Town Hall Hotel
$212
$179
Travelocity
1,452 results
All reviewsbethnal greencorner roomcentral linetyping roombroadway marketbrick lanecouncil chamberwasher dryerfull kitchenl'occitane toiletrieseast londonone bedroom apartmentpool and gymespresso machineunique hotelmacaroonscocktail bar
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Hype hype hype hype hype!!!

I spent three nights here.

First of all 5***** for the corner room I had lunch there one day and food was excellent. Great quality and the lunch options are excellent value.

The rooms however left a bit to be desired. Everything seems all cluttered together a bit cheap. There was a stand alone mini bar fridge just sitting in the middle of the room standing out from the crowd. The bed was squeaky and not very comfortable. It was unseasonably warm and there was no air-conditioning so the room was a sauna.

But worst of all is that there were these guys painting the floor or the walls right out the front of my room....I came back mid afternoon for a nap and I couldn't sleep cos it was a manfest of tradies out the front doing there thing. I mean I understand that hotels never close but if you are going to have people working out the front of the rooms maybe block the sale of those rooms until the work is finished.

The pool looked nice but forget about using the gym if you are tall as you be hitting your head on the ceiling when using the running machines.

The staff were nice and the price was OK but you are out in Bethnal Green so it should cost as much as the touristy places in the west end. There was free wifi throughout the hotel which is a plus.

A friend of mine that was meant to be staying there was moved to their "sister" hotel out in some apartment near Liverpool street.....pretty poor!!

Overall everything looks great until you step in the rooms....then it all goes downhill.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank superpang
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback left on our TripAdvisor page. I read your comments carefully and I am sorry to hear that your experience was marred by few incidents. I have wondered for a minute, whether you reported these issues with our reception as we have a very dedicated maintenance team to support in resolving any last minute breakage or perhaps check for another apartment in this case. I am sure had been given the opportunity, we would surely have act to rectify your experience for the best. Nevertheless, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused in this occasion but I can assure you that this were isolated incidents and not at all our rule. In regards to the room and its appearance, I understood by your description that you stayed in one of our hotel bedroom room type, which in comparison to other accommodation providers, we are told, still larger than the majority. In terms of the location, I disagree with your comment that the hotel should be of less value because it is located in East End. We are proud of pioneering this new and revalued area of London which is full of history and trendy things to be experience. It is of course disappointing to know that we were not able to deliver to your satisfaction in this occasion and I hope there will be another opportunity to prove you that the THH has everything in place to provide a very satisfying product/service to the most diverse clientele. Looking forward to the future. Many thanks and kind regards Sandro Desole

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I would stay at the Town Hall Hotel in a heartbeat (unfortunately, it takes a bit longer to get to from Australia). Our family of five (three teenage boys) stayed for 5 nights this July in a two bedroom third floor apartment. Taking advantage of an advance purchase package, the hotel was excellent value for money.Furthermore,the hotel was a welcoming oasis after busy days exploring London. The apartment was spacious, well furnished with an eye to design. The fully appointed kitchen (stovetop, oven, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher) and washer/dryer were a godsend for a family of five having spent the last 3 weeks living out of suitcases and eating in restaurants.
A meal at the Corner Room, one of the hotel's two restaurants, was delicious, the setting in the old council chambers interesting.
The gym and pool were also appreciated by us all on a daily basis. Being an avid runner, I enjoyed the proximity to Victoria Park and the path along Regent's Canal.
Several supermarket were within easy walking distance.
Bethnal Green tube station is an easy 5 minute walk away and is on the central line, only 3 stops from St. Paul's station and 7 stops and 10 minutes from Oxford Circus and the west end.
All the staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful.
I would wholeheartedly recommend the Town Hall Hotel to anyone visiting London.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank margaret b
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest, let me thank you for your very useful review left on Tripadvisor. Reviews like yours give a practical help to our guests who travel in London for the first time. Many times we receive mails asking us about appliances in the rooms or if the hotel rooms can fit large families and the information you provided can enlighten these guests and give them precious suggestions for their trip. I am pleased to read that you had a nice experience, too and that you enjoyed the hotel to the full. I like the expression you used :” the hotel was a welcoming oasis after busy days exploring London” which is symptomatic of the atmosphere we aim to create for every single guest visiting us. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest care and rest assured we will look after you and your friends at every visit with our unique style!
Many Thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed July 20, 2013

The hotel is a beautifully restored old town hall with many references to its old occupation. You get a superb mix of modern and old. They even kept the Council chamber where they host civil weddings. We were there for 2 weeks in July and were given the LG05 which is on the lower ground. It was a much larger room than we expected, with lots of natural light and separate bedroom and living/kitchen/dinner room. The gym has all the basics you need and runners can also try the Victoria park nearby for a pleasant 5k although I found the air heavy on pollution getting there and back. Staff fantastic! Only downside is the near neighborhood is really not that interesting and finding a nice place to have dinner at a short walking distance means staying at the hotel (where the food is really good). Also, expect to spend a lot of time in the Underground as there are no attractions nearby.

