I needed a two be apartment to enable my husband and I to attend a function while mother in law babysat the two children. What I hoped for was a clean apartment with a good view (I did request a balcony view with views for my five year old.) The apartment was brilliant. As requested we had apartment 27 on the 12th floor, west tower with lounge/ balcony views stretching from the O2 right round to the Shard and Tower Bridge. From the bedrooms we could even see the Gerkin. My five year old so was thrilled with the views. It also helped that the DVD actually worked, which is a nice touch especially when you have children to enetertain.
Obviously as we were in London there was street noise, sirens etc but this was not hideous and perfectly reasonable given where we were located.
The apartment itself was spotless. The kitchen was well equipped despite the microwave not having a turntable in it, this did not stop it being useable. The litchen had everything that you could need. With a Tesco's Express really near it was easy to get what we needed for dinner for the children and mother in law and breakfast for us all the next morning.
My mother in law opted for the sofa bed in the lounge, which had the most amazingly comfortable mattress, quality not at all thin and useless. The cot that we requested was perfectly useable, mattress a bit stained, but it was a cot. We simply doubled up the bottom sheet and it was perfectly fine. The towels were clean and planty of them and the luixury toiletries a really nice touch. We all slept really well.
The area is which the apartments are is currently being re-developed but they are about 10 minutes walk from Tower Hill or really close to Aldgate East and Aldgate tube stations. A few posters here have commented that its not a great area, perhaps true but the apartments are very secure and the area is improving. This was our first time at any Marlin Apartments but we will definitely be using the apartments again. They are cost effective and a really nice base in the city, either short or long term.
My final comment is that after leaving the apartment, but mother in law found that she had left a ruby and diamond ring in the apartment. I quickly called the apartments while my husband headed back to find said ring. The lady at reception could not have been moire helpful. She located the ring and called me back to say that she had it, my husband was able to pick the ring up very quickly but the receptionist did offer to send the ring to us. This thoughfulness and honesty really just added to the whole excellent experience. I would recommend these apartments, the great staff really added to the whole experience. Thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our newest development, Marlin Aldgate, is situated in London's latest financial district. These premier apartments were constructed in 2009 in a response to the incredible and ever-growing demand for cost-effective London accommodation that does not compromise on quality.Marlin Aldgate is amongst a host of vibrant and fashionable districts such as Shoreditch and Hoxton that have been welcoming a new wave of urbanites in recent years. From this development, guests are only a short distance away from such London landmarks as Tower Bridge, the Gherkin and Canary Wharf. Aldgate is highly accessible via public transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Marlin Apartments Aldgate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marlin Apartments - Aldgate City East Hotel London
- Marlin Apartments Aldgate London, England