“A city break to remember”

Premier Inn London Victoria Hotel
Ranked #197 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Bangor, United Kingdom
“A city break to remember”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Having only been in London previously on business trips I decided to take my family to see the sights.
We looked for a central location which covered arrival / trip / departure with the least possible hassle (having two young children who understand the I'm bored / tired words only too well!) We came across the Premier Inn, Victoria which fitted all criteria. What a choice, The location was ideal, the comfort was impeccable with the pillows the best I have found over the last ten years outside my own home. No mushy pillows here!! The Premier Inn has succeeded in turning a Victorian building into a successful hotel in the centre of London at an affordable price. This made our short break to London a most enjoyable experience, a path which we will be retracing in the next year

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank thegonzag

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 4, 2011

You can tell this wasn't built from the ground up as a Premier Inn. According to google streetview this was a 'Quality Hotel' until recently. However Premier Inn have done a good job of gutting an redoing it to Premier Inn standards. However some original features remain and the rooms seem to be a strange size and layout compared to normal Premier Inns.

My room had a desk straight ahead of my as I opened the door and behind that was the bathroom with the bed to the left. But it all functioned perfectly well and the room was spotlessly clean and I had a good nights sleep both nights.

Some small issues - The right hand side of the bed seemed to be on a slope! I was on my own so slept on the other side. The shower - in common with many Premier Inn's, was completely pathetic, if you've got all soaped up it's going to be a good few minutes to get rinsed off!

The windows don't open however there is air conditioning I'd personally prefer the window open a crack, but that's a minor issue.

Breakfast was nice in the downstairs restaurant, but poor value for £8.50.

The area was ideal for us, right near Victoria station and plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

If I'm on business in London again (which is quite likely) this hotel will be my first choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark1978
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed here overnight on a business trip with a colleague. My room as usual with the Premier Inn was immaculate, a good size and had all the functionality i needed, although it took me a while to find the remote for the TV.

Although we work in IT we had to have someone show us how to use the self service check in systems as they weren't very user friendly.

We decided to take advantage of the meal deal and had a 3 course meal in the hotel. We were there for some time as it took a long time for our meals to be brought to us and our plates to be cleared. We were constantly asked if everything was ok.. once we were asked if the meal was ok three times over the starter however they forgot our drinks several times. By the time it came to dessert we didn't want it and asked if we could have another drink instead but were told no we have to pay for dessert whether we wanted it or not. A lot of the staff were wearing badges to indicate they were under training.

I slept well without interfearence from noise outside (or inside) and had a lovely breakfast. Its a shame the evening meal service let the place down.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SueySueySuey
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Great location, very clean and comfortable. Friendly welcome by staff who were very helpful. I had a really good sleep, very quiet. Room temperature good and controllable. I had a full length mirror in my room which is great for preparing for a night out. Not the easiest to find, but saying that I have a generally bad sense of direction. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Poppet89
Dublin
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I found this hotel brilliant and would highly recommend it. The staff were very friendly, a lovely smiley receptionist greeted us on arrival and there was a friendly smile at breakfast time. The room was clean, warm and there was plenty of space - the beds were brilliant, so comfy, I had an amazing sleep. The bathroom was perfectly clean. The breakfast was brilliant - lots to choose from. The location was great too, very close to Victoria and a supermarket for those who want to pick up a few bits to keep them going. I wasn't in London for site seeing, but it would be a brilliant spot to base yourself if you did want to go site seeing. I will most definitely stay here again.

2 Thank IrishAis
Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Having being continually alarmed at the increase in hotel prices in London for what are essentially shoebox rooms in some fairly grotty buildings on our previous visits this time around we decided to go for the perennial favourite of the business traveller - the Premier Inn. We have stopped in many Premier Inn's around the country all with comfort, peaceful and convenience enjoyed so we went to London hoping for the same - we were not disappointed. A superb location just 5 minutes walk from London Victoria station but that fact that this is down a side street meant that as soon as you stepped off the busy and noisy Wilton Road it was peaceful, light and airy and very quiet. Very friendly helpful staff, comfortable spacious rooms and quite possibly the quietest nights sleep we have had in a hotel - especially in London and doubly on a Friday and Saturday night.

Breakfast is reasonable, plentiful and efficient and has put this hotel firmly at the top of our list for whenever we are in London.

For info - the hotel is 10-15 mins walk to Buckingham Palace, 30 mins to Trafalgar Square, Westminster or in the opposite direction, 30 mins to Knightsbridge, Hyde Park and the Royal Albert Hall.

2 Thank andysteve01
Rainham Kent
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Brilliant hotel. We scoured the reviews before going and they all talked this place right up. But honestly, they did not not tell the half of it. 12 out of 10 overall at this brilliant hotel. Perhaps 13 for the breakfast sausages. Great location for the West End and yet so quiet. It amazes me that Premier staff wherever you go are of such a consistantly high standard. Always the right balance of chummyness and efficiency. A sparkling performance from all concerned. Ok then, 14 for the staff.

1 Thank Pauline C