“Modern British food and steaks mainly. Rich flavours. Daily specials. Smart casual.”
Review of Chapters

Chapters
Ranked #1,905 of 23,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
SE London
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Starters from butternut soup to quail to scallops all packed with taste. Mains porcini tagliatelle, venison, chicken with puy lentils all perfectly cooked. Excellent rice pudding, apple and pear crumble. Friendly similing service. Buzzy atmosphere but easy to talk. Downstair is just as nice as upstairs just slightly different ambience.

• Visited March 2013

Surrey
“Nothing to shout about!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Went for a Saturday early evening meal to Chapters. This restaurant is furnished in a contempory sort of style. The waiter was very pleasant, the menue has a good variety of dishes, they seem to pride themselves in their pricy steaks.
We had 2 starters, hubby had a steak, I had the house burger, we shared a bottle of wine and my husband had a bottle of Peroni, total cost £89, a service charge added but optional(bit cheeky)
Personally I thought the food lacked in flavour all around, the steak is overpriced and do not come with a side salad or chips!!
The starters all range in about £9.99.
There is plenty of parking in the area but very busy at the time we arrived 4pm Sat.You have to drive around a few times to find a space and pay top dollar for parking while dining there.
Would I return? No and I would not recommend this restaurant to family or friends, the reason been highly priced food without real flavour.

• Visited March 2013
“Chapters: need to turn a new chapter??”
Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

The food is reliably good - does have some stand out dishes and a great breakfast but I can't help thinking the menu is a bit too static, could do with more frequent changes. The prices however are good - would be much more if closer into town. Last time I was there we had a really nice meal with a great waiter called Bivu.

London, United Kingdom
“Best steak in Blackheath”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We went to Chapters for the first time after years of walking past it. As we were just entering the front doors, a patron was walking out and mentioned to us "the food is great, you won't be disappointed". We took that as a hint to give this place a real go. It was quite a pleasant surprise, as I never really looked into the restaurant from their windows. It was very modern and fancy enough, but not stuffy. The wait staff was friendly and service was prompt. Their cocktails were delicious but a bit pricey, £8 for quite a small glass. We were blown away at the quality and flavours of the dishes we had. We had a scallop starter which was phenomenal. Never had I tasted such a wonderful combination of scallops, bacon and apple puree. The burger was top class and with perfect chunky chips. The Angus steak was divine, full of flavor by itself, and I decided the sauce on the side was unnecessary. It was big on flavour but was the smallest steak I had ever seen! Slightly underwhelmed about that, but it was counterbalanced by its deliciousness (still wished it could have been a bit of a bigger piece...).
That being said, I had tried the Cotê steak as well, which was bigger in size, but the flavour and quality was not as good as the steak at Chapters. Chapters still has the best steak in Blackheath!

Overall, all dishes were great, and highly recommend it. Would go back and try the breakfast, or lunch as well.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“If the food was as quickly served as the bill...”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We tried this restaurant for Sunday lunch and were indeed intrigued about the interesting choices on the menu. The prices are reasonable too. Without a doubt, the food is good. I do recommend the Venison burger- the taste is out of this world. The desserts however lacked in taste and were nothing special. I wish the brownie was served warm- it would definitely add to the taste.
What was extremely disappointing, however, was the service. It was one of the slowest places I have ever been too. Yes, there is a really relaxed atmosphere but waiting almost 40min for a meal to be served is too long. We wanted to go for a quick Sunday lunch and ended up being there for nearly two hours! However, it only took them 5min to present the bill to us. Of course they had added an optional service charge onto the bill which I find rather annoying.

• Visited February 2013