“Best stay I've ever had...”

Premier Inn London Victoria Hotel
Ranked #203 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 13, 2011

I chose the Premier Inn Victoria after a particularly unimpressive stay at the Marylebone Travelodge a month previous. At first I was put off by the price, it seemed a little steep for what is billed as a budget hotel chain. However, I can now confirm that I think they earned every penny.
First off, it was so close to the Victoria rail and bus stations it was absolutely ideally situated. I was warmly greeted by a member of staff who helpfully took me through their check in process. As a lone female traveller they made me feel incredibly safe, never saying my room number aloud and to get to the corridors and lifts you need a room key to swipe for access.
Making my way to my room I instantly knew I'd made the right decision. My room was comfy, clean, tidy and well equipped. It was miles better than the Travelodge in every single aspect. The room had a nicely sized freeview tv, well stocked tea and coffee facilities, a nice hot powerful shower, plenty extra towels and pillows, adjustable temperature control.
I opted for their current meal deal through the website when I booked - £22 for a 3 course evening meal with a drink and unlimited breakfast the next morning. Food was tasty, appetising, good choice and amazing value. If you get the chance, take up this offer, I doubt you'll be disappointed!
Now for the staff. All I can say is, Ive always told my american boyfriend that British customer service is shockingly bad. My previous trip to the Travelodge was no exception to this rule... However, Premier Inn changed the rules and set the bar so high. I was staying overnight for a visa interview and panicked when I realised I hadnt photocopied 1 of my pieces of evidence. I went downstairs to ask if they had a photocopier and if possible, could I pay to use it. She smiled and said it was absolutely no problem, there would be no charge and she was happy to help. Result! They booked me a taxi with a smile, answered all my queries about timing and distances, very helpful people. Then for my eveing meal, the young lady in the bar was very nice, polite, attentive, she checked on me to make sure everything was ok, everything was served in good time, not rushed at all or left waiting too long between courses.
Happy as can be I left my evening meal that night with a liquor coffee in hand to watch tv in my extremely comfy bed. Curtains blacked out all the light and the hotel was so quiet, couldnt hear fellow guests or any traffic, making for a really great sleep.
Overall, I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel. The staff are exemplary, food is superb, service outstanding and the rooms comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank lindseyr84

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely review of London Victoria Premier Inn and that we have restored your faith in the British customer service.
At London Victoria and indeed all Premier Inn's we pride ourselves in ensuring that all guests feel valued and aim to make sure that you have an enjoyable stay in our hotels. We are happy that we met your expectations and I have passed on these comments to my team..
I hope your Visa interview went well and glad that we were able to help with the photocoping. and we look forward in welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

The Premier Inn Victoria is the perfect place to stay in London. Central in location, exemplary in service and excellent staff who couldn't do enough for you. Good value-for-money breakfast would set us up for the day. Comfortable beds, tea & coffee, hairdryer and shower gel provided.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Moraira5

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at London Victoria Premier Inn and that you found the team made sure you had an excellent experience. I am glad that you enjoyed your breakfast value for money perhaps on your next visit you can take advantage of our Meal deal
( 3 course meal and breakfast all for £22.00) I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

so comfortable and cosy. loved it. the only down side is that you have to go outside for a cigarette and we all know how cold it can get. not very nice first thing in the morning having to put on 3 jackets and freeze your ears off just to have a smoke. But other than that it's a really nice place

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear guest

Thank you for your recent comments on tripadvisor about your time with us at London Victoria Premier Inn. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
At Premier Inn we operate a no smoking policy however at some Premier Inn's there is an outside area that is designated for smoking but because of the location of Victoria we are not able to provide this. I understand that with the British weather this can be uncomfortable sometimes.
We look forward in welcoming you back again at Premier Inn soon.

Reviewed July 12, 2011

at the end of our holiday we had 6 more nights to spend in London so needed somewhere reasonably priced. the location meant we could still get about London very easily. the rooms are very clean and also very basic, but when you're out most of the time who cares? drinks at the bar are very good value.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank sspants

Dear guest
Thank you for your recent comments on your stay at London Victoiria Premier Inn. We pride ourselves on clean and comfortable rooms serving quality meals and drinks that are great value for money.
I am glad that you enjoyed your time in london and with us. I look forward in welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Just returned from 9 days in London, a girls outing with my sister, and stayed at the Premier Inn London Victoria - Loved it. I know it is not a 5 star establishment, however, for the type of vacation for most people in London, i.e., involving historical sightseeing, museum, shows, palances, castles... etc. You shouldn't be spending much time in your hotel. I stayed at a couple of Marriott (Marriott County Hall and Marriott Marble Arch) since I didn't know much about London hotels. They were overpriced and not as good as Premier Inn. It's location is fantastic, it is clean, comfortable, quiet, and has everything you need to start your busy day of sightseeing and end of day glass of wine and sleep. I found the Kiosk check-in refreshing and easy and the bar is modern and reasonablly priced - food is not bad either.
It was a little hard to find when we arrived at night, but in reality it is only 1.5 block from Victoria Train Station, Underground, and the coach station (similar to US grayhound bus station). If you are arriving in Heathrow airport during non-rush hours, a direct National Express Coach bus is available from Terminal 3 Bus station to Victoria Coach Station 45 mins which would only cost you 5 pounds one way, 9 pounds roundtrip - compare to the taxi ride we had previously of 75 pounds, that was true bargain. Otherwise, you can take the express train to central london or the underground also direct from Terminal 3 that would require connections. The full english buffet is usually included in the room rate and even though it is stationed at a small area, it has a full array of eggs, ham, susages, pastries, yogart, cereal, fruits and tons of beverages. We typically had a big breakfast before heading out for a full day of sightseeing. The hotel is also very close (within 5 mins) walking to Buckingham Palace and Westminister Abbey.
I selected this hotel because it is so close to Victoria Coach station which is where all (at least based on my research) of the day-trip sightseeing tours departs. We were able to walk (less than 5 mins) to our tour departure bus (without having to deal with hotel pickup and transfers) for our Windsor, Avon, Oxford, Stonehenge, and Warwick tours. That was a huge plus. Another thing is, even though the hotel is so close to a busy street, it was very quiet at night and you don't hear any of your neighbors. I think I have said enough about this place. If I was going to another one of my caribbean vacation, I would select a different type of hotel, ones with lots of activies, services, and facilities onsite, but this is London... you should plan on getting out easily.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank LITSBostonMA

