“ONE OF THE FINEST HOTELS & APARTMENTS IN LONDON”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Town Hall Hotel

Town Hall Hotel
Ranked #152 of 1,088 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“ONE OF THE FINEST HOTELS & APARTMENTS IN LONDON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2011

My Daughter treated me at a weekend stay at this truly superb hotel - Absolutely spotless, clean, 5 minutes from the underground of Bethnal Green. The Staff were all wonderful. Huge apartment room, lovely bathroom, kitchen with a selection of different teas, coffee, milk and water already supplied. Helpful cleaning staff who showed me how to work the TV. Love the chocolate sweets they leave in your room before bedtime every night. Such comfortable beds and quiet peaceful rooms where you don't hear the traffic or outside noise, not like in the west end. Everything you need and have at home is in your own apartment. Stunning building that has so much history, know the area of Bethnal Green, as my Daughter used to live around there, she says it's not as bad as everyone makes out and it reminds me of the village in NYC in the 1960's, very electric and artistic people in the area, very trendy these days.
You must go to the in-house restaurant Viajante, we had a 6-course meal, more like 8-course so much food to try, all delicious and the talented chef Nuno Mendes came to greet us, lovely guy, as was the lovely Irish waiter Aaron who served us. All friendly and attentive. The cocktail bar is also very nice. Would idealy love to stay here again, such a beautiful hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SHEILSLONDON
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enojyed your stay with us and could not agree more with your daughter choice. I am glad to know that you really liked the hotel, its features, fittings and appliances and the size of the apartment as well. I really appreciated your feedback highlighting all those nice extras the Town Hall Hotel offers to its guests. I am happy that you enjoyed the Viajante restaurant testing menu, from our Patron Chef Nuno Mendes and that you wish to come back soon too. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all your feedback on to our department heads. Should you decide to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

Very helpful staff, upgraded me to studio, super room, funky, spotless.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.
Many thanks Sandro Desole
North Yorks
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is a very good hotel which is located about a 5 minute walk from Bethnal Green underground station. The Central Line will take you into the West End in around 20 minutes and to the City of London in around half that. Also nearby (2 stops and 5 minutes further out of town along the Central Line) is Stratford with the Olympic Stadium and the massive Westfield shopping centre which opened a few weeks ago.

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights in September 2011 and found it to be clean and fairly comfortable. I was given a twin room on the lower ground floor. I suspect that this wasn’t their best room but I had booked on Hotwire and got the room at just over £100 per night so I can’t complain too much! The décor may not be to everyone’s taste with lots of marble flooring softened with the odd sheepskin rug. There were two single beds in my room and they were comfortable enough but a single bed is a single bed and not ideal. The room had something of a dark, clinical feel to it which might be explained by the fact that a photograph on the wall suggested that it used to be a gents toilet! As you might expect, everything is immaculate and the bathroom was spotless with a powerful, if strangely complicated (3 unmarked levers), shower. The indoor pool is a nice touch and was never busy when I was there. Staff delivered chocolates to the room every evening too.

I didn’t sample the food at the hotel but if you like Asian food, Brick Lane – famous for its curries – is a 20-25 minute stroll away or 5 minutes in a taxi. Younger kids might enjoy the Museum of Childhood which is just around the corner from the hotel on the way to the tube station. All in all, this is a very good hotel but for some reason I can’t find it in me to give it 5 stars like many. For me, the ambiance in my room was a little cool and clinical but perhaps that’s just my taste and the other rooms might be better. If you don’t mind being a little out of town, or plan to visit the Olympic Stadium or Westfield then this hotel would be a good choice. As noted previously, it represents very good value especially when booked through a discount site.