Room Tip: We were told the rooms on the lower ground are larger. We can confirm they are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank limondelli

Dear Guest, I really appreciated your kind words written on Tripadvisor. Thank you. I agree with you, and this is not only our idea, that the old Town Hall building is very interesting and full of history. As you said we kept it as it was and blended in the modern design concept with anyway a view of what is stylish and historically relevant. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room (one of my favourite as well!) and like we always say, the lower ground it is not a downgrade, instead expect the room to be larger and still as bright as the ones above. As per the location I would like to clarify that even though it is not the West End we have few things to see and experience in the immediate hotel neighbourhood, we have at least four good restaurants within 5 minutes walk, a French, a Brazilian, an English and a Vegetarian and many other options within a walking distance ready for you at our Concierge desk. We are a little off the paths but within 10-15 minutes you will be in Oxford Circus which is not bad for London. I cannot wait to welcome you again at the Town Hall Hotel and to introduce you to all the East End hidden gems.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I've been pampered in a few good hotels across Europe, and I've spent at least a night in hotels that were more elegant, in better positions, with better facilities, bigger pools, wider breakfast buffets than Town Hall Hotel. These are all facts and I suspect that the people at THH are very well aware of them. In fact, it's people that make a difference at THH. They make a difference upgrading your reservation, bringing the luggage into your room, firmly refusing a tip, taking extreme care of your restaurant reservations and of your transportations, while transmitting you the idea that they are not doing so because they are paid to, but because it's what they really want to do. I thought to name at least a couple of the incredible professional I've met during my stay that put any reasonable and unreasonable effort in anticipating and satisfy my desires, but I decided not to, in order to preserve the sense of choral work made by all the employees.
Getting down to business, I was upgraded in a fairly large suite with king bed, a fully equipped kitchen, a dining space, a spacious bathroom with in-tub shower. If i were to miss something, I would mention a courtesy mirror for shaving and a speaker in the bathroom to listen to the TV.
Breakfast was an ordinary selection of extraordinary products. I ordered my choice of pork and eggs and I can still feel the mouthwatering pieces of broiled bacon melting on my tongue.
The pool was nice and never crowded, so that I could take my swim. The bar, at the end of a very long Shining-like corridor, is in front of the Michelin-starred Viajante restaurant and serves whatever kind of mix you could think of while sinking in your plush sofa. Even a 130 AM room service call is delivered with a smile. If I were to name one thing I would have taken advantage of but I couldn't actually find at THH, I'd go with a smoking room. Since it was summer, I enjoyed going outside to have a cigarette, but I wonder if it were December.
THH was probably my best hotel experience so far. Both Liverpool Street and Canary Wharf are quickly accessible via public transport and the neighbourhood is none other than the vibrant East End. I will definitely be a returning customer and so will you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lbs2018
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Guest, I have just finished to read your wonderful words left on Tripadvisor and I have to say, they touched my heart. They made me proud of our staff and what we do here. I know that our staff is great and that the most part of the guest writes about them, sometimes quoting names sometimes not, but this is far the best review I have ever read about the staff in my whole career. Thank you for that. This is an acknowledgement of the effort we put in our trainings, the passion we have, the commitment for the company. About the hotel side, the guest has to enjoy totally the hotel, from the welcome to farewell. It is important therefore to pour our passion onto the rooms with their facilities, researched furniture, quirky design concept; the food we serve from the breakfast to the fine dining experiences at the Viajante; the various mixologist masterpieces at the Viajante bar and the relaxing and cosy swimming pool. We will keep on raising the bar and we will wait for your return everytime.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards, Sandro Desole

Reviewed July 20, 2013

This is my 2nd review of the Town Hall Hotel - London now, and with reference to my last review, I decided to review this place again due to its continued impressive nature, and in my list of top hotels to stay in the world.
Background: We stayed at the town hall hotel in various rooms 5 more times since our last stay, mostly in the executive suites.