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at London Victoria Premier inn and that you found our location excellent for sightseeing . I am so glad that you able to pack so much in during your stay.
At Premier Inn we take pride in ensuring that our rooms are clean and comfortable and are really happy we met your expectations.
I have passed on your comments to our team.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

Positives: Room was clean, quiet, with modern amenities. Our room faced the green square. It's a few minute walk to Victoria station making it a great place from which to get information and catch buses to take you wherever you need to go. Groceries and pharmacy at the station as well.
Negatives: Lobby and ground floor smelled strongly of the sewer the first few days and then, thankfully, it cleared up. Bring your own toiletries: shampoo, bar soap, face cloth, sewing kit. Reception staff friendly but not very knowledgeable (they didn't know the greenspace nearby was for residents with keys only or where the National Express office was (it's on Buckingham palace road) or other London basics. Internet is not free and the connection is sluggish. Do your research beforehand or get info at Victoria station. They're great and they give you all sorts of maps. Other tip -- when we landed at Heathrow we went to a booth called BHRC - British Hotel Reservation Centre. Do not use this service! They double charged us for theatre tickets and for a cabl to town. Their desk looks like a regular tourist bureau welcome desk but beware of high add-on fees.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank travelwithinterest

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at London Victoria Premier Inn. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay
With reference to the smell in the reception area whilst you were here. We had a blocked drain on the out side of our building which was noted by the Duty Manager who called out our engineers, however due to the amount of time getting to us it was too late at night to be able to resolve.
This was resolved the next day but it did cause an odour which was coming through our vents, We did take all precautions and closed the lower level in the restaurant so as not to upset our guests as the odour was quite strong at times and served from our Bar menu.
We are also working with Spectrum our WiFi service provider to try and get a faster connection.

We hope to be able to welocme you back again at London Victoria Premier Inn again in the future

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Our family (2 adults, 2 kids aged 10 &14) stayed here for five nights in the middle of June. We were looking for a place that was clean, located near transportation, and large enough to fit us all comfortably, and not overly expensive - the Premier Inn Victoria certainly fit that well. The staff was helpful, especially when we had trouble with our key cards, and the two single beds for the kids did not cramp us the way I had expected it might. The price was reasonable for fitting all four of us in one room in London at a location convenient to transportation.

There was room to hang our jackets, pegs for our PJs, and shelves for other items. There was a hair dryer and shampoo/shower gel, and the tub/shower was a good size. We had enough towels and they were in good shape as well. All was clean. The room was air conditioned. The only thing we missed having was a sheet - most of the places we stayed throughout the trip used a duvet and although I know it seldom gets too, too hot in the U.K. it was a bit too much for us in mid-June. But this was not a-typical, as I said.

Due to an electrical converter malfunction we needed a toothbrush, and although they advertised in the bathroom that they had kits available for those 'forgotten items' they didn't seem to have that on hand...however, the staff did look and found a toothbrush that looked like it might have come from such a kit, which was much appreciated.

Breakfast is not included, but the hotel restaurant does offer breakfast. We opted to use the food stalls available at nearby Victoria station (there was quite a variety including Izzy's Bagels, which was very good, Krispy Kreme and various bakery shops, all with good prices), as we were usually heading out by tube or bus. The Station transport was easy to use and just a few short blocks walk from the hotel, as were some of the London hop-on-hop-off bus tours - the Original London Bus, and Big Bus was the other one I believe? In any case, it was very convenient for getting around. I am not sure that I would have been entirely comfortable walking as a single woman after dark, but we did so as a family once and had no troubles. Another late evening we took a cab and the cab driver did have a little trouble finding the entrance, but we went around the block again and helped direct him - not a big deal.

I think the only minus is that there is not free WiFi. This was true at all Premier Inns, although you could purchase a 24 hour package for five pounds. Longer packages were also available.

I would definitely stay here again, and was impressed with the chain as a whole - we stayed at several Premiers throughout our trip and found them all to be in good condition, clean, and with helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank Family4RdTrip

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at London Victoria Premier Inn and am really glad that we met your expectations again. As you mentioned there is lots to do and eat in the surounding area but, next time you are with us why not try our meal deal package which is £22.00 and includes your all you can eat Premier Breakfast and a 2 course meal in the evening.
I hope that we can welcome you back again to London Victoria Premier inn.