“exceptional”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #226 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Different, in the positive meaning of the word, for people that like culture and beautifully renovated old buildings. Lots of character, a place unlike others. It has a soul. It has history. People are wonderful.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Arie-Lausanne
OpsMng, Director of Operation at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Guest, I was fascinated by the poetic and still very effective way you used to describe our Town Hall Hotel. Thank you for these wonderful words left on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that your experience was beyond a mere night stay somewhere because in need of a place, it was a discovery of something new, the grasping of the essence of a place by perceiving it through the different messages coming from the history of the building, the smile of the staff and the art in it. This is exactly what we are and I am glad your sensed it. The Town Hall Hotel will be waiting for you many times more! Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

An amazing hotel, large clean rooms, excellent service and great facilities it's a real gem!! I am incredibly fussy with very high standards, I don't recommend hotels freely but I would defiantly recommend no this one!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Guest, I am pleased to read about your stay at the Town Hall Hotel on tripadvisor, thank you for your kind words. I read about how meticulous you are in the choice of hotel and I am glad to see that you gave us the maximum score. Rest assured that we will keep on raising the bar on our services and customer care to give you other memorable stays.
Many Thanks and Kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Picked the Town Hall Hotel up for a one-night stop on an internet deal, saving a good percentage on the standard rate for a Studio Apartment room. The building itself is beautiful, and a great job has been done of converting it into accommodation.

The apartment room was very interesting, nicely furnished with a mixture of the classic and the contemporary, and with a very clever use of space to house a fully functional kitchen behind folding walls. The bathroom was large, and nicely kitted out, with the glass wall to the sleeping area being an interesting feature to let natural light in from the external windows. (A modesty curtain is included!)

Sleep quality wasn't great for me, but that's likely down to the general difficulties I periodically suffer with sleeping in general, especially away from home. The bed was comfortable, if a little on the soft side for me, and the combination of climate control and large opening windows should allow anyone to find their perfect climate.

As a single-night stay, literally just a bed for the night, we didn't get to try out the facilities but as a place to rest our heads it was a nice touch of luxury compared to our normal option of the nearest budget chain (which, in London, is often not that much cheaper than the deal we got here)

I certainly would look at staying again, for longer, if we find ourselves in London for 3 or 4 nights; that might be dependant on getting the same sort of discounted rate though.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for the kind word and the very thorough review left on tripadvisor which highlights your feelings about the hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed the building, the hard work put into it to project the refurbishment, the challenge to match the classic character of the furniture with the modern design of the rooms and finally the innovative room setting. I am sorry to read that you din not have the chance to experience all the facilities of the hotel during your last visit but we I am confident you are looking forward to try them all during your next stay!
Many Thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at the Town Hall & will be back for certain.

We stayed in an apartment and were impressed with the thoughtful way that the room had been converted - I'm normally keen to get home when I stay in hotels but I wished we stayed for longer at the Town Hall.

All the staff were extremely helpful and polite & clearly took pride in their work.

Although the hotel is located on the fringes of Central London Bethnal Green tube was only approx 5 mins walk away.

We had dinner in Hoxton Square which was within easy walking distance - we also took a walk down Brick Lane which is nearby and directly adjacent to the square mile - you get a different view of London here but there is lots going on if you know where to look.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Robin2008

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice review left on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to learn that you would have loved to stay with us longer and indeed great to read that you were impressed with the building conversion, your suite and the service received from our staff. I am also very pleased to see that you went out your way to discovery the many treasures this areas has to offer, with its melting pot of cultural diversity, spanning from food to spices and trendy boutiques and vintage stores all around. I hope to be able to welcome you back at the THH in the near future and in the meantime, should I be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly on this email. Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights in November. From arrival till departure, the staff, without exception, were genuinely friendly & helpful in a very nice way.
We had a one bed apartment, which was just amazing. Tastefully furnished, comfortable, spotlessly clean & very quiet. It was such a pleasure to come back to after a tiring day doing tourist stuff in the city. The level of equipment in the apartment was impressive, with a washer / dryer, dishwasher, hob, oven, microwave, fancy coffee-maker etc. etc. Also, soap etc. provided for the machines & fresh milk & bottled water (free) daily renewed in the 'fridge.
The bedroom was of a similar standard, with a comfortable bed (not like the concrete slabs you tend to get in many hotels) & a small flatscreen TV for when you wanted to watch in bed.
The swimming pool was pretty neat with a fully equipped Gym (which I avoided!).
I believe the food in the Hotel is supposed to be impressive. We didn't try it - mainly because my Wife is vegetarian, & although they did have veggie choices, they just weren't what she was feeling like at the time.
Anything negative? Not really. The dryer in the washing machine didn't work when we first used it, however, when we reported the fault, they took our wet clothes away and dried them for us. Also, the drier was repaired in less than 24 hours. Things can go wrong in any Hotel, but it's how they deal with problems is what counts. Ten out of ten to the staff here.
Together with most of those who have reviewed this hotel previously, I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone. It may not be in the centre of the city, but it's only 15 minutes by tube to Oxford Circus & I can vouch for the claim that the tube station is only 5 minutes walk from the Hotel as we're both in our late 60's & we managed it easily in that time.

Room Tip: We had an Apartment on the inside, overlooking the pool which was very quiet - absolutely no traffic...
1  Thank JackGlasgow

Dear Guest, I read with interest the nice review you wrote on TripAdvisor, thank you for this. I am delighted to see that we did not fall short your expectations and the room was equipped with what you wished to have. I am also glad to know of our staff prompted reaction to rectify the situation with the broken wash machine, by taking away you wet clothes to be dried while your suite wash machine was being repair. We are looking forward to welcome you back a the THH in the rear future and should I be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed November 12, 2013

From the moment we arrived (and were upgraded to a suite), we were treated wonderfully by the staff from Town Hall Hotel. They've got that great balance between professional and friendly from the person on the reception, to the staff in the (amazi

1  Thank bairstow_boys
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review in TripAdvisor, which although looking incomplete, it gives a very clear idea of what you most liked of Town Hall Hotel. I am delighted to read your kind comment on the professionalism of our staff and I have appreciated that, amongst all your reviews on TripAdvisor, ours is the only one that received your excellence approval, which makes us proud and re-energises our teams confidence to continue delivering our service concept to a higher levels with the aim of receiving more satisfaction results from our guests. Thank you for stay with us in this occasion and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the THH in the near future. Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed for three (3) nights and was so impressed with the professional and courteous staff. I stayed in an Executive Room which was so comfortable. Very modern and practical with luxury touches. The food in The Corner Room is amazing. Still dreaming of the Hake with nettles and turnips. The best service from a very attentive staff who know their food and wine. Located close to Bethnel Green Tube and a short walk to Shoreditch for the markets. The bar is a great place to chill. Cant wait to come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Alisonjenk
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guest, I am glad to read that you liked our Hotel so much! Thank you for the kind words left on Tripadvisor. Despite years of activity we continuously check our work, performances and standards using your reviews to improve our service when needed or maintain what we achieved. Your review tells us that we are doing what expected and did not fall short your expectations. I am also pleased to read that our excellent restaurants were the signature on your stay with us and that the staff once again looked after you professionally. We are looking forward your next stay. Many Thanks and Kind regards, Sandro Desole