Room Tip: Avoid a twin room on the lower ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you find it convenient to travel to the West End, City of London and the Stratford Olympic park from the hotel. Thank you for mentioning all the little touches we offer to our guests in such detailed way as you did and that our rates a very good value for money. I am sorry to hear that you did not really get a very warm feeling from the apartment and that the style of the apartment was not entirely to your liking. The Town Hall Hotel, is a very sophisticated design and we are conscious to the fact that it may not be every one’s taste. I am please though to know that you liked the many other features of the hotel and that you though our facilities are well kept and spotless. It is unfortunate that you did not have the chance to taste the Viajante or Corner Room menus but perhaps there will be other occasion in the future. I appreciate your last suggestions on the proximity of the hotel that can be visited. I confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
St Albans UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife, planning a secret birthday party for me in Dalston, booked us in for the Saturday night. This is a stunning place, full of heritage and art, comfortable and stylish..Staff were delightful and really helpful and the apartment upgrade we had was vast and interesting whilst being really comfortable, quiet and . Just as well, since 88 people turned up for the party! The area is great - Broadway market, the canal, Geffrye museum and Columbia flower market on Sunday are really close and Viajante in the hotel building produced a stunning Sunday lunch with their 6 course tasting menu. Excellent place to stay in a great part of London.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at the Town Hall Hotel & apartments. I am pleased to read that you thought the hotel is full of heritage and art, comfortable
and yet stylish. I am glad to hear that our staff extended their friendliness and professionalism to you, your family and friends and that your birthday party was a success. Also, Thank you for describing the local area places of interest, which will be very useful to all our guest staying at the Town Hall Hotel. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed Sunday lunch at the Viajante restaurant with its tasting menu. Thank you for choosing the THH for your stay and it was a honoured to have been selected for this special day of yours. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally. Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I am a frequent traveller, and this hotel has surprised me with all its qualities. I highly recommend as its rooms, service and restaurants satisfied me and my colleagues a lot.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
OpsMng, Director of Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you and your colleagues have enjoyed all your stays with us and you think that the level of product and service as of high standards. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have.
Many thank
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I am a fan of East london and this is the best hotel in the area. Highly recommended if you want a "design hotel" experience with all the comforts and services. The area (Bethnal green) might look a bit dodgy at night, but I lived around there for years and in my experience it's a safe area. The central line metro is so close that it's easier to reach the center compared to other close locations (e.g. hoxton square). And on top of all this, we booked a double room and got a free upgrade to an executive apartment!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your encouragement on the Bethnal Green area. I do agree with your comment that travelling from the hotel to central London or the trendiest areas in the East End is easy. We are very proud to be the pioneering company of such hotel in this area, despite all the prejudices. I appreciate your last note on the complimentary upgrade. I confirm that your feedback has been shared with all the department here. Should you decide to return to the hotel in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist you personally.
Many thanks and kind regards, Sandro Desole
Cleveland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2011

I had been warned not to stay in this area but found it very safe, never felt uneasy even coming back from one of the local pubs or the Underground late at night. We were given a room upgrade on arrival which was lovely. Apartment was spacious, exceptionally clean and very quiet but we were in the lower ground floor which is flooded with light from outside even with curtains closed. This is an amazing place and i can only highly recommend it and would stay again if coming back to London. Negatives? The washer/dryer takes absolutely forever to get clothes dry and there was no ironing board but iron was suplied in room! Trouble with internet that staff couldn't fix but my husband travells lots so had cable to plug in directly to wall-small stuff really. So yes stay in Bethnal Green.

Room Tip: If you are light sensitive for sleeping then don't book a room on Lower Ground floor but it is v...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
OpsMng, Director in Operations at Town Hall Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor on your recent stay at Town Hall Hotel & Apartments. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that despite the advice to not visit the East End of London, you decided to go ahead and realise that this area is in no way different from other areas in London. I am glad that you appreciated our complimentary upgrade although the apartment was in our lower ground floor. I am sorry to hear that there was too much light coming thorough the curtains and I can confirm that this has been passed on to our housekeeper to look at improvement. I apologise for the inconvenience with the internet when you arrived at the hotel but I am glad this was simply sorted out by your husband carrying a cable. It is always very encouraging to receive such a positive feedback and I have passed all of your feedback on to our department heads. Should you be looking to visit us in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist with any enquiry you may have. Many thank and Kind regards Sandro Desole