“Would love to come back to this hotel!”
Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #180 of 1,069 Hotels in London
England
“Would love to come back to this hotel!”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

A superb hotel, 5 minutes walk from Bethnal Green tube station. We stayed in a luxury apartment which had amazing facilities and was really well designed. I slept well which I don't usually in London due to noise. We had lots of space and really enjoyed relaxing in the room! There aren't many hotels as elegant as this in London, in this price bracket. A real hidden gem and the only hotel I've stayed in around London that I would go back to. We dined at Viajante which was an amazing experience for people who are open-minded about food (not for the fussy, standard eater)! The bar is also great!

We walked into central London one day which took about 45 mins to get to the Tower of London at a very leisurely stroll. Also walked to Brick Lane and Spitalfields market which I would also recommend. The area around the Columbia Street flower market was also very vibrant.

I cannot praise this hotel enough - no faults from me! I definitely recommend to anyone planning a visit to London.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was a quite unique experience for you. I am glad to know that you liked the design of the hotel and that your stay was comfortable and it was one of your best in London. It is very encouraging to hear that THH hotel is a place that you would return to. I am pleased to know that the diner at Viajante was a success and that you really loved the food there. Please give a try to the Corner Room, as I am sure you will enjoy the food there too. Please keep in mind that this restaurant is for walk-in only guests. I appreciate your last note on the many things that can be visited nearby the hotel. I confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Well appointed 2 bedroom apartment with good sized living/kitchen. As noted in previous reviews - spotlessly clean. Staff here are extremely helpful. Breakfast was included in our room rate and, whilst not cheap, was of a high standard. Potential holidayers should note that this hotel is not in a traditional "tourist" area and as such there are no high-street style cafes just outside the door. It is also in an area which could best be described as "gritty", however, we walked everywhere with our 2 kids with no problems. Close to Bethnal Street tube, which gives good access to central London. Our only regret was that we did not have time to eat at their Michelin-starred restaurant. If the breakfasts were anything to go by, then the restaurant should be top notch.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank karinec930
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you and your family found the surrounding areas of the hotel safe. This is an upcoming area and I agree that it may not be a primary tourist destination. However, this area has its own charm and it is the trendiest places in London today. It is always very encouraging to receive such a feedback from our guests and we are pleased to know that all our efforts have been appreciated by you. I can confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2011

My Daughter treated me at a weekend stay at this truly superb hotel - Absolutely spotless, clean, 5 minutes from the underground of Bethnal Green. The Staff were all wonderful. Huge apartment room, lovely bathroom, kitchen with a selection of different teas, coffee, milk and water already supplied. Helpful cleaning staff who showed me how to work the TV. Love the chocolate sweets they leave in your room before bedtime every night. Such comfortable beds and quiet peaceful rooms where you don't hear the traffic or outside noise, not like in the west end. Everything you need and have at home is in your own apartment. Stunning building that has so much history, know the area of Bethnal Green, as my Daughter used to live around there, she says it's not as bad as everyone makes out and it reminds me of the village in NYC in the 1960's, very electric and artistic people in the area, very trendy these days.
You must go to the in-house restaurant Viajante, we had a 6-course meal, more like 8-course so much food to try, all delicious and the talented chef Nuno Mendes came to greet us, lovely guy, as was the lovely Irish waiter Aaron who served us. All friendly and attentive. The cocktail bar is also very nice. Would idealy love to stay here again, such a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SHEILSLONDON
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enojyed your stay with us and could not agree more with your daughter choice. I am glad to know that you really liked the hotel, its features, fittings and appliances and the size of the apartment as well. I really appreciated your feedback highlighting all those nice extras the Town Hall Hotel offers to its guests. I am happy that you enjoyed the Viajante restaurant testing menu, from our Patron Chef Nuno Mendes and that you wish to come back soon too. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all your feedback on to our department heads. Should you decide to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Very helpful staff, upgraded me to studio, super room, funky, spotless.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.
Many thanks Sandro Desole
North Yorks
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is a very good hotel which is located about a 5 minute walk from Bethnal Green underground station. The Central Line will take you into the West End in around 20 minutes and to the City of London in around half that. Also nearby (2 stops and 5 minutes further out of town along the Central Line) is Stratford with the Olympic Stadium and the massive Westfield shopping centre which opened a few weeks ago.

