“Caring staff!”

Dining options: Drinks
Neighborhood: City of London
“Caring staff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

Popped in for a few glasses of vino and noticed the man on the next table bending down under the table - it took us a few minutes to realise that there was a young lady collapsed on the floor. The minute he shouted for help the manager (who clearly was a first aider) was there in seconds to help. The girl came to quite quickly but as they were leaving I shouted over to say that I could see that she was about to collapse again. The manager and one of his team helped the couple out and when we left the bar about 15 minutes later and both the manager and colleague were still with the couple outside - not sure if they were waiting for an ambulance or car but it was clear that the young lady was not well. The staff should be applauded for the level of care they provided and quick responses. Now for review of the bar - excellent/friendly service and we thoroughly enjoyed the Mexican platter - we'll be back - especially for happy hour.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank SpecialAgentKK

London
“Cool Clause Bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Beautifully decorated with a buzzy ambience, the Clause Bar is ideal for a quick lunch. We sat on high bar stools, which personally I think are only okay for a quick meal as they are not the most comfortable of seats! Once we caught the waitresses attention the service was good and speedy. The salmon fish cakes at £7.00 were good value but tasted mainly of potato. The lunch menu is very reasonably priced. I think if I am in the area again I would try somewhere else as it wasn't memorable.

Visited January 2014
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
“Typical City Bar - not a bad thing!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014

I work above Clause so it is a regular haunt for us. The staff are friendly enough, the food is typical bar food, but I would say usually a bit above average quality (sometimes its a miss, but its not a rule). The drinks are pretty expensive, but this is London to be fair!

For me, its not good enough to organise a special birthday there, but its definately good enough for a quick lunch and glass of wine. And if you plan to stay for a few, beware, its underground so you lose track of the daylight!!

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Disappointing food and service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

We decided to go here as an office outing on a Friday lunch time. There was just 5 of us and we ordered two sharing platters - one Tex Mex and one Mediterranean. The Tex Mex consisted of sinewy undercooked chicken wings, deep fried onion rings (could not find the onion inside) dripping with oil, very thin quesidilla wraps with not much filling, a couple of lame dips, some lettuce to fill up the plate and make it look like there was more food. The Mediterranean platter had a small bowl of humous, quite a lot of cheap pita bread, 3 falafel unlike any falafel I had ever tasted, and not in a good way - plus lots of lettuce to fill up the plate. Shortly afterwards a plate of samosas arrived and we were told it was part of our meal. We could not quite work out if they were Tex Mex or Mediterranean so we questioned if they were ours and we were told they were. Very oily too. I am sure the Tex Mex was meant to come with mini hamburgers so perhaps the chef got confused. We left the chicken and miserably ate our way through the rest. When the waiter came to ask if the meal was ok we said not really and were about to explain why. He just smiled and said "that's great" and took the plates away!! Very odd place. 80s disco nightclub vibe with mirrored walls. Quite oppressive for day time eating. I don't think I'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Good after work party bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

I went to Clause on a department night out. We had an area reserved for us with our pre-ordered wine and beer laid out with glasses and ice-buckets. The staff were attentive and friendly and made sure empty glasses etc were cleared away.

We ordered a few platters as well, which were filled with the usual deep-fried yumminess that goes down well after a few drinks. All very nice.

I can't comment on prices as it was a work do but I understand that there weekday happy hour is good.

My only tiny complaint is that the music was very loud when we first came in at 5.45pm and we had to talk very loudly to be heard but after a couple of drinks this didn't matter at all and added to the atmosphere!

• Visited December 2012