A beautiful and well kept building, but way off center,in an area that has nothing to offer.
The hotel is too big to be called a boutique hotel. The design is inconsistent at best, with stuffed animals, old dentist chairs and some other bizarre decoration choices, which have nothing in common.
The one bedroom apartment was very spacious, although we've encountered some major maintenance issues and technical failures.
The staff is generally friendly, especially at the concierge post, but the front desk clerks and Viajante bartenders are definitely not.
The non-inclusive breakfast is less than minimal, with not even a whole-wheat bread or a low-fat yogurt. For the price they charge for it, I'd definitely expected more.
To sum it all up - not a "Design Hotel" and not a boutique one. At best, an adequate place to stay at, if you need to be in that area, although The nearby Boundary should offer a more pleasant atmosphere.
A late addition: the sleep quality rating is low mostly due to the peculiar glass wall between the bedroom and the bathroom, resulting in a well-lit bedroom whenever someone attends the bathroom/toilet in the middle of the night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TOWN HALL HOTEL is a boutique, design, hotel in the heart of London's East End. Offering luxury accommodations, event space and fine dining in an iconic Edwardian building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Town Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Town Hall Hotel And Apartments
- Town Hall Hotel London, England