“If you can get a good rate this is a fabulous place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #151 of 1,089 Hotels in London
“If you can get a good rate this is a fabulous place to stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The location may seem odd but if you like Brick Lane, Shoreditch and Spitalfield, stay here. The apartments have fully equipped kitchens which can bring your costs down if you don't fancy eating out. We also had lunch at the Viajente which was a fabulous experience.

• Stayed September 2013
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your nice review left on Tripadvisor. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the rooms with all its features, the neighbourhood and our Michelin Star restaurant “Viajante”. We wanted to create a place where to have fine dining of the best kind, cosy and spacious rooms all in a nice area and so we did according to your words..”a faboulous place”. We cannot wait to welcome you back. Many Thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I could be verbose, or I can simply say...book this hotel each and every time you stay in London. The staff, the room(s), the facilities are all impeccable. I adored my week there and will always book a room there (until the prices go up, based on word of mouth).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear Guest,
Let me thank you for your kind words left on Tripadvisor. I believe that little more can be said about your stay after this thorough review. This is what we are aiming for and would like to hear from each and every guest, that is why we work so hard on this regards and conscientiously read and analyze every review received. Rest assured we will keep our high standards and once back you will verify it in person! We cannot wait to welcome you back soon. Many Thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Great place, unique hotel. Place full of history. The area is not yet very popular however in 10 minutes at piccidilly and 20 covent garden, mayfair. I shared a room with my daughter and there was enough place for both of us. Would like to book again, hotel always fully booged. Ths place has been rewarded from Elle uk for its decoration.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank 107patriia
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear guest, I would like to use this occasion to thank you for your nice review left on Tripadvisor. I always take in serious consideration the guest’s comments and in this instance I am glad to hear about your positive experience here at the Town Hall Hotel. It is nice to see how many guests love the building with his history, the spaciousness of the rooms and the position so close to the downtown but in the quietness of the suburban area. We cannot wait to have you and your daughter back again for another “girl’s weekend”! Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Two friends and I stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and we couldn't have been happier with the experience! The staff were extremely helpful and polite, the apartment was modern and clean and with fantastic little touches, and the building itself is beautiful. Close to the tube and a great location to explore the East End of London but also really easy to get to central London. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others and I'm hoping to return again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for your comment left on Tripadvisor which well describes your experience, as you said “fantastic”. It is nice to read that you were fully satisfied with the double bathroom, one of our preferred units, able to host comfortably not only families but also, like in your case, friends travelling together. I am glad to read that you loved all the little touches we provide to our beloved guests and that the location fits you perfectly. I appreciate also your last words and rest assured we will take care of your friends coming according to the standards you appreciated and will be waiting for your return! Many Thanks and Kind Regards Sandro Desole
Yarm, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for business this week, having selected it from Tripadvisor reviews. It was a little bit out of the way but, having said that, only 5 - 10 minutes walk from the tube so access to central London was easy. I was greeted by a pleasant and well-informed receptionist who also gave me a room upgrade.
The room itself exceeded my expectations for the price - it's unusual to get robes and slippers included. The room itself was clean, with a good bed and large bath (complete with rubber duck) and quiet (I was on the second floor).
Breakfast in the Corner Room restaurant was good in that there is a small room to the left I would recommend with comfortable chairs and tables, rather than the conventional restaurant layout.
Staff were very helpful and the only disappointment I have is that when I next come to London in October i won't be able to stay here as I have a room booked elsewhere!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
OpsMng, Director of operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for your kind words left on Tripadvisor. I am glad to see that you chose our hotel also because of the positive reviews left on Tripadvisor. I firmly believe that the first hand experience is the best to refer to when it comes to the hotel choice and tripadvisor is very popular amongst our guest. I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the room with its facilities and amenities and that the hotel location fitted the purpose of your visit. I was also pleased to read that you enjoyed the Corner Room Lounge for breakfast, one of the guests’ favourite features. I am sorry to hear that you will not be coming back next time you visit London but I am confident that the first leisure trip you will do to London, the Town Hall Hotel will be the choice and I cannot wait to welcome you back again then! Many Thanks and Kind Regards Sandro Desole
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Staff are very helpful and are enthusiastic. They are prou of a job well done. Rooms are beautiful, the bathrooms are especially nice.
Pool and other building amenities are top-of-the line.
Overall very impressive, wish I was staying longer.

2 Thank SJS_YVR
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest, It was a pleasure to read your nice review left on Tripadvisor, thank you for that. It is nice to see through the reviews that the staff is one of the assets of the hotel and that our dear guests feel well looked after. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room and the facilities and I particularly cherish your last words. I promise to keep the same level of efficiency, courtesy and standard and improve it if possible for your next visit!
Many Thanks and Kind Regards
Sandro Desole
Director of Operations
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

The Town Hall Hotel is quite something. Maybe I got lucky and got the best room in the place but it is well worth going a little out of the way to find. I'd happily stay there for a month.

First off, an amazing job has been done converting the old town hall and restoring it as a hotel, keeping some architectural features but using modern design to make it interesting. The rooms are fantastic, mine had a kitchen and living room, tastefully furnished.

It feels private and quiet, yet it's in a busy part of London. The location is off the beaten track in Bethnal Green but it's close to the tube and overground rail so easy to get to and from.

I can't think of a single thing that could have improved this hotel, it's well run and an antidote to bland anonymous hotels everywhere. Even the room service continental breakfast was a cut above most other hotels.

Stay here if you can.

• Stayed September 2013
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Guest, I would like to begin this reply with a thank you for your nice words left on Tripadvisor. You really got the essence of the Town Hall Hotel. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our wonderful building and appreciated the restoration made and that you loved, as we do, the neighborhood . I am also glad to read your final words, rest assured that we will keep on raising the bar to give you many more wonderful stays.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards