“great fun”
Review of Soho Comedy Club

Soho Comedy Club
Ranked #112 of 378 Fun & Games in London
More attraction details
Owner description: In the heart of London's theatre land, Soho Comedy Club offers the best of London comedy, in the opulent surroundings of Leicester Square's Empire Casino. With a new comedy line-up in store every Saturday night and shows running at The Prince of Wales (Covent Garden) Friday and Saturday a little later, SCC has been voted London's friendliest comedy club, & named a top 10 club by Time Out for its consistently high quality and innovative shows.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

we droped by the place on the last minute since we couldnt get tickets to the comedy store
the.
the place has a neighborhoody kinda feel to it which we liked the staff were really friendly from the moment we walked through the door and asked about the comedy club (since all you see is a packed pub ) so the lovely bartender directed us to the lower floor where we were greeted by the lovely hostess which marked gave us a mark after paying the entry fee to the comedy event
the stage is nice and the acts were funny we enjoyed every moment

after the comedy was over we got free shots had a little chat with the comedians and left with a big smile

1  Thank Mahmoud H
David M, Owner at Soho Comedy Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review. Pop down for a drink at any time.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I wanted to see Wayne Deakin in September. The box office page on their website advertised this as a Wayne Deakin show, it was also advertised in Time Out magazine too - i booked two tickets.
I later saw on another website that another major act was performing the same night, without Wayne Deakin. Confused, i called a guy called Kevin King who manages Soho Comedy Club, whos mobile number was on the contact page of the website. He advises me that Wayne Deakin had pulled out and apologised for the incorrect adverting. Which is fair enough, thing happen out of our control sometimes.
I asked for a refund and he told me to email my address so he could forward a chq.
2 months past, no chq. Within these 2 months, i emailed 3 times - no response. Called 4 times, got through to him the fourth time and left messages the other times. To which he acted shocked i hadn't received it. He told me he would chase up his accounts guy and sort it out, the chq would be with me within the week.
2 weeks later, no chq.
I call again, 3rd attempt i get through after calling over and over again to try get his attention. He says he will send it via bank transfer. I email him my account details and tells me it will be in my account before the weekend. This was last week. Still nothing and he is not picking up the phone.

He still has my money, 3 months on. Will i get it back? Who knows? Terrible customer service.

4  Thank Lloyd C
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I would just like to say a big thankyou for a first class night out at your club. It was my Daughters birthday so it was a family outing to London. I might add that my Son and Daughter are both young adults. All the staff were so polite and helpful and acts 1st class. The only downside to the whole evening were 3/4 ESSEX women who had too much to drink and became very loud, to the point they had to leave. Having said that, I will definitely visit you again.Thanks again for a fantastic night out.

1  Thank Roger H

Thank you for this review it really does mean the world when our efforts are noticed, please do come back and say Hi. Sometimes that happens with audience members we do try our hardest to tame to loud ones might we add. Thankyou :)

Reviewed November 5, 2013

I came along to the comedy night on Saturday 2nd for my birthday. My other half knows i love live stand up comedy so it was the perfect present. Since moving down south it has been difficult finding a decent comedy night outside of London. However, after my experience on Saturday I think I have found one. There was a brilliant compare (Jools Constant) and 3 top acts (Andrew Watts, Jason Patterson and Ria Lina)

The night didn't start as planned as the mic didn't work. This meant the comedians had to raise their voice at times. However, as it was a small room we could still hear (as long as the drunks didnt heckle or talk to their mates). All the comedians carried on regardless and did a brilliant job. I will definitely be going back each month. The night is held at the Rendevous Casino so afterwards you can have a bet on one of the tables. I would highly recommend this night for anyone who loves LIVE stand up. Also, its a billy bargain at only £10. Roll on 7th December :-)

2  Thank Rob T

Thank you for such an informative review! We are thrilled that you had such a wonderful time and that you are now a regular customer :)

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We really enjoyed the comedy club, the comedians were so funny. The venue is small and unique. I will definitely be coming back again.

1  Thank Megan2521

Hello Megan thank you for taking the time to write us a review it is much appreciated and we are very happy you enjoyed one of our shows.