some small ways takes priority over practicality, for example my 5,6” wife found it very difficult to exit the lovely deep bath and I am sure that a more elderly person could find it impossible to get out of the bath, there are no hand rails fitted to the bath to offer assistance.

The glass wall of the bathroom means you can hear “every” sound made in the bathroom and as such you would only want to share a room with someone you are very comfortable with!

I really do not mean to be negative this is was an amazing experience particularly for the rate we paid but is you were paying a higher price you could be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and comments about Town Hall on Trip Advisor. It is pleasing to hear that you felt the level of luxury was excellent and this has been shared with the team here. Regarding your feedback about the check in / check out time I am pleased to advise that this has been fully reviewed since your stay and I hope that you will notice (on a return visit) a difference. Should we be able to assist any further, please do not hesitate to let us know. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood

Reviewed August 2, 2010

For the price paid this was excellent, the rooms were huge for a London hotel and included all the things you could need including a cooker microwave washing machine and dishwasher, found the staff very helpful and to be shown to and around your room by a conceirge is a very nice touch.Free complimentary bottled water and newspapers made a good break from standard tea and coffee and all in all had a lovely stay.
The only sad point was the breakfast which weighed in at almost thirty pounds for two full english breakfasts and coffee and the it the portion was tiny. Other than that full marks.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you would thoroughly recommend us and these comments have been shared with the team at Town Hall also. I noticed your comments about the breakfast and wanted to advise you that since your stay the breakfast offering has been adapted and hopefully you will be pleased with the new offering on a return visit. Should we be able to help with a future stay, please do not hesitate to let us know. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood

Reviewed July 31, 2010

Stayed here in July for my 30th with friends, was really pleased with this hotel.
The building is absolutely gorgeous, all white and has great character. We got a great deal as it was a special opening offer - we actually paid about the same price as you would for a bog-standard travelodge and this was a lovely design hotel.
LOVED the room, it was more like a mini suite with a kitchen and living area then bedroom. It was well equipped with flat screen tv's,ipod docking station,complimentary milk and newspapers,still and sprakling water and chocolates at turndown. the bathroom was funky with fabulous Occitane toiletries and seperated by the bedroom with a glass panel and a curtain which was a nice stylish touch. The only thing us girlies missed though was a full length mirror - could have really done with one of those but other than that it was great. Loved the fact it had a small kitchen with oven, microwave and fridge, was nice to come back to the hotel after being out and having a nice chilled glass of wine with nibbles.
I thought the staff were great, the cleaners were very friendly and through, we asked for extra tea/coffee and toiletries to which they brought immediately.
The small pool was a bonus - the majority of London hotels don't have one so it was nice to chill in the pool the day after our big night and we had it all to ourselves.
We took our own breakfast foods so didn't need to try out the restaurant but it looked very nice.
The location was perfect for us - East is where it's at nowadays! We walked to London fields for a picnic and the funky boutiques and bars/cafes of Brick Lane were also very close by. Bethnal green also seemed to be quite buzzing although we didn't look around much.
Would absolutely recommend to others staying in that area of London and would defintely return there myself, although I would hope to pay a similar price to what we did originally!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
196bgate, Director of Sales at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2010

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking your time to share such positive feedback with us on Trip Advisor. It was good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope taht you will be back to stay again (maybe for your anniversary?). I noticed your comment about the full length mirror being needed in your room and have the pleasure of advising that since your stay extra full length mirrors have been added to all rooms and apartments. Should you require any assistance with making a repeat booking, please do not hesitate to let us know. Many thanks and kind regards, Mark Haywood