“Fantastic tapas”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Description: Set high above the bustle of Regent Street on the fifth floor of the famous former Dickins & Jones building, aqua london is one of the capital's most unique and exciting drinking and dining destinations with its two restaurants, cocktail bar and stunning roof terraces. Aqua kyoto is a unique Japanese restaurant showcasing chef Paul Greening's innovative cuisine. An extensive menu of beautifully-presented sushi and sashimi is complemented by creative hot dishes combining the highest quality British produce with Paul's contemporary technique. A central sushi bar and open sumibiyaki charcoal grill combine with sleek black and red decor to create a sense of theatre in keeping with aqua kyoto's location in the heart of the West End. Pass the Pamplona bull that seems to charge at you along the sultrily-lit corridor and find yourself in aqua nueva, offering Spanish dining at its finest. Here chef Alberto Hernandez presents a modern take on traditional northern Spanish cuisine, reinterpreting classic dishes in exciting new ways. Meanwhile at London's first dedicated Cava Bar guests can order from a menu of delicious tapas while enjoying a glass of cava from an extensive list. At the heart of aqua london is aqua spirit and its charcoal-ringed bar representing Zen purity. Perennially popular as a destination for beginning, ending or spending an evening, at aqua spirit master mixologists serve up some of the finest cocktails in London. Aqua spirit boasts two hidden gems - outdoor terraces with stunning views over London's rooftops, perfect places to relax and refresh.
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Great food and drinks selection if not a bit on the expensive side. Great for business or lunch/dinner with friends

There are newer reviews for Aqua Kyoto

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We love Japanese food and couldn't get into Roka, which is our favourite restaurant in London as left it too late too book. Aqua Kyoto is a very cool place but probably too cool really and takes itself extremely seriously - as the service and hostesses were just too disinterested in customers which isn't good enough for a place like this which is very expensive and so, should be excellent all round. It has a really good atmosphere - the bar is hopping and every table was full. Service was patchy at best - we waited a really long time for drinks and food orders to be taken - the wrong food was eventually brought out, although I have to say it was incredibly good food- we were just a party of two so we could hear each other but other tables had to shout at each other and tables on either side of us had a lot of troubnle getting served when they wanted more drinks and food! our waitress, like the hostesses was disinterested, the service in a place like this should be slick, attentive and knowledgable, it wasn't. When we were leaving I was treated to a look of distain by one of the hostesses who dropped my coat on the reception table - not OK - (Big coat as had been to a rugby match) it was 100 pounds a head and we shared a bottle of good wine. Would I go back? No. Did I have a nice time - yes - Would I recommend?, - maybe if you are 20!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Having visited a few places for sushi I chose Aqua Kyoto to have a quiet birthday meal with my friends.

Atmosphere was different than I had expected, didn't have a drink at the bar but it was busy but seemed like a place to be.

The food was nice but not as Japan-esy as I would expect at all honesty. Typical lobster and wagyu beef dishes were present and eaten. But I liked the ice cream and was surprised at the flavors. I like this place.

Perhaps I will return for a drink next time. I enjoy that the restaurant was on the 5th floor and the balcony/smoking area seemed nice. Shame it was too cold at the time.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Worth eating here if you can book the 3 course set menu deal. The bar seems much more popular than the restaurant! We had dinner here quite early at around 7pm and there was no music then.

1  Thank AKWShix
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were recommended this place and probably had the best sushi ever. Service was good and the atmosphere was excellent. The music was a bit loud, which made it hard to have a conversation. However, this did not spoil the experience.

All in all a night and meal to remember.

If you like a quite restaurant do not go here, if you are looking for a trendy spot with the best sushi in town then this is the place to be.