“Great food, great service! Third trip and counting...”
Review of Chapters

Chapters
Reserve with OpenTable
Chapters is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,751 of 22,834 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
London
“Great food, great service! Third trip and counting...”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We are big fans of chapters, as we have been 3 times this year and just love it! The food is always excellent quality. We have never been rushed off our table, and are always left to enjoy food at our pace! The service is great, they are happy to accommodate changes to bookings where possible and are as helpful as they can be.

We went again on Saturday 21st September, before going to the 02, to see Rod Stewart, because the restaurants in the o2 are just too busy and food quality nothing like here.
We both had a starter of scallops, which were perfectly cooked and just gorgeous. Mains of steak and pane of pulled pork - again, faultlessly cooked, loads of flavour. The pork came with mustard mash, and sauteed cabbage and pancetta - MMMMMmmmmmm is all that needs to be said abotu how it went down!

Desserts were great too, chocolate fondant and chocolate brownie sundae. Thoroughly enjoyed all of these and left feeling very stuffed!

Service was excellent, with the staff being friendly, and efficient at the same time. We did have to wait a little longer than expected to order our desserts, and get their attention - but they were busy with the evening diners starting to arrive in full force - so happy to forgive that - and we most certainly will be returning!

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently good breakfast”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've eaten at Chapters over 30 times. Breakfast is consistently good. Reasonable pricing too.
Staff are accommodating for families with young kids. The place is always buzzing. Book in advance to be sure but walk-ins are usually seated pretty soon after arrival.
My favourite breakfast item: Eggs Benedict

London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had breakfast at Chapters on Sunday morning and it was amazing.

I had the breakfast risotto and it was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had!

The service was attentive and professional.

I seriously can't wait to go back.

Manchester
“Celebrating graduation!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We dined this week at the restaurant and had a very enjoyable meal,were well looked after by attentive staff and imbibed a nice bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc followed by a Chilean version.There were three of us and we had as starters goat's cheese crottin,quail and the fresh grilled mackerel salad.To follow came the spatchcocked chicken,hake and something veggie for my daughter!Only one dessert... a good sticky toffee pudding.This came to £125 plus the optional service charge which brought the total to £141 and some pence.Good value for money and a very enjoyable evening.Just one annoyance in Manchester and Cheshire I rarely find the optional service charge already added to the bill and ,if the total is about what one mentally thought it to be,rarely check in detail.I normally add 10% as a tip.This is exactly what I did here and what was really annoying was that the Maitre d' and our waiter both clearly saw this £14 being left on the table without saying a word about the already included service charge.I imagine they were laughing their socks off at another bumpkin paying some £30 tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London, United Kingdom
“I've got your money b*gger off”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Arrived without a booking, seated quickly in the downstairs area, Nobody offered to take my coat so I put it on the bench next to me. Menus arrived very quickly, We made our choices of mains, I went for a burger and triple fried chips and my fella chose the pork belly. Bread arrived on a board with tongs, lots of different types to choose from but only served half a slice. Wine arrived, again ok and fairly pricey.

The main course arrived VERY hot but OK. nothing major to write home about. The chips served with both our meals were more like oblong chunks of potato and rather waxy served in a tower like Jenga with about 10 chips per serving. My burger was almost impossible to eat as it was so tall skewered in place on a board, it was tasty but let down by a very cheap burger bun. Desert was nice, good portion and tasty.

However when we asked for our bill, it arrived, my partner paid, approx £65 for 2 of the cheaper mains, desert and wine, and the waiter nodded, handed over the receipt and turned away. No thank you, no goodnight, nothing. We both looked at each other and got up to leave. To be fair, as we walked out through the upper salon, other waiters smiled and wished us good night but our waiters attitude left a sour taste.

1 Thank Moneypenny2k