“Consistently good breakfast”

London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Consistently good breakfast”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've eaten at Chapters over 30 times. Breakfast is consistently good. Reasonable pricing too.
Staff are accommodating for families with young kids. The place is always buzzing. Book in advance to be sure but walk-ins are usually seated pretty soon after arrival.
My favourite breakfast item: Eggs Benedict

“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had breakfast at Chapters on Sunday morning and it was amazing.

I had the breakfast risotto and it was honestly one of the best meals I have ever had!

The service was attentive and professional.

I seriously can't wait to go back.

Manchester
“Celebrating graduation!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We dined this week at the restaurant and had a very enjoyable meal,were well looked after by attentive staff and imbibed a nice bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc followed by a Chilean version.There were three of us and we had as starters goat's cheese crottin,quail and the fresh grilled mackerel salad.To follow came the spatchcocked chicken,hake and something veggie for my daughter!Only one dessert... a good sticky toffee pudding.This came to £125 plus the optional service charge which brought the total to £141 and some pence.Good value for money and a very enjoyable evening.Just one annoyance in Manchester and Cheshire I rarely find the optional service charge already added to the bill and ,if the total is about what one mentally thought it to be,rarely check in detail.I normally add 10% as a tip.This is exactly what I did here and what was really annoying was that the Maitre d' and our waiter both clearly saw this £14 being left on the table without saying a word about the already included service charge.I imagine they were laughing their socks off at another bumpkin paying some £30 tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!

London, United Kingdom
“I've got your money b*gger off”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Arrived without a booking, seated quickly in the downstairs area, Nobody offered to take my coat so I put it on the bench next to me. Menus arrived very quickly, We made our choices of mains, I went for a burger and triple fried chips and my fella chose the pork belly. Bread arrived on a board with tongs, lots of different types to choose from but only served half a slice. Wine arrived, again ok and fairly pricey.

The main course arrived VERY hot but OK. nothing major to write home about. The chips served with both our meals were more like oblong chunks of potato and rather waxy served in a tower like Jenga with about 10 chips per serving. My burger was almost impossible to eat as it was so tall skewered in place on a board, it was tasty but let down by a very cheap burger bun. Desert was nice, good portion and tasty.

However when we asked for our bill, it arrived, my partner paid, approx £65 for 2 of the cheaper mains, desert and wine, and the waiter nodded, handed over the receipt and turned away. No thank you, no goodnight, nothing. We both looked at each other and got up to leave. To be fair, as we walked out through the upper salon, other waiters smiled and wished us good night but our waiters attitude left a sour taste.

1 Thank Moneypenny2k
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Only go if you don't mind waiting all morning for your breakfast!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We went for a celebratory breakfast on Sunday with two other couples and our three children all under 15 months. It started off well with water and some coffees, then when my husband ordered the smoothie of the day it went a little tits up - with the wrong one arriving so we had to wait for the other to be made. After 25 mins we asked where our food was and they replied that 'it was the next one to come out'. We had all ordered the same 6 full English breakfasts so no difficulties there for the kitchen staff. After 35 mins we asked again and was given the same reply that it was coming - no other explanation. We were asking as we noticed people eating who had arrived after us. We were getting a little impatient as the children were becoming unsettled and restless which isn't relaxing for parents -so they had to be taken out their chairs for a little walk around the restaurant. We then ordered more coffees and smoothies as we were actually really hungry. The only conversation at this point that we could have was where is our food as it was dramatically late now and we were really hungry as it was 12:30 and we arrived at 11 am also we all had places to be in the afternoon hence why we had met for breakfast. Our drinks had also not turned up so we had to remind them what we had ordered again, as you can imagine it was quite embarrassing at this point. In the end our food arrived after 55 mins from ordering. The table was jam packed with coffee cups, smoothie glasses, glasses for sparkling water our breakfast plates plus a side of beans each , plus a further side of mushrooms each and toast racks with butter bowls and condiments. It was the strangest overcrowded table I'd ever seen very comical- obviously we had to ask if the table could be cleared of finished and unneeded crockery. On a positive the breakfast was fabulous and very tasty and by far the best in the village - just a shame about the service!It was such a bad experience that I don't think that we would go back as at the end of the day breakfast is breakfast no biggy.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Chapters? Share your experiences!