L'Artista Ristorante Pizzeria
Ranked #3,570 of 23,689 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lively place, family orientated, real italian.
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

L'artista in Golders Green is my favorite Italian Restaurant in London. I live in Birmingham and when i am in London i always make sure to come here to eat here. My partner and i absolutely love it. The atmosphere, the food, the menu....everything. Staff always very nice and friendly. We went for lunch yesterday and we love it so much that we came back for dinner!. Gorgeous soups. The pasta e ceci was even better than my mums!. We both had a pizza and they were gorgeous. At dinner time we opted for some salads. Seafood salad for me. Amazing huge prawns and the mix of squid and octopus in a light salad was absolutely divine. Tuna and mozzarella for my partner. Tasty and delicate. Prices are fair and even though the 10% sc is added, we think its well worth. Well done at l'Artista, a true Italian experience.Now you only need to open one in Birmingham please!

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Went there with 5 friends. We were a bunch of Chinese looking students speaking English, had ordered a bottle of wine, and ordered 6 dishes to share between us, which was fairly unusual in the western world.
The food was very reasonably priced for Italian, and the portions were big and very filling. We had the mussels for starters, lovely sauce, two pizzas and three pasta dishes. The wine complemented the meal very well.
The waiters, and customers, were very fascinated by us. A customer asked to take a picture of our dishes on the table, another stopped to ask us the underlying question: Where are we from? The waiters kept hovering around our table, and we were offered free candy floss when we were leaving. By the time we left, we had accumulated a small crowd of waiters and waitresses around us, we still don't know why were they so interested in our "exoticness".

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

The food and service at L'Artista are excellent.

Three of us had lunch and we were served promptly and with a smile! The restaurant wasn't particularly busy, but when we left about half one pm it was beginning to fill up.

My sons love quite basic pasta and I couldn't see anything on the menu with just tomato and basil. I asked the waitress about it and nothing was too much trouble; the chef knocked up the pasta for them specially and they loved it. They ate almost all of it, which is unusual!

The only thing I would say about the food is though that the portions are massive so order less than you think you'll need; we ended up leaving loads because we were full.

I found the actual restaurant a bit depressing though and that is why I gave it at three; the decor could really do with an update and the 90's classics playing just contributed to what I felt was a bit of a depressing environment.

The owners could really do with redecorating and laying slightly more upbeat/ neg released singles.

However, the good and service were really good, and my sons loved it, so we will be returning!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Have eaten out a lot in North Finchley but never hear before for some unknown reason My daughter and I liked it very much. Food hot and tasty and service very attentive. Almost felt like you were at home. We will be back.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

We have been there quite a few times and enjoy every time. Went thereon 19th December for my sons 20th birthday and he came first time and thoroughly enjoyed the food and the experience. We are vegetarian and they look after you. They can do the fried Mozorella without anchovies - delicious. Pizza delicious. We enjoy the penne with the Gorgonzola and broccoli. that has become our favoruite and Pene Arabiata. They bring the olives and at the end given some fruit , nuts in shell and a liquor Free of charge. Very friendly and yep as they say , you could feel you are in Italy