I stayed at the Town Hall in a one bedroomed apartment on the Lower Ground floor. It was comfortably and stylishly furnished - lovely lamp - and the kitchen was very well equipped with everything you could want, including an excellent coffee machine. The bathroom was extremely luxurious and I liked the glass wall between it and the bedroom with a curtain to draw for modesty. The toiletries, towels and bathrobes were high quality and the cute rubber duck was a nice touch. The bed was very comfortable with plenty of pillows. All good, in fact excellent so far.
Now for the reservations. Why spoil the ship for a haporth of tar? There were several vases but nothing to go in them and few if any pictures so the rooms looked bare and unfinished, not minimal.The colours were aiming at 70s chic but actually just looked dingy because of the shades chosen. The TVs were very small; the one in the bedroomwas no bigger than a monitor. I was told check -in was at 14.00 but though I had rung ahead and been told it would be ready before then, the room was not ready until 14.30. The receptionist was cold and distant and uncommunicative, perhaps a language problem.
The real problem was breakfast. In the file in the room it said breakfast was served until 10.30. I went to the breakfast room at 9.45 and was told it finished at 10.00. I waited for 10 mins for a waitress to take my order and was then told there was no decaff coffee. The ordinary coffee had run out and I was told it would not be refilled as it was now past 10.00. There was little left on the buffet in the way of cheese or meat, so at £15 it was an expensive fruit juice, cereal and croissant. I am told the cooked dishes are well worth the extra £4 but I didn't have time to wait.
So all in all a bit of a curate's egg. I would stay againif I got a good deal on the room but go to the City for breakfast or get up earlier.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TOWN HALL HOTEL is a boutique, design, hotel in the heart of London's East End. Offering luxury accommodations, event space and fine dining in an iconic Edwardian building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Town Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Town Hall Hotel And Apartments
- Town Hall Hotel London, England