Location: Once again, its proximity to the Bethnal green station is wonderful, and brings you along the central line. For those who want to explore the local area, the 388 and 254 buses leave right outside the hotel, and can take you directly to Brick Lane. Given the better weather in the last stays, I had the pleasure of visiting some nearby parks. The best is Victoria park which is a 1km run from the hotel, and is packed with people running, cycling, roller blading, or just relaxing on the beautiful large grass areas. Highly recommended. There are a few fantastic coffee shops in Brick Lane which is about 8 minutes on the bus, or a 25 minute nice walk. (Hint, try Nude Espresso on Brick Lane for your coffee fix and great food). Getting to and from the airport, you can either catch the Heathrow express to paddington, and then subways, or else just organise a transfer. There is a private taxi transfer desk across the street from the hotel which will take you to terminal 1 LHR for 40 GBP. This is a good deal, given that it costs 1 person 20 GBP for a Heathrow express ticket one way.

Rooms: We had 5 different rooms during our stay. We convinced our family to stay here during their short stay in London as well, so we got to see 7 rooms since our last fantastic stay. The rooms are very varied. The consistency lies in the cleanliness, fitouts, open plan style of the executive suites, and the lovely beds. As the Town Hall hotel rooms are not uniform, each experience is unique. There are definitely some better rooms than the others, but there are no bad rooms. Some are noisier, some are quieter. We have our favourite, but it might not be yours! Natural light is abundant in all rooms as are high ceilings. The executive suites are just beautiful. All have polished floors boards mixed with slate in the kitchen. The kitchens are well thought out for space saving, and the lounge areas are comfortable with a good sized TV with great availability of inputs (We like to use HDMI to watch movies from our computer on the big screen). There are usually 2 TVs in the suite. Each has a special pod type of coffee machine (Some have Nespresso) kettle, oven, toaster, induction cooktop, microwave etc etc etc. There was everything we needed to cook meals. Dish washer and clothes washers were fantastic additions and these things can really make your stay in a place much more enjoyable. The heated towel racks are fantastic, as are the showers and bathrooms (Very large). There is absolutely nothing to complain about with the way the rooms are designed, and we have stayed in the one bedroom suites, executive suites and the double rooms - all are great, but we would always choose at least the executive suites.

Gym and Pool: We used the gym mainly. It is more than adequate for your holiday needs. Treadmills, ergo, elliptical trainer, free weights to 25kg, and a bench and floor mat. More things there than you will need. All clean with ice cold water too. The pool is nice (quite hot) but we didn’t use it during our stay so cannot really comment.

Service: Once again, the service was impeccable. From the door staff who are eager to please, and highly attentive, to the concierge, and desk staff - it is a highlight of the trip when you are made to feel special each and every time you stay there, and every time you walk in and out of the place. We have stayed at approximately 30 hotels over Europe and the US over the last 6 months, with all of them 4 star or better, and the Town Hall Hotel is an absolute stand out. They have prompt and efficient email responses, and a great personal touch all along the way. The cleaning staff are both friendly and efficient and for some reason, does what other hotels never seem to be able to do, and that is clean when you aren’t there. They never seemed to disturb us while we were there, but always seemed to clean the room (impeccably) while we were gone. A small, but fantastic thing.

Overall: Once again, a fantastic stay (x5) with the Town Hall Hotel. I have absolutely no qualms about recommending this to anyone, and know that any reviewer or guest will have a fantastic time when staying there. It is our home away from home, and we will consider no other hotel when in London again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cwliew

Dear guest, I am absolutely convinced that who lives our rooms and experiences first-hand our service falls in love with the Town Hall Hotel. I am also sure that the more you stay in one hotel, the more you understand if the service and the standards are a once-in-while matter, a random event or if there is consistency. Well this is what I read in your wonderful review left on Tripadvisor. Thank you for such a words. After the fifth stay with us in such a short period of time you can really testify how everything is the result of meticulous training, attentive eye, care for the detail or better in one sentence LOVE FOR OUR GUESTS! This is what happens here, that is why our room are all different, we want our guest to look forward to their next stay. We love to pamper our guest, make them feel at home every single instant of their stay. The rooms have all what you need to be “home away from home” like you said and the gym and swimming pool are meant to add something to a wonderful stay. We cannot wait to have you back for another “Amazing stay” Thank you and kind regards, Sandro Desole