“Don't miss this unique London opportunity....”
Review of Small Car BIG CITY

Private Tour of London in a Classic Car
Ranked #20 of 710 Tours in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We believe that visitors to London should feel like locals. Zoom around the swinging streets of London in a classic British Mini Cooper. Your passionate local guide(s) will show you the quirky, undiscovered London that is off the beaten track and down the side streets that only a Mini can get too. Experiences last from a quick 30 minute blast to a fully tailored all day excursion. Get picked up from your hotel and tailor your trip to your exact requirements. Our highly trained guides know all the best places to eat and drink so that you can truly make the most out of your stay in our great city. SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! If we do not provide you with the BEST TIME EVER, we will book you in for another experience at your convenience free of charge!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I had one of the more memorable experiences we have enjoyed in five previous trips to London, a tour of the city in a vintage Mini Cooper. If you are fortunate enough to book Edward, our guide on the tour, you will be in for a treat of both interesting sights and facts about the city as well as flying around hard to access thoroughfares and back ally-ways that only a bicycle or 1964 Mini could navigate!!! Words can't describe the exhilaration and how much fun this actually was. We had an absolute blast!!! I feel so fortunate that I discovered this unique offering through Expedia and I would encourage anyone planning to visit London to not miss this attraction. Having made five extended trips to the city we have done most all the typical tourist tours on both land and water and I would rank this vintage Mini tour right at the top along with the traditional Big Bus Tour....only the Mini can take you where the bus can never go!!! My wife and I are already planning a holiday season 2015 trip to the city and we intend to include another Mini tour on our itinerary just for the fun of it.

There are newer reviews for Small Car BIG CITY

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We were bought a Harry Potter tour as a Christmas present and went on our tour today in July. We were picked up by our driver Sam at St James Park underground station and we had a fantastic time!

We loved being whisked around London in a little red Mini with the roof open and the sun shining through. The car looks and sounds fantastic, and considering they are only tiny, are very comfortable, and I'm 6 ft 1! We saw all the famous sites in London, plus locations from the Harry Potter films, and other interesting sites we were not even aware existed. Sam was so friendly and made the tour such a fun experience. She was full of interesting facts and it felt like we were being driven around London by a friend!

I can't recommend this company enough. I'd give them 6 out of 5 if I could!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Wow what a brilliant present for my partner! I booked 2 minis for 4 blokes and they can't stop talking about it!! The 2 drivers were brilliant! Very helpful fun entertaining, took photos drove to the perfect places and we would so recommend any one wanting something different go for it!! We did a Sunday afternoon and def value for money!

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We were excitedly looking forward to this part of our trip but were disappointed. The traffic was so bad that we spent more than half our time standing still in traffic. Wasn't driver's fault. She was great but I think your website should contain some info about good times for driving tours. We picked a time after rush hour on a weekday but it made no difference.

smallcarBIGCITY, Owner at Small Car BIG CITY, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Family 581,

I’m terribly sorry you were disappointed with your tour. London is one of the greatest cities in the world but as with any capital city it is subject to constant demonstrations, road closures, festivals, events and parades, all of which have an adverse effect on the already strained road network. We pride ourselves on knowing all the back-streets and cut-throughs that larger vehicles could only dream of getting down to try and keep you moving at all times, but sometimes even these streets become congested.

We take many steps to avoid any potential traffic:

- We travel within the Congestion Charging Zone (This is £10 a day and reduces congestion by up to 40%)
- We do not offer tours in rush hour (7am-10am and 5pm-7pm)
- Our drivers have access to real time traffic information via tfl, google, aa route planner etc.
- Our drivers are trained to use the back-streets and stay away from the main roads.
- All pre-planned road closures that are released by Metropolitan Police are in the calendar. We avoid carrying out tours at these times, however, if the customer can only travel at that time we warn them in advance that traffic might be an issue.
- On our frequently Asked Questions Page we advise customers when the best time to book a tour is and when traffic is at its worst. (http://smallcarbigcity.com/faq)
- We do not run tours on the hour every hour, we factor in 30 mins in between each booking, in case the traffic is bad and we need to overrun.
- If all of this fails, then we offer a money back guarantee. We are more than happy to refund you the tour or book you in for another tour free of charge at a time and date of your choosing. (This can be found in bold on our home page)

By implementing these steps we have had just 2 complaints in over 10,000 customers over the last 4 years. We can only rectify an issue once we are aware it exists. If you had mentioned you were disappointed we would have issued a full refund or booked you in for another tour free of charge. As a small business trying to grow our reputation means everything to us and TripAdvisor is the single biggest influence on our bookings. Competition is fierce; a single low scoring review can still be quite damaging to our rankings. In the event of an unhappy customer, we will do everything we can to rectify a situation before a customer reviews us, so we can continue to perfect the business model and maintain our excellent track record.

Should you still want a refund, please email us at info@smallcarbigcity.com with your booking number and we will gladly oblige.

Kind regards,

Robert.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

What an excellent bespoke tour.
Rob gave my fiancé and me a tour around London in one of his classic minis and now we've booked three for our wedding day.
After getting stuck in traffic after the first turn, he whipped it around and had us going through some back streets, that even though they looked pedestrianised, he assured us they were fine for his cars. We stopped along the route at several places for our smartly dressed tour guide to let us get out and see the attractions and his knowledge of London kept us intrigued the whole way around.
We were learning about and seeing so much of London that we were wanting more when the tour came to an end, he then dropped us off in covent garden with his recommendations of where to go for our evening meal.