As a wedding photographer I had visited the hotel three times in 2011, but each time purely for work, so when I received an invitation to an event in East London that required an overnight stay it was the natural choice. And with a tariff not much greater than the nearest budget hotel, it was great value too.
The hotel makes real use of it's unique building, with just enough of the original features left in place to give that link to it's past. With the addition of a great mix of art, mid-century modern furniture and contemporary fittings the designers have created an amazing setting like no other hotel I've ever been to.
The one small negative is it's location in a slightly run-down part of London, and so the views aren't particularly wonderful. But with interiors like this there's no need to look out of the window!
Our room (as with all the rooms except standard doubles) had a fitted kitchen area, but as we were only staying for one night we didn't get to fully appreciate this, apart from the great coffee machine. The bathroom didn't have a bath, but the shower was fantastic. There was a seating area and a super-comfy bed, and the iPhone dock was a great touch.
Our only contact with the staff was at check-in which was quick and painless, and the member of staff that dealt with us was very pleasant and gave us all the information we might need.
We ate in The Corner Room restaurant on the first floor on the afternoon that we arrived. My wife and I agreed that it has to be one of the best meals we have ever eaten, and at a ridiculously low-price for the quality of food served. The restaurant doesn't allow reservations, but turning up at 16:30 meant we had the dining room to ourselves!
Returning to our room after our night out in London we found the bed had been turned-down and a couple of gorgeous chocolate truffles left for us, which summed up the hotel really. Sophisticated yet relaxed, classy but not pretentious, and with amazing attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TOWN HALL HOTEL is a boutique, design, hotel in the heart of London's East End. Offering luxury accommodations, event space and fine dining in an iconic Edwardian building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Town Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Town Hall Hotel And Apartments
- Town Hall Hotel London, England