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in September 2011 and found it to be clean and fairly comfortable. I was given a twin room on the lower ground floor. I suspect that this wasn’t their best room but I had booked on Hotwire and got the room at just over £100 per night so I can’t complain too much! The décor may not be to everyone’s taste with lots of marble flooring softened with the odd sheepskin rug. There were two single beds in my room and they were comfortable enough but a single bed is a single bed and not ideal. The room had something of a dark, clinical feel to it which might be explained by the fact that a photograph on the wall suggested that it used to be a gents toilet! As you might expect, everything is immaculate and the bathroom was spotless with a powerful, if strangely complicated (3 unmarked levers), shower. The indoor pool is a nice touch and was never busy when I was there. Staff delivered chocolates to the room every evening too.

I didn’t sample the food at the hotel but if you like Asian food, Brick Lane – famous for its curries – is a 20-25 minute stroll away or 5 minutes in a taxi. Younger kids might enjoy the Museum of Childhood which is just around the corner from the hotel on the way to the tube station. All in all, this is a very good hotel but for some reason I can’t find it in me to give it 5 stars like many. For me, the ambiance in my room was a little cool and clinical but perhaps that’s just my taste and the other rooms might be better. If you don’t mind being a little out of town, or plan to visit the Olympic Stadium or Westfield then this hotel would be a good choice. As noted previously, it represents very good value especially when booked through a discount site.

Room Tip: Avoid a twin room on the lower ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find it convenient to travel to the West End, City of London and the Stratford Olympic park from the hotel. Thank you for mentioning all the little touches we offer to our guests in such detailed way as you did and that our rates a very good value for money. I am sorry to hear that you did not really get a very warm feeling from the apartment and that the style of the apartment was not entirely to your liking. The Town Hall Hotel, is a very sophisticated design and we are conscious to the fact that it may not be every one’s taste. I am please though to know that you liked the many other features of the hotel and that you though our facilities are well kept and spotless. It is unfortunate that you did not have the chance to taste the Viajante or Corner Room menus but perhaps there will be other occasion in the future. I appreciate your last suggestions on the proximity of the hotel that can be visited. I confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
St Albans UK
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife, planning a secret birthday party for me in Dalston, booked us in for the Saturday night. This is a stunning place, full of heritage and art, comfortable and stylish..Staff were delightful and really helpful and the apartment upgrade we had was vast and interesting whilst being really comfortable, quiet and . Just as well, since 88 people turned up for the party! The area is great - Broadway market, the canal, Geffrye museum and Columbia flower market on Sunday are really close and Viajante in the hotel building produced a stunning Sunday lunch with their 6 course tasting menu. Excellent place to stay in a great part of London.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at the Town Hall Hotel & apartments. I am pleased to read that you thought the hotel is full of heritage and art, comfortable
and yet stylish. I am glad to hear that our staff extended their friendliness and professionalism to you, your family and friends and that your birthday party was a success. Also, Thank you for describing the local area places of interest, which will be very useful to all our guest staying at the Town Hall Hotel. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed Sunday lunch at the Viajante restaurant with its tasting menu. Thank you for choosing the THH for your stay and it was a honoured to have been selected for this special day of yours. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I am a frequent traveller, and this hotel has surprised me with all its qualities. I highly recommend as its rooms, service and restaurants satisfied me and my colleagues a lot.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you and your colleagues have enjoyed all your stays with us and you think that the level of product and service as of high standards. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.
Many thank