“OK”

L'Artista Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #3,504 of 23,041 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lively place, family orientated, real italian.
Newry, United Kingdom
“OK”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

I was immediately impressed by how many people were there to eat at 6:00 pm so was looking forward to the meal.........Pollo Cacciatora was standard ok not as well flavoured as I'd hoped. The saute potatoes were lovely maybe even better than home cooked. House Rose wine was ok too.
Staff were all very nice - the food was served quickly and efficiently. I really wanted this place to be beyond superb - it wasn't - sadly. Biggest issue I had was the fact they had the service charge already on the bill. I think in the UK this should still be discretionary I would have left a tip. Maybe even more than the 10% they charged but when its added for me I don't feel compelled to leave a cash tip on the table. I left with the impression that my husband could do a better job on the chicken dish....................

• Korean first
“Disgraceful people”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Some time ago, we used to be regular visitors to this restaurant until the service started to deteriorate. On one occasion, we refused to leave a tip and as we left, the waiter came running after us in the street, shouting and complaining and made a huge fuss. I vowed never to go again but we recently decided to return to see if matters had improved. After we had sat down and ordered, I asked the waiter for some tap water, at which point he said he remembered us not leaving a tip the last time. We were astounded at such audacity and rudeness and immediately left - to the sound of his rude comments in our ears. Needless to say, we certainly will never return.

6 Thank Astounded2014
“Great Pasta & Pizzas”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

A good local Italian restaurant, very authentic, with a large menu, and always crowded. The service is good. The portions are quite large - the garlic bread would be sufficient for three or four people, and the pizzas are large enough to share between two. The prices are very reasonable. Only problem is that the music is loud - you sometimes have to shout to be heard, especially when they play "Happy Birthday"! Not a place for a quiet romantic evening, but good for a casual night out with friends.

“Bellisimo!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I love Italian food, and I like it rustic, homely and a big portion and L'Artista does not disappoint.
Sergio, the AC Milan supporting waiter had the right level of charm and cheekiness and enjoyed mine and my wife's efforts at ordering in Italian.
We had the Vegetarian Antipasti with flatbread to start, large portion and the tomato and garlic flatbread was heavenly.

We then shared a Genovese Pizza with fresh pesto and Bucatini alla Puttenesca, with anchovies and capers, a lovely rich sauce.Enough to feed 4 comfortably.
If you like Italian food, ditch the 'chain restaurants' and get out to Golders Green.

I have travelled and holidayed extensively in Italy and this is as good as anything I've had in Bella Italia.

I will be back as soon as I can

Ged and Bronagh Williams, Liverpool, England

“Does not disappoint”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Have been coming to this restaurant for a number of years and it always delivers. Nearly always crowded but waiters/waistresses do their best even if you do have to wait! The food is always good and reasonably priced.

• Visited July 2014