Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from International Friends tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience International Friends
from $121.50
from $124.10
from $191.50
More Info
All reviews small group windsor castle day tour london hotel driver guide small coach back roads loch ness stratford upon avon tour company cruise ship small tour tour price great tour dropped off english countryside highly recommend this company
Reviewed 1 week ago

I agree with some of the reviews that this was more of a transpo service rather than a tour. Since we did the tour on a saturday, we did the HP Studio First. Our guide (forgot his name) tried to tell us a few information as we head to the studio. You will be given about 3.5 hours for the studio which is really more than enough. So don't worry and take your time. We met back at the bus at 1.30pm and went to Oxford. There we met another tour guide named Debbie and the group split into two. We walked around the old town for about 30 mins and then we were given time for ourselves. Unfortunately I didn't find the tour here entertaining. She spoke a lot about things that I found unnecessary or irrelevant. She was lively though. At 6pm we headed back to London. Overall it was okay but next time, I won't do the combined trip anymore.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked two different private tours with this company. The first one was for 4 people and we visited Stonehenge and Bath. Our driver/guide that day was Oz and he was knowledgeable and friendly. We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the car with him and visiting the sites. Our second tour was for just my husband and me on a day trip to the Cotswold area. We picked the villages we wanted to see and our driver/guide Jose supplied the knowledge and fun.
We had a dream of a day even with the rainy weather and Jose handled the closing of the highway with aplomb and grace. I couldn't recommend this company more highly. If I ever make it back to London, you can bet I'll book another tour.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I really enjoyed the whole day trip. We had an early departure, they first took us to Oxford for a walking tour of the city and the various colleges in the morning, followed by a little bit of free time to explore on our own and grab a quick bite. We then headed to the Warner brothers Making of Harry Potter studio, where we spend approximately 31/2 hrs touring the studio. The site is amazing, lots of things to see. it is quite impressive to see how much work and creativity that goes into making such a film. it was very interesting to see ll the sets,the animal creatures, costumes, social effects. etc..would love to go back again and spend more time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We corresponded with Paul through email. His information was very clear. We made our arrangements several months before our cruise to make sure we would be on his pick-up list. Everything went very smoothly on the day of the pick-up. Nigel met us at the cruise pier and we had a very comfortable and smooth ride to Heathrow. Thank you, TCC Southampton.

2  Thank BobBruin
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I really wanted to see Oxford, and just sort of took the Cotswolds and Stratford along with the package. As it turned out, we saw a lot, without a lot of terrifying driving. Although I enjoy watching the comedies, I don't consider myself a Shakespeare buff. Despite this I really enjoyed Stratford. It is very picturesque, with more Tudor era and medeviel buildings than most places in England. Seeing Oxford was very satisfying, after having read descriptions of it all my life. I would have been happy to have more time in both places and skipped the Cotswolds stop. Our guide was entertaining and incredibly knowledgable. His pride in Oxford was pretty charming. This is a fairly expensive tour, but the smaller bus really does give you a more personal experience. My only complaint is that they didn't drop us off where they'd picked us up. If I'd known I was going to have to cross town after traveling all day, I would have at least brought my Oyster card.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were a group of 11 led by Jose.
He was very friendly and personable. He entertained us while driving with interesting facts and things to see. We were told exactly where we were headed and how much time we would have at each site.
The first stop was Stonehenge. While we couldn't go into the stone circle, we went around the site along the path. Listened to the audio tour and took some good pictures. We had about 1.5 hours which was enough time.
The second site was Bath. The 1 hour 45 min was just enough time to visit the Roman bath and the church. If you are quick about it, you can take a short walk around the peaceful town.
The final stop was Windsor Castle. Depending on the time of the year (the round tower doesn't allow visitors all year round), you may feel that you won't have enough time to see everything. We had close to 2 hours there.
It was a full day but we had fun. Jose did a great job.
I wish we had more time but we knew what we signed on for.

2  Thank sonia_saari
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We knew what we signed up for. Every day, up early, find the bus, all day see the sights. This tour was great. Modern coach, good driver who never stopped talking, informing. Saw 3 big sights, just enough time at each. Lunch on the road, home in time for an unrushed dinner. Thanx, Jose’!

Reviewed October 4, 2018

This tour was the best, David was very accommodating to the needs of seven in our seventies. I gave this a 4 only because his van broke down and we were about two hours late leaving Southhampton, But the company sent TWO taxis to come get us and all our luggage at the port. The rest of the day was perfect, got to see all we had hoped for, and David was a wealth of information, and granted us an extra pit stop. He drove us to our B&B in London, and suggested we take the train from Victoria station for our trip to Gatwick the next morning. This saved us a lot of money and was so much quicker than a taxi. I have already recommended this company to Friends and Family.

1  Thank NanaToGo
Reviewed October 3, 2018

We booked the International Friends Tour from Southampton cruise port to Salisbury, Stonehenge, and Windsor ending at Heathrow Airport post cruise. Their staff at the Cruise Port were organized, buses were on time and loaded quickly. Our guide Stephen provided us with a lot of information before we arrived at each site and told us how to maximize our time. It was a day well spent (8hrs approx) and very cost effective when one takes into consideration we visited 3 attractions plus were transported to Heathrow airport. We also had a great driver (Sept 29). The only downside was in order to meet the tour operator at 8:15 am we had to take our 2 suitcases and 2 overnight bags off the ship without assistance. Luggage isn't available in the luggage hall until after 830. I would have preferred a departure time at 9am.

1  Thank prairie1
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Our group of 5 took the Pre-Cruise excursion to Stonehenge, and we were very pleased. Our host / guide on the bus provided an excellent monologue of information as we drove from London to Stonehenge, and made it smooth and easy to get our tickets to the attraction. We didn't feel rushed at all during the visit to Stonehenge, and we arrived at the cruise ship in Southampton right on schedule.

Overall this was an outstanding opportunity to see the famed Stonehenge in conjunction with a transfer from London to our cruise ship - highly recommended!