“Great food, but more "modern" than Indian!”
Review of Farzi Cafe

Farzi Cafe
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #2,391 of 28,473 Restaurants in London
Description: Farzi cafe is a modern spice bistro serving cutting edge, avant-garde Indian cuisine with a twist. Opening soon
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food was excellent, and staff were attentive. The house special gin drinks were also excellent, and very different to the normal cocktails.
For those looking for a traditional English/Indian experience Farzi may not tick the boxes - there's certainly other places I'd recommend over Farzi; but for those looking for something a bit out of the ordinary Farzi gets my 5* award.
I'd add that the Vegetarian dishes were excellent (though not sure my dessert ticked the necessary boxes - but to be fair I didn't ask!)

Dear Alistaircunningham,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

We are delighted to hear that you had a positive experience with us. In regards to our menu; we are a Modern Indian Bistro. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our vegetarian dishes.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Farzi London

Write a reviewReviews (142)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is a gem we accidentally discovered. The service provided by Agon, Manager and his staff, specifically Akshet was amazing. We stopped by for dinner on our way to a theater nearby and did not have too much time. Despite that, Akshet made sure that we received our food on record time giving us plenty of time to have a relaxed dinner. The food is excellent and the ambiance delightful. I highly recommend this bistro type restaurant.

1  Thank RRCLA

Dear RRCLA,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience with us during your visit. In addition, I am very pleased to hear that our staff, in particular Akshet, was able to meet your request to make the theatre on time while enjoying a relaxing dinner.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!]

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went for a Sunday lunch; and it ticked all the boxes. Great food, decor, ambience and nice customer service by Tamer.

Hopefully get a chance to return in the future.

Dear Clarkkent23,

Thank you so much for your feedback.

I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience with us during your visit. In addition, I am very pleased that our staff, in particular Tameer, took great care of you.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went there for a small meal in the afternoon, which was good, and on the bill they added a 7£ "kapha". I don't know what that is, it's nowhere on the menu and I did not order it nor receive any information about that. I didnt say anything because I'm not used to check the bill when I pay. I just thought it was the price of my meal. Just be aware of that if you go there.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Posting this review after email the restaurant privately two weeks ago and still having not had a response.

My friends and I had a great time in this private dining room of Farzi Cafe despite some initial hiccups at the start of our meal. But overall I am giving this place a ‘1’ star review.

We arrived on time for our meal at 8.30pm on Friday 2nd August 2019, the table wasn’t quite ready so we were offered to have a ‘quick drink’ at the bar the bar whilst we waited- this is a fairly normal experience for busy and popular restaurants so we didn’t question it. 45 minutes later our table was still not ready and we had obviously become more and more hungry whilst waiting at the bar. Although the bar snacks and cocktails kept us going we were keen to sit down for our meal. After asking the host a number of times, we we FINALLY seated and I was advised that the manager would come and see us to make up for the delay. He never came and I had to seek him out.

When I found the manager and confronted him about the time we had to wait, he patronisingly told us that this was very normal in London and if we had ever eaten at high end restaurants such as Roka, Nobu etc then we would know that this was ‘common practice’. We felt this was arrogant, patronising and rude. Not that it needs mentioning but we do dine at such restaurants and know that this is not normal.

I pressed the manager to comp our first round of drinks - the round we had not intended to have but had no choice but to while we waited for a table. When I went back to our table and informed the others that our first round was on the house, the manager then proceeded to come over to our table and aggressively and extremely rudely applauded us by patronisingly clapping his hands in our direction. This we thought was unnecessary and totally uncalled for.

From that point on however, the manager disappeared (much to our delight) and we were served our delicious food by other kind staff and had a lovely time. I would recommend this place for the food, but quite obviously the manager could learn some manners and perhaps could benefit in some lessons in hospitality.

I am usually not one to complain but this was truly awful behaviour.